What are your Best and LEAST favorite resorts you have stayed at and why

Iteachwood

We have stayed at Poly( honeymoon 1985),Wilderness Ldg,Port Orleans, Riverside ( Dixie Landings),Pop,AllStar Movies, AllStar Sports, AllStar Music, Carribean, Coronado.
Our FAVORITE is still Polynesian, although we can't afford it right now. Its so relaxing,mellow, close to the Kingdom,and has 2 great restraunts in Kona Cafe and Ohana.
Our least ( and this is tough because they are all good) is probably AllStar Music. We had bad experience there, people smoking outside our doors and ewe had to constantly tell main desk.

**** I meant resorts in thread not resoret!!! typical me

fixed it :wave:

foreverbelle

We have stayed at

CBR
Wilderness Lodge
SSR
OKW
AKL

I would have to say my favorite out of all of them is Wilderness Lodge. To me it has always been so warm and inviting and I love the theme of it. Plus its close enough to the action, and yet far enough away that you can, if need and want step away for a moment.

My least? Its a hard one but maybe OKW, we didn't have a bad experience there, it just wasn't what I thought it was going to be.

Upvote 0

Bocko57

Favorite Deluxe: AKL and WL (pending on the mood)
Favorite Moderate: CBR
Favorite Value: POP

Least Favorite: POFQ - like another person stated felt like a value and cleanliness has been an issue.

Upvote 0

juscet

Stayed at Caribbean Beach, All-Star Music and Pop Century, Old Key West, and Port Orleans- Riverside

Favorite: Port Orleans- Riverside: great theming, great night shows (Bob Jackson), boat to Downtown Disney

Least Favorite: (not including Value Resorts), Caribbean Beach: too big, wait a long time for bus, can be too far from the food court:)

Upvote 0

dizzney

We've stayed at all of the DVC Resorts at WDW as well as GF, Poly, Contemporary, WL, Beach Club, and Riverside.

Our favorite by far is Boardwalk Villas, one of our two DVC home resorts and we love it.

Least favorite is Sarasota Springs, maybe its the outside hallways, maybe the spreawl and maybe the fact that we were there during Hurricane Charlie, not sure but its one that DH, the kids and I dont feel like returning to.

Upvote 0

loveofamouse

We've stayed at Pop a good 8+ times, AS:M 3-4x, AS:S 2x, AS:Mu 3-4x, POFQ 1x. All others were Off prop.

Of all of the value resorts, Pop is my fav. I love the theme and the giant toys. It's also a walk down memory lane. I love cultural history :)

Value resort I hated the most: Sports. That hotel seems to be in bad repair and always overran by groups and teams.

POFQ, I did as a teen. I remember liking the theme. I remember the bussing was much better than value. That's the one thing I hate about values. The bussing is hell sometimes! No where NEAR the amount of busses needed for those routes!

Our upcoming trip, I was strongly thinking of either Contemporary or CBR, but we may do a vacation home off prop. It was nice using the busses with my son's WC but sometimes, it was a PITA. DH likes using our van and we may be travelling with friends and family making our party bigger.

Upvote 0

plutofan15

Stayed at:

Poly - back in the mid '70's when I was 10
Port Orleans Riverside (Dixie Landings at the time)
Yacht Club (3x)
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Ft. Wilderness Cabins
Boardwalk Inn
Old Key West (3x)
Port Orleans French Quarter
Tree House Villas in February 2011

Our favorite resort if it is just DW and myself would be the Yacht Club. Love the hotel, atmosphere, pool and location. The resort we like the most for the whole family would be Old Key West. The rooms are huge, the grounds are great and the kids like the boat ride to Downtown Disney. Coming in a close second would be the cabins at Ft. Wilderness. Highly underrated as far as we are concerned.

Our least favorite so far has been the Boardwalk Inn. The hotel seemed noisy, the staff was not the friendliest and just had the feel of a business hotel with the convention area.

Upvote 0

Annexab

CBR 2003 was the most underwhelming for us. Long walks, poor housekeeping and not up to "moderate" standards in my opinion.
Boardwalk 98 was the most memorable . Had a balcony room right over the middle of Boardwalk, great service and a spotless room.... and the last trip with no kids :veryconfu

Andrew

Upvote 0

bgraham34

Wilderness Lodge is my absolute favorite. Too many things to list why but number 1 is the boat ride to the MK. I just love it. Plus its a resort that makes you feel like you are staying anywhere but Florida.

Caribbean Beach is my least favorite. I don't like the bus system there. Takes way too long to get around and not too mention when I went it felt really run down.

Upvote 0

LowesChevy

We have stayed at the Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Old Key West, Polynesian, Yacht & Beach Clubs, Bay Lake Tower and Saratoga Springs.

My favorites are Bay Lake Tower and the Polynesian

My least favorite was Saratoga Springs-very large, not close to any major park, theming is rather bland for our tastes

Upvote 0

WASaMATTR

Favorite and Least Favorite Resorts

BoardWalk Inn (1x)
Caribbean Beach Resort (4x)
All Star Sports Resort (3x's)
Animal Kingdom Villas (1x)
Coronado Springs Resort (1x)
Grand Floridian Resort and Spa (1x)
Old Key West Resort (4x)
Polynesian Resort (2x)
Port Orleans French Quarter (1x)
Port Orleans Riverside (1x)
Saratoga Springs Resort (2x)
Shades of Green Resort (3x )(when it was the Disney Inn)

My Favorite is the Polynesian (close to the MK and romantic) and least favorite would be the All Star (i like the themes but the resort is a little too crowded (even for Disney).

Upvote 0

4everDory

Over the years, we've stayed at ASMo, ASMu, Pop, POR, CSR, AKL, and Beach Club. Our favorite? Beach Club, hands down! Love the convenience, the pool, having Cape May downstairs, the beautiful beach. Least favorite? ASMu...it wasn't necessarily the resort, I think it was just me. We stayed there at a very stressful time in my life, and were there just for one night, before checking in at AKL for 9 days. When I went to the lobby to check-out, it seemed so loud and chaotic, and the CM who checked me out wasn't very nice. Again, though, it was a time when I needed peace and quiet at my hotel, so I could de-stress (it was September, so the parks weren't really crowded).

So, here I am, getting ready to stay at the ASMu Family Suites this year, after staying at the Beach Club for the past 3 years. Yes, I know it will be a resort-shock, but I'm willing to try it again, to save my family about $2,000 over The Beach Club's rates. I have a DD13 with Asperger's Syndrome, so we have to stay somewhere that she can have her own bed, rather than share with her sister (she doesn't do well sharing a bed...actually, whoever sleeps with her doesn't do so well either, getting kicked or pushed off the bed, or having to listen to her talk in her sleep). There will be 5 of us there at various times during the vacation, so we have to book somewhere that will hold 5 people. We'll try the Family Suites and see what happens. My DD's are VERY excited about it! My mom and I, not so sure...DH just wants to save money :animwink:

Upvote 0

mp2bill

As my avatar suggests,

Wilderness Lodge is my favorite - I just like that "lodge type of feeling." Reminds me of camping, but without having to sleep in a tent (by the way, I even enjoyed camping at the WDW campground when I did it 20 years ago).

All-Star Movies is my least favorite - It's too spread out and too much like a big hotel property ______ opposed to a resort. Other than that (and the fact that it's so far from the MK), I had no problem with it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom