What are the cuts at Disney World quick service. Less choice or less food? Or both?

CaptainAmerica

I'm truly not calling anyone out, so please don't take it that way, but how much of this is psychological? If you go to WDW thinking that there are cuts everywhere and the quality has been diminished, odds are, you'll leave thinking that was the actual experience. It's things that we've never paid close attention to before (portion size of fries, for example). So when we now pay attention to them, we're anticipating a reduced experience and our minds end up believing that is what happened, whether or not it actually did.. It's almost like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I agree. And how much is it people that "think" they remember a larger portion, when, in truth, it hasn't really changed. Memory is a strange beast.
Yup! Flame Tree Barbecue used to serve their chicken entree with beans and coleslaw. Now it comes with beans and jalapeno cornbread. If I were of a certain "spirited" persuasion, I'd see a boogeyman in the change and accuse Disney of making "cuts." I might even post some kind of statistic about how corn is cheaper per pound than cabbage or some such thing. But maybe, just maybe, they made the change because people seem to like the corn bread better.

Also, even if they made changes behind the scenes to some lower-cost ingredients, but the only way anyone can actually tell that to be the case is because they heard it on some message board, so what? Saving money is not in itself a bad thing.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Yup! Flame Tree Barbecue used to serve their chicken entree with beans and coleslaw. Now it comes with beans and jalapeno cornbread. If I were of a certain "spirited" persuasion, I'd see a boogeyman in the change and accuse Disney of making "cuts." I might even post some kind of statistic about how corn is cheaper per pound than cabbage or some such thing. But maybe, just maybe, they made the change because people seem to like the corn bread better.

Also, even if they made changes behind the scenes to some lower-cost ingredients, but the only way anyone can actually tell that to be the case is because they heard it on some message board, so what? Saving money is not in itself a bad thing.
Or maybe they negotiated a lower cost on some items from their supplier. Nah, that can't be true as Disney has no idea what they're doing.

PinnySmart

I was so sure we had gotten three in past years, but I googled pictures of this meal and sure enough, only two.:oops: Maybe it was because the pieces were so small that got us all talking about how skimpy this meal seemed compared to previous visits. And honestly, with Liberty Inn, it isn't a place I normally eat so since I've never paid $17.00 for a quick service meal before, I was assuming this was a raise in price. However, from March of 2015 to February of this year, I felt I was seeing a noticeable increase in many of our favorites.
So why not Google first and then post rather than give out false info?

PinnySmart

I'm truly not calling anyone out, so please don't take it that way, but how much of this is psychological? If you go to WDW thinking that there are cuts everywhere and the quality has been diminished, odds are, you'll leave thinking that was the actual experience. It's things that we've never paid close attention to before (portion size of fries, for example). So when we now pay attention to them, we're anticipating a reduced experience and our minds end up believing that is what happened, whether or not it actually did.. It's almost like a self-fulfilling prophecy.
This!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I agree. And how much is it people that "think" they remember a larger portion, when, in truth, it hasn't really changed. Memory is a strange beast.

Not even I carry a scale when dining out., Smaller portions also give the appearance of being healthier due to lower calorie counts due to the smaller amount of food.

MinnieWaffles

I still have trouble finishing a QS meal! Tomorrowland Terrace served us a giant pile of chicken nuggets and fries last year.

I actually think there's more choice in entrees and sides..a lot of more unique offerings now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom