What are you paying for your airfare?

Sans Souci

Just a few days ago I bought my Flight from United..I was fiddling with the seating and decided to look at First Class for spits and giggles..Well...It made my jaw agape as the price for first class from ORD - MCO was only.....get this..o_O$354!! I was surprised by it so I selected the earliest flight and the flight back to Chicago was at:eek:$393 for First class as well...It was at that moment I Had to book it...So I am now flying First class on United for a grand total of $393.60!!:) I am so friggin Happy right now!:D

Fortune is smiling upon you today. How awesome for you! Did you book far out?

We have flights booked for SWA, MDW-MCO for $840. I like SWA because we rarely have delays flying out of Midway, we live 30 minutes from MDW, and my husband's golf clubs are "free". :)

fmingo36

I booked my flights for the Tower of Terror 10 miles in September last Sunday. I paid $240 per person for Hartfort To MCO on SWA. Early morning non-stop flights. Flight went down this week $20 per person so i called and now I have a $40 credit to use for another trip. :D

I prefer to fly JetBlue because of the TVs for the kids, we are able to pick our seats, and no baggage fees but their price were ridiculous. It's only me and my hubby going down in Sept. so no big deal if we can's sit together and I look forward to just chillin' and reading a book. No Kids this trip!

wiigirl

194.00 ROund trip from Allentown, PA to MCO direct with no stops on Frontier
75.gif

Thats really good!

captainkidd

I just paid $409 roundtrip from Boston to Orlando on JetBlue in January. I believe that is the highest I've ever paid.

I don't like to fly Delya, as they're always changing their schedule. I also don't like flying Southwest anymore as the cattle call seating procedure has gotten more and more difficult over the years.

tchauvin

We payed around $300 back a few months ago when they started creeping up. We got a non stop flight on Jetblue. My sister checked prices out of curiosity on the same flight and they are up to almost $700

SweetEvangeline

We paid $222 per person round trip flying non stop with Air Tran from Columbus to MCO the first week of Sept. I have checked every week since then and they have not been at this rate since we booked. This week when I checked, our departing flight was up to $122 and the return flight was up to $184.. We are still hoping MAYBE they will drop a little so we can get a credit to use for luggage fees.

wendysue

We got 190 RT tickets with United last month--ohare to orlando. Once I have my trip booked I check almost daily and finally they had dropped from 356 each to 165 +tax.

Fraisie

Montrealer here, 10 minutes away from the airport. Getting a direct flight to Orlando is normally only offered by Air Canada and it's pretty expensive. They also have really early return flights and I prefer spending as much time in WDW on the last day as possible. Soooooo, I normally try to get an Air Canada direct flight for Montreal-Orlando and a late flight with another company for the return. And we got just that for our upcoming trip! $450 for an 8am direct flight to Orlando, and a 6:50pm flight with a layover in Washington. Not bad at all!

Prices generally go anywhere between 400 to 550. We can also drive down to Burlington or Plattsburgh, but that adds a lot of traveling time, which I'm not a big dan of.

jlthomas81

I purchased our tickets for our September 19th trip back in the middle of May through SWA at $281 a piece for 4 of us flying out of STL. We have non-stop arr @ 10:30 am and returning at 4:20, also nonstop. Since booking, I have re-booked our flights twice, and now have a $160 credit in my account and after this trip will have enough miles for a free one way flight! So we finally got our flight down to $241 a person. Not to far from $200 pp and its non-stop...so it's a win win for me since I have an autistic son who needs the least amount of changes as possible!! When I first started looking, Delta actually had the cheapest flights, but when we added up the extra baggage fees and layover times, it wasn't worth it to us.

DisDadEddie

Our flights for the four of us from Newark,NJ to Orlando were free! We were in WDW when the hurricane made it's way up the east coast last August. We were offered flight credit to delay our trip home by a day so we jumped at it. $1500 in flight credits paid for our flight for our January trip and our upcoming August trip.

olinecoach61

We paid $198 each to fly from Hartford to MCO on jet blue. Delta no longer flies direct to MCO from Hartford. I would have had to stop in either Atlanta or puerto Rico.

bethymouse

Well- for 9/23 w/ return flight round trip non stop from Reagan to Orlando on travelocity, it's 146$ pp. Total cost $670.40. Baggage fee of course (US Airways).
We usually drive, which is about 420$ gas (we have a Durango- gas guzzler-LOL).
Any thoughts?
Is this a good deal? We've never flown before.:eek:

popcenturylover

This sounds like a good deal to me! We are flying non-stop from Pittsburgh to Orlando round-trip for 3 people and it cost us $665. We booked it back in April. Our 1st time flying there also!:)

journ116

FYI: Many airlines are running "July 4th" specials. Even after booking my flights, I randomly check my airline for specials, and sure enough, AirTran is running one right now thru July 6th: BWI-MCO $87.80 each way. When I booked my flight in May, it was $104.80 each way; I saved $34 RT x 6 ppl (in my travel party) = $204 saved:D

AirTran does offer "credit" for reduced airfares, so long as you're not changing your flight or days. The "credit" is good for one year from issue and can be used toward future flights, luggage and seat assignments. Since I'm not sure how the "credits" will transfer once AT is completely absorbed by Southwest, we will use our credits toward luggage fees.

It pays to watch your fares!

jdnetone

We are going from Memphis in late October. How did you get a low rate? I f you don't mind me asking, I am trying to cut our cost some.

Thanks
jdnetone

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom