What are some of the best uses for dining plan snack credits?

mickeyfan1

Original Poster
Hi everybody! Mya family and I will be in the world in 28 days! What are some of the best uses for dining plan snack credits? Also what can you use yur credits for at the Starbucks locations? Thanks for all the info and wisdom in advance!

Jon81uk

Apparently at Starbucks they are good for any beverage (but check for the purple logo), any size (so always go venti!) and I think most cakes.
Other good snacks are things like the plaza ice cream sundae in a waffle bowl. Or a funnel cake. Slushy drinks are a pretty good use too. Why have a $2.50 soda when you can have a $4 slushy!

Jae99

The Plaza Ice Cream Parlour has some great snacks. You can get the "Plaza" Sundae for a snack credit, at $5.29 it is a great use of a credit.

epcotisbest

The best use for a snack credit is to get what you want. Getting something just because it costs more makes no sense to me. If you want a soda, makes no difference what a slushy costs. I have never understood this mentality. If you want a piece of fruit but you choose a pastry instead because it cost more what have you maximized other than trying to justify getting the dining plan? Same goes with dining. We ate with some friends on the dining plan and they would only order the most expensive items they could get...did not really matter what they really wanted, they started looking at the menus on the price side then chose what to order based on price. I found it both sad and funny at the same time.

TomHendricks

While this is very limited, one of the best uses for the snack credit is during the Wine and Food Festival. You can use the snack to get the food at the different country locations. When we go to W&FF, we always substitute a meal by eating around the world and use snack credits to do it.

DisneyPrincess5

Hi everybody! Mya family and I will be in the world in 28 days! What are some of the best uses for dining plan snack credits? Also what can you use yur credits for at the Starbucks locations? Thanks for all the info and wisdom in advance!
Yay for your upcoming trip! When we use the DDP, we also love to research the snacks that are the best bang for a credit. Last time we were there, I loved getting a baked potato from Liberty Square Market for a snack point. Food and Wine offerings are usually pretty good value.

ekutchey

Slushy - Frozen Lemonades are the best, love the raspberry lemonade! The cinnamon roll in Fantasyland at MK, the cookies (especially the carrot cake cookie) at HS, Magic Bar at WL and any treats from Goofy Candy Co in Disney Springs.

Jon81uk

The best use for a snack credit is to get what you want. Getting something just because it costs more makes no sense to me. If you want a soda, makes no difference what a slushy costs. I have never understood this mentality. If you want a piece of fruit but you choose a pastry instead because it cost more what have you maximized other than trying to justify getting the dining plan? Same goes with dining. We ate with some friends on the dining plan and they would only order the most expensive items they could get...did not really matter what they really wanted, they started looking at the menus on the price side then chose what to order based on price. I found it both sad and funny at the same time.
Depends if you are paying for dining plan or on a free offer. If paying for dining plan then you need $11+ entrees and $5+ snacks to ensure you are at least breaking even.
But generally in Florida I am thirsty and want several drinks in a day. So I might pay cash for the $2.50 soda and use a credit for a slushy. Then after a few days if I think we won't get through all the credits I might switch to using credits for soda too.

disnerd

That's such a hard question because there really are so many great snacks in the World. Personally I love getting Ice Cream from the France Pavilion

yedliW

While this is very limited, one of the best uses for the snack credit is during the Wine and Food Festival. You can use the snack to get the food at the different country locations. When we go to W&FF, we always substitute a meal by eating around the world and use snack credits to do it.

My major advice for using snack credits: Food & Wine Festival!

Lots and lots of things are buyable with the snack credits. Scope out the menus ahead of time and decide if there is anything that looks good to you.

Another thing to keep in mind.. you can now use a QS meal credit for 3 snacks at the same time.. it makes substituting a meal at F&W that much better.

I am a fan of the cinnamon rolls at Gaston's, great use of a snack credit in my book.. also the roasted corn on the cob at the Liberty market.

We fly down 4 weeks from today (magic bands came in the mail today! :) )

Last edited:

Tinkerkelle

The funnel cake with ice cream and strawberry topping at Hollywood Studios ($8+) or cupcakes from Starring Rolls at HS, the macaron ice cream sandwich in the France pavilion at Epcot or any of the pastries in said pavilion, build your own treat at goofy candy co in Disney Springs, the caramel corn in Germany pavilion at Epcot and schoolbread from Norway. Also cronuts in refreshment port at epcot-love snacking round the world!! Cupcakes at Contempo Cafe delish-peanutbutter pie is gorgeous! Just left yesterday and had all of the above plus!!

JIMINYCR

Hey, youre at Disney... Theres soooo many great choices and unique items to choose from that youll never find anywhere else. I'd check out the food blogs and the snack reviews and just pick a variety of the most tasty looking/sounding items to try. And when my snack credits are gone.... I'll take out my wallet and keep trying more. :joyfull: You only live once, so enjoy it fully. ;)

DisneyJunkie

I prefer to use it on something more than an ice cream bar or a cookie somewhere. I usually use it for an ice cream float (coke or root beer) which I can get in every park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom