What are your favorite sounds at Disney?

KCheatle

Original Poster
"For every sound your ears are hearing, a thousand thoughts can start appearing. And each of us imagines different things. From just a sound, your mind has wings."

What sounds bring you right back to WDW?? As well all know, there are a lot of "sounds" at Disney World, so, let's break this down:

Favorite Ride/Attraction Audio:
Favorite Ambiance Music:
Favorite Environment Sound:
Your Personal Favorite thing to say in WDW:

KCheatle

Original Poster
Favorite Ride/Attraction Audio: "If your future includes shopping, then you’ll want to visit Mickey’s Star Traders, where you’ll find the greatest goods from around the galaxy."
Favorite Ambiance Music: Innovations Area.
Favorite Environment Sound: Boat horns on Bay Lake.
Your Personal Favorite thing to say in WDW: At least once a day, I stop my family and say "Look guys. We're actually here."

LeighM

My favorite attraction music will always be Haunted Mansion. As for the ambiance/environment sound, the music along Main Street in MK, the music around Spaceship Earth, and anything played throughout AK are my favorites. I bought the AK CD a couple of years ago and every time I hear it, I'm transported back to the park. And strangely enough, it's something I only noticed during the 2015 trip, but the music they play at the bus stops at MK sets up the park really well. As for resorts, I love the background music they play at Port Orleans Riverside.

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

so my favorite sounds are probably associated with resorts. The lobby at WL has the most relaxing, soothing sound of any place I know.
I love the music they play on the actual Boardwalk. I'm the only one who likes to get up early so I would go over to the Boardwalk bakery and get a goodie and then eat it on the boardwalk. the music combined with the boat sounds is my favorite.

Ambiance music? humm this is a tough one. I enjoy the music down Main street usa. when you first walk in. so "Americana"
favorite saying "Welcome home"

Leahbobeah

Favorite Ride/Attraction Audio: Haunted Mansion
Favorite Ambiance Music: Instrumental music playing throughout the parks
Favorite Environment Sound: Screams from Splash/Thunder/Space Mountains, Expedition Everest, etc.
Your Personal Favorite thing to say in WDW: There it is!! (in reference to the "Disney Smell")

ColinDLR

Favorite Ride/Attraction Audio: Fantasmic!
Favorite Ambiance Music: I know its redundant, but the Fantasmic exit music on repeat when you are walking on the path back from the Hollywood Hills Ampitheater.

Favorite Environment Sound: Bells at Everest
Your Personal Favorite thing to say in WDW: "I know I say it every time, but this really is my favorite place on earth"

belledream

Favorite Ride/Attraction Audio: Welcome to a voyage of discovery and awareness of the richness, the diversity, and the often surprising nature of living with the land. Our journey begins as dramatic and sudden changes are sweeping over the land. The approaching storm may seem violent and destructive to us, but to nature, it’s a new beginning in the cycle of life.
Favorite Ambiance Music: Tangled restroom area music
Favorite Environment Sound: the sound of the water and waves as you ride the boat across Seven Seas Lagoon
Your Personal Favorite thing to say in WDW: I'm so happy.

Andrew_Animatronic

Favorite attraction audio has to be the Peter Pan Ride voices.
Favorite ambient sound, as I've said before, is the swing and jazz of sunset blvd.
Favorite environment sound: Pandora. Place really grew on me.
And my personal favorite thing to say is "It's the Disney way!" a term coined by a good friend of mine for when something in the park is either extremely amazing, or expesnsive.

begood524

Favorite attraction audio: Ellen's Energy Adventure - it had a beautiful soundtrack
Favorite ambiance music: Innoventions/Future World and Tomorrowland
Favorite environment sound: The train whistle at MK or the sound of the Test Track cars going by outside
Favorite thing to say in the parks: "We made it!"

NickWilde

Favorite Ride/Attraction Audio: It would be cliche to say Haunted Mansion, but it’s just so good! That and the Tiki Room.

Favorite Ambience Music: The traditional Japanese music at the Japan pavilion in EPCOT.

Favorite Environmental Sound: The sounds of the WDWRR.

Favorite Saying: “Let’s do that again!”

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I've got to do this in threes

Favorite attraction audio: Wedway / Spaceship Earth / COP
Favorite ambience music: Tomorrowland / Port Orleans Riverside / Future World
Favorite environment sound: Schweitzer Falls / The Sound of the Jeep at Kilamanjaro / People screaming on E ticket rides
Favorite thing to say in parks: Excuse me / Watch where you're going / Texting while walking should be a crime

Rumrunner

"For every sound your ears are hearing, a thousand thoughts can start appearing. And each of us imagines different things. From just a sound, your mind has wings."

What sounds bring you right back to WDW?? As well all know, there are a lot of "sounds" at Disney World, so, let's break this down:

Favorite Ride/Attraction Audio:
Favorite Ambiance Music:
Favorite Environment Sound:
Your Personal Favorite thing to say in WDW:
4 years ago I was leaving the MK late at night on our last day or our trip with my wife, daughter, son-in-law and two of my grand daughters.
At the time because of my health conditions I figured it was my last ever trip to Disney. They were playing the old time song "Let me call you Sweetheart", one of my favorite songs form the past and my material grandma's favorite song. I was a little choked up and will never forget what a great feeling it was.
By some quirk of fate and luck I was able to go back two years later and on our last night as we exited the park with my two kids, their spouses, and our 5 grand kids they were playing another of my favorite oldies "Cruising down the River". Probably means nothing to most people but it was so special to me. Two fond memories that are unique and left me with a great feeling. Those moments just said to me life is good.
Believe it or not I am going back June 11th thru 20th this year. Lucky me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom