What are Florida's Covid restrictions in relation to attractions?

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Since this mask mandate started in June I don’t expect it anytime soon.

Thank you for the rare serious response. That is among the things I'd like to know. Apparently from what I am seeing it is now considered a bad thing to ask Florida residents things about...........................Florida, all of the sudden. We live in Ontario, we don't know how things are in Florida, that's why I ask. I find it strange that of all the hundreds of times people ask about conditions, or weather patterns or things about the parks that it is taboo to ask about the restrictions all of the sudden.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just getting some facts about Florida, relax. I don't know why you are on a WDW board, this is what we do here if there is hope to plan a trip in the future. Or do you expect people to spend thousands and plan a vacation and not know anything about the state's restrictions? Geesh.
Did you try and search?

I would think your first concern, like mine, is the issue of borders.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Did you try and search?

I would think your first concern, like mine, is the issue of borders.

Thanks, yes, that helps. Not sure if we would be air travelers coming into Florida or not. Might just be driving again next time.

lazyboy97o

Just getting some facts about Florida, relax. I don't know why you are on a WDW board, this is what we do here if there is hope to plan a trip in the future. Or do you expect people to spend thousands and plan a vacation and not know anything about the state's restrictions? Geesh.
Oh bull. You know them because you have already been asked before and been told. You are just looking for people to reaffirm your nonsense belief that COVID is not a problem and that masks are dangerous.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Oh bull. You know them because you have already been asked before and been told. You are just looking for people to reaffirm your nonsense belief that COVID is not a problem and that masks are dangerous.

Hence, checking up on it. You know, some of us wouldn't mind getting away to Disney World, you know? I mean, I take it that people on this board kind of like the place and all. I do. So why wouldn't I want updates on the restrictions on here if I am looking to hopefully get there in 2021? I might ask again in the near future, whether you have a hissy fit or not. Your opinion on masks is irrelevant to me, my question is only about the state and counties restrictions and how they are being enforced. How much is opened, etc.

I thought Trudeau just closed all loopholes, meaning you can’t drive across the border either?

We can't right now, no. The border has been closed since March. You can fly though. It is a weird set of rules that are nonsensical. The reason I ask is that if we plan sometime in the fall things could very well be opened up by then. No one knows up here. It's like California in Ontario. Not that I would book things right now either, just hopeful at the moment.

lazyboy97o

Hence, checking up on it. You know, some of us wouldn't mind getting away to Disney World, you know? I mean, I take it that people on this board kind of like the place and all. I do. So why wouldn't I want updates on the restrictions on here if I am looking to hopefully get there in 2021? I might ask again in the near future, whether you have a hissy fit or not. Your opinion on masks is irrelevant to me, my question is only about the state and counties restrictions and how they are being enforced. How much is opened, etc.
It doesn’t matter how many times you ask, the answer remains the same no matter how much you wish it just weren’t true.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
It doesn’t matter how many times you ask, the answer remains the same no matter how much you wish it just weren’t true.

It can't be forever, hence this is why people who live two days drive away from Florida like to ask.......................Florida residents. We hear things different up north, that's why we ask. This is not a new concept for these boards, you should know that. Look at my signature and the amount of times I've been to Disney. Do I not look like someone keen on a nice trip?

lazyboy97o

It can't be forever, hence this is why people who live two days drive away from Florida like to ask.......................Florida residents. We hear things different up north, that's why we ask. This is not a new concept for these boards, you should know that. Look at my signature and the amount of times I've been to Disney. Do I not look like someone keen on a nice trip?
That you want to go to Walt Disney World isn’t the issue. It’s you playing dumb fishing for people to validate your nonsense views on the pandemic. The restrictions will end when the pandemic ends. That’s the answer. Deal with it.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I think the frustration you are sensing comes as a result of the countless people asking the same unanswerable questions and pushing back on people who do not (because they can not) provide a concrete answer. Any answer you get right now is somewhere between and educated guess and completely made up. When someone answers a question and then gets mountains of pushback that they are wrong, they are less inclined to want to step into the breach again. Many here (not you specifically) don’t want to hear facts as they are, they want to know on what date everything will be normal and that answer does not exist, no matter how much anyone demands it.

Right now, there are no indications the central Florida governments are interested in changing the restrictions any time soon. While the area is more open than many others around the country, it’s also much more restrictive than many others, and the mask mandate remains and is not going away. When you combine that with the upcoming transportation related mask mandate added by the CDC, it’s clear things are tightening a little instead of loosening up.

Disney has made it clear they do not anticipate any of this changing any time soon. You can tell that from the fact that they are still, as recently as last week, adding additional protective barriers into transportation systems and queue lines. If they thought this was going to wrap up soon that would not likely be happening. The reality is that Disney is currently planning that the current conditions could last until the end of calendar 2021. They are also realistic that if conditions improve dramatically between now and then, and the local counties agree the conditions warrant, they can pull back on them.

But the key here is that it doesn’t matter what any of us thinks about this in any way. Local government and Disney will do what they feel is appropriate for public safety and anyone who chooses to visit needs to accept those boundaries as a condition of visiting. If any of them creates conflict for you, it’s likely a time to spend you vacation somewhere else. This is one that Disney has chosen a very, very conservative approach to and they are not going to change that for guest demand.

lazyboy97o

Many here (not you specifically) don’t want to hear facts as they are, they want to know on what date everything will be normal and that answer does not exist, no matter how much anyone demands it.
It is specifically him. He thinks the whole thing is overblown and that masks are dangerous. He keeps creating new threads trying to find people who will agree that masks have to go yesterday and there is no pandemic.

Archie123

Thank you for the rare serious response. That is among the things I'd like to know. Apparently from what I am seeing it is now considered a bad thing to ask Florida residents things about...........................Florida, all of the sudden. We live in Ontario, we don't know how things are in Florida, that's why I ask. I find it strange that of all the hundreds of times people ask about conditions, or weather patterns or things about the parks that it is taboo to ask about the restrictions all of the sudden.

You are asking a question literally no one on this site knows the answer to or for that matter no one who lives in Florida either. Also based on your many previous posts it is obvious that you have a more skeptical opinion on this pandemic and what we all need to do to stop it.

Chi84

Premium Member
WDWMagic isn’t a WDW planning website.

It does have a trip planning sub-forum, but this is in the General Discussion sub-forum.
I don't think it's wrong to call it a planning website. Most of the sub-forums and threads here, whether they're about restrictions, restaurants, MDE, DVC, kids, tips, transportation, weather, resorts, etc. give people information to help with planning visits to WDW. The general discussion and politics forums are the exceptions, not the rule. I've often wondered about people who post that they haven't visited WDW in several years and have no interest in going back - what brings them to this site?

nickys

Premium Member
I don't think it's wrong to call it a planning website. Most of the sub-forums and threads here, whether they're about restrictions, restaurants, MDE, DVC, kids, tips, transportation, weather, resorts, etc. give people information to help with planning visits to WDW. The general discussion and politics forums are the exceptions, not the rule. I've often wondered about people who post that they haven't visited WDW in several years and have no interest in going back - what brings them to this site?
I think this is primarily a Disney news site. Not only are news stories only published when they can be verified but there are also a number of posters who have proven to have trustworthy sources for breaking stories.

Of course planning trips is behind many of the threads but I don’t see it as a planning site primarily, like for example Touring Plans.

As for what brings people here, or rather keeps people here, when they no longer visit.. well perhaps a love of Disney parks? Not everyone has the means or opportunity to go often. And even those who have decided that visiting the parks are no longer for them can still have an enduring love of Disney.

There is also the community aspect of the site. People may take a break and return to the forum. Or simply hang out because they have built up friendships over many years of posting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom