What are you paying for your airfare?

PirateAngel

Thanks Lulabell :) If I do fly out of Philly I may stay at my sister's house, she lives in PA. So, there might be a save :)

Flying to/from JFK or LaG is such a pain from SI.

October 2012 paid $838, 4 people, non-stop from Long Island to Orlando flying Southwest. Early flight to FL and afternoon flight coming home. I was pretty excited. :sohappy:

LuLaSue

Thanks Lulabell :) If I do fly out of Philly I may stay at my sister's house, she lives in PA. So, there might be a save :)

Flying to/from JFK or LaG is such a pain from SI.

I am a Staten Islander also! :wave: I totally get it! Newark is so convenient for us ESPECIALLY if your on the South Shore :D Good Luck!

designermv

I'm looking for Metro DC to MCO November 6-13, two adults and two kids, and the best I've found is $758 on JetBlue out of DCA. It sounds so pricey to me given what we've paid in the past, but I'm thinking I need to just bite the bullet and book it. I don't trust that Southwest will be that much better so I don't think I should wait for their next round of release dates.

Driving is sounding good about now....if only I could force my 2-year old into a 16-hour state of hibernation. :lookaroun

EDITED: I bit the bullet and bought our tix yesterday. $95 per person each way, four people, for a total of $758 RT.

tarjaybuff

BUF to MCO

We booked SWA, and only paid $265pp RT from Buffalo, NY to Orlando. Both flights are nonstop for travel in Sept. We actually got a credit back last week, because the rates dropped by $60, and 2 bags fly FREE!:sohappy:

mickey2008.1

What we think is cheap nowadays is not. Before and after 911, baggage fees were included, now they are not. That was the excuse back then, and then high gas prices. As prices of gas have fallen, and we still pay airport fees, prices have continued to stay the same or rise. With the government bailouts, we still take the punishment. Its the airlines who have taken advantage of the situation and screwed us paying loyal customers. While they buy bigger planes that are more economical.. Take away everything and pay more. Typical big company and government cooperation.

yensid67

Air Tran Package Price

I am planning a December 2013 trip for 2 adults and the costs of airfare is $369.63 for 2 Round Trips BWI to MCO Morning/afternoon times.

The total price of my package with Flight/Hotel/Car/Tickets for 2 adults is $1620.06(2012 prices; I-Drive Hotel; Alamo Economy; 2 day WDW 1 day Sea World)

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
We ended up paying $1010.00 total for 4 of us round trip for the end of September.
Hartford to MCO.

That's on SW with early bird check in. So it ends up being really about 180.00 round trip per person without early bird.

TamaraQT

We are a family of 4. I paid $135 one way on SW from PHL to MCO, plus earlybird check-in. ($579.20 ) Then AirTran for $118 from MCO to PHL. With AirTran there is a baggage fee for 3 of us at $20. $531.20 plus I paid for seats $52. ($583.20). So in total $1162.40. Last week Southwest dropped down to $110. So I got $100 credit to use for next year. Total airfare $1062.40. I am used to paying so much less but I can live with it. For those that booked southwest back in March, keep an eye on your fares. Rates have dropped in some areas. You won't get cash back, but at least a credit for future use.

msmit002

I was ticket stalking

In the end, we wound up getting tickets for $138 each way from BWI to MCO on SWA, with free bags.

I had noticed that the prices dipped on Tuesdays then jumped back up on Wednesdays so I just kept watching until they were where I was comfortable with (which was less than $140 per leg.) I booked the return leg first. Two weeks later, my outbound leg fell to the desired price range and then I booked it. So, sometimes it is advantageous to book each leg separately.

I know that once that price 'tier' is sold out, that's it. I think I got lucky, booking 65 days or so out.

ETA: I continued the ticket stalking and prices dropped to $115 per leg with T-5 weeks. Rebooked and got a credit. So, we are flying for $230 RT.

Disney05

We paid $105 from MCO to Long Island for our August trip. We've yet to get airfare going though. :eek: Waiting for that all elusive DING! We've waited as long as three weeks before our trip to purchase. But this year we're nervous. Prices are high! There is a teeny, tiny chance I can hop on a private jet though. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Cmdr_Crimson

Just a few days ago I bought my Flight from United..I was fiddling with the seating and decided to look at First Class for spits and giggles..Well...It made my jaw agape as the price for first class from ORD - MCO was only.....get this..o_O$354!! I was surprised by it so I selected the earliest flight and the flight back to Chicago was at:eek:$393 for First class as well...It was at that moment I Had to book it...So I am now flying First class on United for a grand total of $393.60!!:) I am so friggin Happy right now!:D

nepalostparks

I just flew from Orlando to Harrisburg on Frontier for $90 and from Allentown to Orlando on Frontier for $95. They just added flights out of those two airports, which is nice new option for those within a two hour drive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom