What actually is the year of a million dreams?

Alexx

Original Poster
I've heard a bit about it on the DVD's and stuff, but i'm going this year
and I want to know what it is EXACTLY, so i'm ready for it.

So if anybody could give me any details that would be great.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member

It's a celebration dedicated to the magic of free crap

mkt

Premium Member
Isn't there like a dream squad as well who give out random free crap to random people?
Yes. Those people give out so much free crap I suppose one could say that they're full of crap.

Kristi Kay

They do have a dream squad. They randomly choose people to give free fast passes. YOAMD lanyards or mickey ears. They also randomly choose people to give out free nights in the castle, among many other things. :sohappy:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Yes. Those people give out so much free crap I suppose one could say that they're full of crap.

I felt pretty crappy earlier when someone deep in the crap mentioned that this crapfest will continue through 2008 to 2009 with all the crap it entails.

Nick Ray

Yes, there is a lot of crap they are giving out and also some really cool things as well.. (CM's are not eligible)

The Crap...
Dream Fastpass...
Towels..
Mickey Ears
Lanyards

and other random stuff...

The good "Crap"
A night stay in Cinderella Castle, they pick this through cash registers on property including Downtown Disney
A trip around the world to all Disney Parks..
A Disney Cruise..
A DVC membership
A park of your choice for 3 hours, (I don't know if this was a 1 time thing or not)
and Many More

nibblesandbits

And this question right here is proof...to the unknown (read non-disney fan) person, you can't tell what the hell YOMD really is. Something's wrong with that.

GenerationX

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Crapola or not, I want some. The tagline for Year of a Million Dollars is "The Most Craptacular Celebration Ever".

Wilt Dasney

And this question right here is proof...to the unknown (read non-disney fan) person, you can't tell what the hell YOMD really is. Something's wrong with that.

Do you think it would be more clear to the uninitiated if they changed their marketing tagline for the event to "Year of Giving Away Free Crap"?

Hook's Girl

They do have a dream squad. They randomly choose people to give free fast passes. YOAMD lanyards or mickey ears. They also randomly choose people to give out free nights in the castle, among many other things. :sohappy:

Quick note: The Dream Squad does not do the selecting. It is randomly generated for them. They do not know what they are giving out, and who is going to win before they reach the "dream place."

wdwnj

WE WERE DOWN IN WDW FROM 4/22/4/29/07--WE WON 1 THING--WE WERE HOUSKEEPINGS FAMILY OF THE DAY AND ALSO GOT 2 FREE RETRO RUBICKS CUBES FOR THE KIDS AND GO TBED DOWN SERVICE AND MINTS ON PILLOWS AND A CERTIFICATE--WOULD RATHER HAVE HAD THE FREE FASTPASSES BUT FREE CRAP IS FREE CRAP AS YOU GUYS ARE SAYING:lol: :lol: :lol:

mkt

Premium Member
WE WERE DOWN IN WDW FROM 4/22/4/29/07--WE WON 1 THING--WE WERE HOUSKEEPINGS FAMILY OF THE DAY AND ALSO GOT 2 FREE RETRO RUBICKS CUBES FOR THE KIDS AND GO TBED DOWN SERVICE AND MINTS ON PILLOWS AND A CERTIFICATE--WOULD RATHER HAVE HAD THE FREE FASTPASSES BUT FREE CRAP IS FREE CRAP AS YOU GUYS ARE SAYING:lol: :lol: :lol:
shhhh... children are sleeping ;)

all caps, anywhere on the internet, means that you're shouting :)

DisneyNut2007

IMO, don't listen to any of the other cynics here. They obviously have no idea about what they're talking about and are probably even Disney-haters.

mkt

Premium Member
IMO, don't listen to any of the other cynics here. They obviously have no idea about what they're talking about and are probably even Disney-haters.

I totally hate Disney :lookaroun

And I have no idea what I am talking about :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom