What are the cabins at the Fort Wilderness like staying at?

tare

I had a friend that stayed in the cabins and loved it!!! But they also did alot of their own cooking. Which I am opposed to. I'm on vaca someone needs to cook for me. :)

Boardwalker

Stayed a total of 4 times with the fam. Last stay was 2008. Honestly they need renovating, very dated. But it is a unique experience. Now, I don't care for the ferry ride to the magic kingdom or the bus rides (we stay on the boardwalk, we like walking!), but you have access to the fireworks and lagoon parade at night. I like them ok, they probably have at least replaced the big CRT with a flat screen by now

How interesting that those who feel it doesn't have a "disney feel" have never stayed there.....hmmm

As someone that has stayed at the Cabins, I'd say those people are right. It is not the typical Disney resort experience, IMO. I have stayed at plenty of different places on property. Each is a little different. The Cabins are a LOT different. It is, after all, a campsite, not a resort. It's a Disney campsite, but it is still a campsite.

I echo all the suggestions to get a golf cart if you do stay there. I would have hated the place without one. With one, and a parking spot for my rental car right outside the door, I loved my stay there. Not enough to make it my exclusive onsite home but I'm definitely happy I stayed there and would do so again.

JCH

We are a family of 6 with kids aged 16, 13, 11, and 8. We love the WL but I did not want to pay for 2 rooms this year so we tried the cabins. We had a great time but we did miss the space, storage, and 2 bathrooms that we would of had at WL. The room felt damp most of the time and just like camping we were always tracking in dirt so the room never felt clean. We did rent a cart and bus and boat service were excellent.

onesandzeros

Fort Wilderness is one of my favorites along with Old Key West. I love the cabins. I like not having anyone above you like you have in a hotel where you hear them above you. If you stay here, I highly recommend renting a golf cart. It's a lot easier and quicker to get to bus stops and to the trading posts. I like taking the boat to the Magic Kingdom. It's just something about the boat ride that I love.
I'm staying there in October, do you recall the cost for the golf carts?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom