What are the cuts at Disney World quick service. Less choice or less food? Or both?

betty rose

Original Poster
To those that have gone to Disney recently, what kind of cuts are you seeing. Is declining quality noticeable. We have a family trip in June, and need to learn the impact of all the cuts. Thanks for any news.

flyerjab

We were just there over Easter weekend. I saw no difference in size or quality at the TS locations. At the QS locations, the only difference I noticed was not as many french fries as normal...although, all things considered, that might actually be a good thing.

But the food was still good no matter where we ate.

betty rose

Original Poster
We were just there over Easter weekend. I saw no difference in size or quality at the TS locations. At the QS locations, the only difference I noticed was not as many french fries as normal...although, all things considered, that might actually be a good thing.

Thanks!

CaptainAmerica

Don't you know that doesn't fit The Narrative (TM)?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We noticed no differences on our recent trip at all. Still plenty of variety and portions were still more than adequate as always. For example I always get the Lobster Roll at CHH and as usual it was overflowing with lobster both times we ate one for lunch one day and dinner another (dinner it's not on the menu anymore but you can still order it at dinner) so much so you had to eat some with a fork before you even attempted to eat it like a normal sandwich. And the chips were overflowing off the plate. If any cuts the lobster would be one to put less. Lobster is not cheap! So no I don't agree things declined in any way and we eat at 1 QS each day and stay for 2 weeks. Noticed no different at TS either and we eat at 1 TS a day as well if not 2 some days. :rolleyes:

Karenb64

I was there in February and some other family members just got back. We both saw changes from increased prices - $17.00 for a hamburger fries and Coke at Liberty Inn - to smaller portions - 2 pieces of fish instead of 3 at Yorkshire County Fish Shop - to certain things no longer being offered - no more hot breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. We were really sad to see this change to the menu at Sunshine Seasons. I don't think there is anywhere in the parks where you can still get a hot quick service breakfast. As a TA I do a lot of research for my clients and have seen a lot of changes in the menus on Disney's website, not only in price but in what is offered. However as a previous poster noted, some things haven't changed so pay attention to what are on people's trays as they walk away from the counter to help you know how best to order. Oh and by the way, if you order the nachos at Pecos Bill's, they don't put any cheese on! You can get shredded cheese on the condiments bar,(of course no cheese sauce anymore) but the nachos aren't hot enough to melt it. (Actually, the nachos are still pretty good.:D)

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I was there in February and some other family members just got back. We both saw changes from increased prices - $17.00 for a hamburger fries and Coke at Liberty Inn - to smaller portions - 2 pieces of fish instead of 3 at Yorkshire County Fish Shop - to certain things no longer being offered - no more hot breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. We were really sad to see this change to the menu at Sunshine Seasons. I don't think there is anywhere in the parks where you can still get a hot quick service breakfast. As a TA I do a lot of research for my clients and have seen a lot of changes in the menus on Disney's website, not only in price but in what is offered. However as a previous poster noted, some things haven't changed so pay attention to what are on people's trays as they walk away from the counter to help you know how best to order. Oh and by the way, if you order the nachos at Pecos Bill's, they don't put any cheese on! You can get shredded cheese on the condiments bar,(of course no cheese sauce anymore) but the nachos aren't hot enough to melt it. (Actually, the nachos are still pretty good.:D)
Umm, $17 for burger, fries, and coke at Liberty Inn has pretty much been close to that for a few years already. Don't know when the last time you went to Yorkshire County Fish Shop, but we have never gotten 3 pieces of fish there in the last 10 years. It's always been only 2.

Karenb64

Umm, $17 for burger, fries, and coke at Liberty Inn has pretty much been close to that for a few years already. Don't know when the last time you went to Yorkshire County Fish Shop, but we have never gotten 3 pieces of fish there in the last 10 years. It's always been only 2.
I was so sure we had gotten three in past years, but I googled pictures of this meal and sure enough, only two.:oops: Maybe it was because the pieces were so small that got us all talking about how skimpy this meal seemed compared to previous visits. And honestly, with Liberty Inn, it isn't a place I normally eat so since I've never paid $17.00 for a quick service meal before, I was assuming this was a raise in price. However, from March of 2015 to February of this year, I felt I was seeing a noticeable increase in many of our favorites.

Karenb64

Sunshine Seasons isn't serving breakfast because Soarin is closed for its multi-month refurb. There simply isn't enough traffic into the Land to warrant serving breakfast.

When Soarin re-opens, presumably breakfast will return.

-Rob
I wasn't even thinking about that. Of course this makes sense. Thanks for giving me hope that we will be able to enjoy our favorite Epcot touring plan again!

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I was so sure we had gotten three in past years, but I googled pictures of this meal and sure enough, only two.:oops: Maybe it was because the pieces were so small that got us all talking about how skimpy this meal seemed compared to previous visits. And honestly, with Liberty Inn, it isn't a place I normally eat so since I've never paid $17.00 for a quick service meal before, I was assuming this was a raise in price. However, from March of 2015 to February of this year, I felt I was seeing a noticeable increase in many of our favorites.
The best thing for most QS places is to split the meal. Cut the burger in half, and add a second side if needed. My wife and I do this all the time. Plus we just ask for water at the QS places as well. So at CHH, we get one entree, 2 sides, a glass of water, and spend only $15 for the 2 of us. You can do that at many of the QS places.

raven

One of the instances where I noticed portion sizes were smaller was at Columbia Harbor House but it was a year ago. The Fish Platter had 3 pieces on them but the actual size of the fish was much smaller than they year before. I believe they may also be using smaller plates now to make the portions look larger than they actually are.

anchorman314

I'm truly not calling anyone out, so please don't take it that way, but how much of this is psychological? If you go to WDW thinking that there are cuts everywhere and the quality has been diminished, odds are, you'll leave thinking that was the actual experience. It's things that we've never paid close attention to before (portion size of fries, for example). So when we now pay attention to them, we're anticipating a reduced experience and our minds end up believing that is what happened, whether or not it actually did.. It's almost like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I'm truly not calling anyone out, so please don't take it that way, but how much of this is psychological? If you go to WDW thinking that there are cuts everywhere and the quality has been diminished, odds are, you'll leave thinking that was the actual experience. It's things that we've never paid close attention to before (portion size of fries, for example). So when we now pay attention to them, we're anticipating a reduced experience and our minds end up believing that is what happened, whether or not it actually did.. It's almost like a self-fulfilling prophecy.
I agree. And how much is it people that "think" they remember a larger portion, when, in truth, it hasn't really changed. Memory is a strange beast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom