What are Florida's Covid restrictions in relation to attractions?

crawale

Okay, so the idea is in 2021 we'd like to hit Florida. If there are any Canadians on here you probably would agree the stipulations and the government restrictions for Covid up here are nothing short of draconian with no end in sight. Florida is often talked about as one of the states that has very light restrictions. I have heard that people are back to normal in bars and such (no masks) and restaurants and that life has gotten back to normal. This is right up my alley, and why I'd like to get down there again.

But if I could have some information from my peeps here because I don't live down there and I hear different things but want to confirm them. It likely isn't until the fall that we can get down there, so probably September. But if anyone can answer these questions for me it would be great because much of them are deal breakers:

- Are restaurants back to normal in Florida?
- Are there any parks that don't have mask restrictions? (Sea World, Universal, Gatorland, etc.)
- What are the restrictions for things indoors such at Titanic Experience?
- Or the outdoor things like the ION and Old Town?
- Does the average resort have restrictions?
- Are there some counties better than others?
- Are there any restrictions with the beaches?

I am aware Disney for now still has the masks, not sure why they are needed outside, but whatever. But does Disney Springs still require them? And are there exemptions?

The resort we stay in seems to be pretty much back to normal (Bonnet Creek). I've read a few reviews and one person back in the summer complain that people were just walking around normal, haha. Anyway, that was a good complaint for me because nothing beats the lazy rivers at that place and the relaxation.

Anyway so if I can get some help with that sort of thing that would be awesome my friends.
I live in Pensacola - best beaches in the world between here and Destin. Restaurants open with few restrictions. Masks in stores but not out and about. Our only issue is the bridge that takes you to the beaches from Pensacola was damaged in hurricane Sally and will not open until the Spring so you have to work around that which is not a biggie. Masks are miserable outside in the heat. We went to Disney last September and ended up with wet masks after a few hours. Not sure why they mandate masks OUTSIDE. Not a problem inside. Maybe you should try the beaches though - lots of activities - dolphin cruises etc. Great water playground - Crab Island in Destin. Weather is fantastic in September.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I live in Pensacola - best beaches in the world between here and Destin. Restaurants open with few restrictions. Masks in stores but not out and about. Our only issue is the bridge that takes you to the beaches from Pensacola was damaged in hurricane Sally and will not open until the Spring so you have to work around that which is not a biggie. Masks are miserable outside in the heat. We went to Disney last September and ended up with wet masks after a few hours. Not sure why they mandate masks OUTSIDE. Not a problem inside. Maybe you should try the beaches though - lots of activities - dolphin cruises etc. Great water playground - Crab Island in Destin. Weather is fantastic in September.

Disney probably mandates them outside just to keep the rules simple. Since you are constantly moving between outdoor , semi-indoor, and full indoors, it's easier to maintain compliance by just making it a blanket requirement.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
The last 2 days we spent at AK and DHS were over 85F and fairly humid. We managed ok but it was much more uncomfortable than the cooler days we have spent in other parks. I can't imagine it in the summer months.

Last edited by a moderator:

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
No, I mean like Dollywood, Silver Dollar City, Holiday land, etc. I did say outside of Florida and California.

That would be nice. I always keep tabs on those places too. Any park that is back to normal would be a great experience right now. The biggest problem is that people should be careful what they wished for. How much do you think Disney or any other park will invest in their future knowing that they can be shut down for a whole year - in the case of Disneyland - with the public's applause? People can't have both. They can't demand that a place make them 100% safe (no such thing) and then cry when the same CEO is nervous about dumping money into making a new project.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom