What are your reccomendations for the best sit down restaurent in EPCOT

PamelaNiebergal

Sorry if there had already been a thread on this topic but I just wanted to hear some fresh opinions. For our upcoming trip we can only afford to eat at a couple of sit down restaurents and there are so many options at EPCOT. What do you guys reccomend as the best for atmosphere and food quality? Any advice would be appreciated.

DisneyMarg

When we were there last week, we really enjoyed Akershus as something different but good. The koldtbord has a great variety of salads and other starters - something for everyone but plenty of new things to try as well. Then, they bring small portions of entrees from the kitchen. We tried lots of interesting things until we couldn't hold any more. We were there during Illuminations and it was like the place was on fire. The firelight glowing in the stained glass windows was really cool... well, hot.

Our thought is that we can get good Italian, seafood, German, Chinese, etc at home, but there are no Norwegian restaurants here.

Upvote 0

Halfling418

I've only been to a couple in EPCOT--the restaurant in France, and The English Pub. Both I definately recommend.

Loved them both--it somewhat depends on what type of food you like. Both places had great, super-friendly service. In France I had chicken cordon bleu with chocolate mousse for dessert(the waiter helped me sound out the names in French--I didn't mind because he was georgeous :animwink: ), and in England I had fish & chips(and they've got cute outfits--dresses for the gals and knickers on the guys). All of the food is delish!

There is an outside section in England, and it gave us a good view of Illuminations. France has big glass windows, and you can see a lot of the goings-on in the street.

I was with my family in both places, and both work fine with kids--France has a "fancy dining" feel, and England has a laid-back feel.

I never went to Mexico for the simple fact that I hate Mexican food, but I really want to eat in China and Italy in the future.

Upvote 0

Nicole

Check out the restaurant menus at AllEarsNet.com, that will give you a good idea. My favorite Epcot restaurant is the Biergarten in Germany. Yummy food and fun entertainment.

Upvote 0

GolferQn

Most of the resturants in world showcase are awesome. the one in italy is faboulous(also has cute waiters). the nine dragons in china is very good too.

In future world i recommend the coral reef ,its the best, has great seafood, great atmosphere too.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

Les Chef de France is probably the tops. We've also done Mexico, Norway, Germany, Japan and England. All quite good. Planning to do Canada this summer!

Actually, I think Bistro de Paris (name?), the Upstairs restaurant in France, is probably the top of the line entry. I haven't tried that one yet, though

Upvote 0

Stinkerbell

If you like Mexican food, San Angel Inn is very nice. :slurp: It's very small though and tends to get to full capacity quick, so make priority seating arrangements. You can also watch the Mexico boat ride go by while you eat. It also has a very romantic atmosphere. The only negative. I hated their Margaritas. A little too strong for my taste... but then again I am a lightweight when it comes to alcohol. :hurl:

Upvote 0

alanindy

I have tried nearly all the Epcot restaraunts and they are all great, it just depends on your mood and what you have a taste for at that moment. Each has it's own atmosphere and style. I haven't tried the 2 in France or the one in Italy. I found Nine Dragons to be very noisy both times I ate there and it wouldn't be my first choice if you wanted a more romantic experience. Teppanyaki is fun but similar to a Bennihana, Le Cellier in Canada is cozy and the cheese soup was wonderful, Marakesh in Morocco was unusual with the live entertainment, Mexico had great atmosphere being inside the village at night, and on and on.

Upvote 0

bidnow5

It depends on what you like my favorite is LeCellier in Canada but I love steak my second is England it's the closest to English Fish and Chips that I have found in the States. I would have to say all of them are real good so I don't think you can make a mistake if you check out the menus and chose one that has the kind of food you like best

Upvote 0

goofyman

We have eaten at Mexico ( Great atmosphere) Food was yummy! Canada was yummy also! Japanese steak house was good also but you do not get as much food as you do at similar places. The only one that we were not crazy with was China. Like someone else said though it depends on your mood, you will enjoy just about anyone of them

Upvote 0

longfamily

*Alfredo's (italy) is outstanding.
*Coral Reef is really good and has a fun atmosphere
*Biergarten (Germany) is our all-time favorite because of both food and entertainment.

At Disney, you are unlikely to get any food that is yucky. I suppose it is a matter of your personal preference. Online you can view the menu's to all of the wonderful restaurants available at Epcot. The All Ears Network has most of them, if not all. Go to www.allearsnet.com

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I have eaten in most of the restaurants in EPCOT. Le Cellier is awesome, Rose & Crown is good, Chef De France I wasnt impressed by, Morocco was good, Japan I really like, America should get a continental type of restaurant!!!, Italy I thought was terrible and wouldnt go back, Germany was good and the entertainment was fun, CHina was Good but as said kinda noisy, Mexico I havent gotten to as of yet. Belle

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Germany, love the beer foods authentic but not fancy. Shared the table with a variety of people which added to the fun. (a must do for us)

Japan, food was good the chef was entertaining, only thing that let it down was the spoiled teen who moaned her way through the entire thing.

Norway, enjoyed it very mutch rest of the family split over this place dependsw on your likes, Id check the menu before going here.

Mexico, absoloutely love this place. food is good, but not brilliant but the setting makes it.

Morroco, my type of food really loved it. however kids were a pain.

Coral reef, we have eaten there but the food was so memorable none of us canremember a thing about it.

I would never dream of eating in the UK, coals to Newcastle and all that.

We may try Canad this time but that would mean having to sacrafice San Angel or the Biergartten. lifes just full of tough decisions. :animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom