What are your favorite sounds at Disney?

Walt Disney1955

"For every sound your ears are hearing, a thousand thoughts can start appearing. And each of us imagines different things. From just a sound, your mind has wings."

What sounds bring you right back to WDW?? As well all know, there are a lot of "sounds" at Disney World, so, let's break this down:

Favorite Ride/Attraction Audio:
Favorite Ambiance Music:
Favorite Environment Sound:
Your Personal Favorite thing to say in WDW:

It is hard to hear a banjo at times and not think of Frontierland for me. Songs like "Happy Trails", "Red River Valley", "Home on the Range" are ones I associate with Frontierland because I've heard them on the musical loop.

OG Runner

The "sound" that became my favorite, was heard while staying at the Polynesian Resort. We were in one of the last
buildings, near the Luau venue, and each night of our vacation, including the night we went to the Luau, we would
hear a bit of drum roll followed by "Aaaaaloooha!"

Raineman

Favorite Ride/Attraction Audio: Haunted Mansion-when I am jonesing for WDW, I play the HM audio loop, and I feel better
Favorite Ambiance Music: The music loop that plays at the MK entrance & on MSUSA
Favorite Environment Sound: The train whistle at MK
Your Personal Favorite thing to say in WDW: At the end of the day-"We've done our duty. We can hotel and schleep well."

CoreNovawarAMM

Favorite attraction/ride audio: “They’re not gonna make it, they’re not gonna make it!”
2 seconds later:”You made it! I knew you would.”

Favorite ambience music: Frontierland

Favorite environment sound: the mine train sounds on Big Thunder Mountain/ the “ding” on Primeval Whirl

Favorite thing to say in parks: “That was...interesting.” And also,”Did you see that person’s shirt?!”

CoreNovawarAMM

Fave attraction audio: The American Adventure. I wish they had the whole show's soundtrack out on CD. Not just "Golden Dream", although that is stirring in itself. I managed to get a few tracks around the turn of the millennium when they had a create your own CD feature near where Mouse Gear now is.

Ambiance music: the music in Canada. There's this one riff I really love. I thought I identified it as being from a song called "Peaceful", which I found out was a #1 in Canada for two weeks. But then I realized it was music from the soundtrack of the original O Canada 360 degree film.

Environmental sound: I'll go with some of the others on this thread and say the boat horns on 7 Seas Lagoon. Back in the early eighties, I was at Magic Kingdom with my pen pal, Nike, and to her, everytime the horn sounded, she said it sounded like the beginning of "Only Time Will Tell", by Asia, one of her fave bands.

personal fave thing to say: I usually come alone and don't tend to talk to myself. However, something I've often thought is that a lot of people save up big money to come here in a once-in-a-lifetime trip, and as a local annual passholder, I can come here just about anytime. I feel blessed and grateful.
Same here...

sounds/smells always take me back to WDW - here are my answers;

Favourite Ride/Attraction Audio: "Welcome Foolish Mortals" Grimm Grinning Ghosts
Favourite Ambiance Music: Epcot - Japan Pavilion
Favourite Environment Sound: "please stand clear of the doors"
Your Personal Favourite thing to say in WDW: "Welcome Home!"

KINGLOUIS1993

Favorite Ride/Attraction Audio: Splash Mountain
Favorite Ambiance Music: Tomorrowland
Favorite Environment Sound: The screaming when the elevator drops in ToT that you can here whilst walking past
Your Personal Favorite thing to say in WDW: Anyone want an Ice Cream?
Favorite safety announcement: “!Por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas”

kjb101791

My favorite sound is the whistles on the steam trains! Nothing sounds better to someone who loves trains than the sound of a genuine steam whistle.
George Bailey: "You know what the 3 most exciting sounds in the world are?"
Uncle Billy: "uhhuh- breakfast is served, lunch is served, dinner is ser-"
George Bailey: "no, no, no, no- anchor chains, plane motors, and train whistles."

If George Bailey agrees with you, then I guess I have to also. Although an underappreciated aura is that created by the sounds at the TTC. It really builds the excitement since it sounds like a Disney park and has other aspects going for it (fonts of signs, building style, etc.). Any ambient music, as found in youtube loops, always takes me back. Listen to the Star Tunnel loop and tell me you aren't taken right to the queue.

becca_

Favorite Ride/Attraction Audio: Expedition Everest when you hear the track switch before you go backwards... Splash Mountain... Tower of Terror.... so many to choose from LOL
Favorite Ambiance Music: Anything in AK - especially "Hapa Duniani" by the Voices of Celebration (The song on KSafari)
Favorite Environment Sound: During HEA when you can hear all the little kids singing How Far I'll Go... normally I hate that but I'll admit it's kinda cute ;)
Your Personal Favorite thing to say in WDW: "We still have x amount of days left here!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom