What are some rules which some people claim are true, however they never really exist?

rct247

Theme Parks close at posted time for that given day. Rides and attractions cease operation at the posted closing time. Most people leave, but exiting shops remain open basically until the park clears which can be in many cases well over an hour.

Only exception to this is obviously "hard closes" for events like Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party & Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. On those nights, everything "closes" promptly at 7pm to all day guests unless you have a wristband, including the gift shops and restaurants.

Others that are false:
-The resort monorail is only for resort guests.
-You can't plug your phone/ECV into a certain outlet because the Walt Disney Company would then be liable if there was a power surge damages it.
-You can be late for your Fastpass if you say you were in line for another attraction.

Others that are true (although not always or easily enforced):
-No chairs including portable fold up ones along the parade route during parade times. Exceptions for chairs/seats with wheels i.e. strollers, wheelchairs, and ECVs.
-E-cigarettes or any kind that produce fake smoke or vapor when on or exhaled must be smoked in designated smoking areas too.
-No cheer stunts, human pyramids, and the like are permitted in the park. Groups doing stunts or set ups even for group photos can be kicked out or banned completely.
-Guests cannot sign autographs posing as any character or figure in the park including "Santa Claus".
-Guests Relations cannot look at your doctor's note to receive a DAS card.
-You can't leave a bag unattended, but you can if it is in a stroller or wheelchair.
-Guests cannot roll on rolly shoes/wheelie shoes/skate shoes.
-When a phone is lost, cast members are supposed to turn it off and cannot answer the phone if it rings.

Tobe

WDW transportation is for WDW resort guests only. Anyone can ride on WDW transportation at any time.

Theme Parks close at posted time for that given day. Rides and attractions cease operation at the posted closing time. Most people leave, but exiting shops remain open basically until the park clears which can be in many cases well over an hour.

Water is only available at drinking water fountains around the parks. You can ask at any counter service that serves soda fountain beverages and they will give you a cup of filtered ice water for FREE. The best part is it usually does not taste like the typical FL swamp water from the drinking fountains.

Thanks for the info! This is good to know since I have pretty much stopped drinking soda since our last trip. Just curious, is it a tiny little cup of water or is it a regular soda size cup? I am not looking forward to paying the same amount as a soda for a bottle of water that contains 3/4 of the amount of a soda. If I can get a cup of it for free when I have a meal that would awesome. And I don't care for the lukewarm Florida water from the water fountains. I am sure if I lived there for awhile, I would get used to it but only being there a couple of weeks each year has not allowed me to develop a taste for it.

WDW here we come!  

PhilharMagician

Thanks for the info! This is good to know since I have pretty much stopped drinking soda since our last trip. Just curious, is it a tiny little cup of water or is it a regular soda size cup? I am not looking forward to paying the same amount as a soda for a bottle of water that contains 3/4 of the amount of a soda. If I can get a cup of it for free when I have a meal that would awesome. And I don't care for the lukewarm Florida water from the water fountains. I am sure if I lived there for awhile, I would get used to it but only being there a couple of weeks each year has not allowed me to develop a taste for it.

WDW here we come!  

They give you a regular soda cup.

loveofamouse

I can tell you lots of rules that are true, but are hard to enforce and so they don't seem true.

- Shirt & Shoes are required at all times in the park for all ages. Infants do not need shoes unless they are walking.
- No wagons or luggage that are pulled from behind. Pull luggage should be carried. This goes for pull coolers too.
- Only one person should ever be on an electric scooter while it is in motion; meaning no lap children. Children under 16 should not be driving unless needed for medical purposes.
- You cannot hold places in line for people. Period. Your group should be together when you enter an attraction.

...just a few...lots more.

Shirt has been enforced for me. I took my kids a back, secluded corner in AK when they were about 2 to eat ice cream. I turned their strollers towards the wall and took off their shirts. A CM said something to us. Another trip, we were getting on SpM. My oldest was about 6 and wearing a full length tankini under her clothes. She wanted to take off her t shirt for the ride. They wouldn't allow it. Now, that one I thought was trivial as her swim top was the same as a speghetti top, just made of lycra. If she got on wearing a speghetti top, no one would have said anything. That said, I have walked around barefoot after getting hurt. No one said anything.

I saw people pulling wagons and rolling backpacks yesterday. I don't see how that's easier. I would be annoyed pulling a wagon or backpack. The kids in the wagons never look happy. Not sure why people think this would be better than their folding, reclining, comfortable stroller. I'm sure those backpacks get tripped over all day, too

Yesterday, we were walking behind an older guy on a scooter holding an approx. 5yr old child when she hit the reverse button causing him to slam into his elderly wife who backed up and slammed into me. I was like seriously?!

The line cutting gets me. Like I said, it's one thing when it's a mom that had to run a child to the toilet. I can't stand the people who think they can just walk around everyone else. What makes you think you're more important than everyone else? I saw A LOT of line cutting. We went for one day yesterday. Line cutting was everywhere! Even in guest services, this woman thought I was just standing there for my health, I guess. When he finished with the guest in front of me, she thought she would just go in front of me. I stepped in front of her and started talking to the CM.

FettFan

Another...

You have to be staying at a resort to visit it or park there.

False. You can visit to see the resort and dine. If it is busy, they may be more strict, but as long as you are going with the intent to eat or visit a specific sight inside, you should be ok.

Pool hopping and closer/free parking are not reasons and there are rules against those.

MONORAIL BAR CRAWL!

BuddyThomas

Someone on here or that other site claimed that they limit you to two glasses of wine at Be Our Guest and that's all you can have. I have since learned that this is a total lie.

Sassagoula-Rvr

I cannot stand the line cutting...literally I think it was TSMM last fall...and four people went by...and then by about the 6th person we decided we were not going to just move for them...and they acted like we were the rude people...I was incredulous.

I would never dream of doing that to people...everyone else is waiting...you should have waited with your group.

Figaro928

I think it's really funny how many people still think if you scream "Andy's coming" Woody and Jessie will drop.

I know its not so much a rule as a myth...but still

joanna71985

I can tell you lots of rules that are true, but are hard to enforce and so they don't seem true.
- Only one person should ever be on an electric scooter while it is in motion; meaning no lap children. Children under 16 should not be driving unless needed for medical purposes.

Unfortunately this only goes for the park ECVs (CMs can't say anything about ECVs brought in from outside)

Dwarful

I wish they would enforce the rolling cooler rule. Two years ago some yahoo group of about 15 people were pulling big rolling igloo coolers. The lead guy was running for a ride so the group followed. Lead guy discovered he was running the wrong way makes a hard stop after cutting all of us off....I had the misfortune of being the one to get nailed with the rolling igloo cooler...resulting in two broken toes on our last morning in the parks. Made for a fun flight home.

HeatherWatson

Flash photography on dark rides is a posted rule on most attractions. Yet it happens religiously with little to no repercussion. It's not exactly an enforced rule unless you consider receiving a dirty look from a CM or fellow patron to be punishment.

I wish no flash photography in dark rides could be enforced (as it appears guests are incapable of respecting such a rule on their own volition) because this is a factor that has the potential for triggering migraines in some people, including my eight year-old daughter who is completely incapicitated when she suffers one.

Let it be said that I fault no one for this other than those guests who lack the respect to comply with the rule as stated.

UncleMike101

I wish no flash photography in dark rides could be enforced (as it appears guests are incapable of respecting such a rule on their own volition) because this is a factor that has the potential for triggering migraines in some people, including my eight year-old daughter who is completely incapicitated when she suffers one.

Let it be said that I fault no one for this other than those guests who lack the respect to comply with the rule as stated.
It's been my experience that when it comes to the "No Flash Photography" rule there are three types of people who tend to ignore it.
1. Foreign born Nationals who don't have a sufficient understanding of the English, or Spanish, Languages.
2. American born people who feel that they are so important that the rules don't apply to them.
3. Foreign born Nationals who have a perfect understanding of the English or Spanish Languages but feel that they are so important that the rules don't apply to them.

When I grow up I want to be important too......:)

HeatherWatson

It's been my experience that when it comes to the "No Flash Photography" rule there are three types of people who tend to ignore it.
1. Foreign born Nationals who don't have a sufficient understanding of the English, or Spanish, Languages.
2. American born people who feel that they are so important that the rules don't apply to them.
3. Foreign born Nationals who have a perfect understanding of the English or Spanish Languages but feel that they are so important that the rules don't apply to them.

When I grow up I want to be important too......:)

I can forgive #1, but 2 and 3 not so much. Alas, I guess consideration must be beneath them.

And I too hope I can be important, but maybe not so grown up ;)

KingoftheMooner

Flash photography on dark rides is a posted rule on most attractions. Yet it happens religiously with little to no repercussion. It's not exactly an enforced rule unless you consider receiving a dirty look from a CM or fellow patron to be punishment.
Especially when an elevator on Tower of Terror mostly filled with teens that turn around right before the drop to yell at the guy taking a flash picture.

UncleMike101

I can forgive #1, but 2 and 3 not so much. Alas, I guess consideration must be beneath them.

And I too hope I can be important, but maybe not so grown up ;)
Yup....
It's the "I'm Important because I'm entitled to be" people that tick me off.
Poor manners and a feeling of entitlement have become an epidemic in this Country.

disney4life2008

If you stand up or attempt to get out of your car on spaceship earth, you will get "asked to leave" as the sign posted says, lol. actually that may be true but never heard of anyone getting asked to leave

HeatherWatson

Yup....
It's the "I'm Important because I'm entitled to be" people that tick me off.
Poor manners and a feeling of entitlement have become an epidemic in this Country.

It's...annoying, putting it nicely. I'm trying to teach my children they can't behave however they wish, and so far, so good--on the whole, they are both considerate and polite. They know they better be, or else momma will "set their butts on fire with her hand" ;)

FettFan

Flash Photography:
2011-%20orlando%20vacation%201909_0.jpg

IT'S NO DAMN GOOD.

Seriously:
Fotomat_12_82_N03B.jpg

DON'T DO IT.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom