What about Frontierland and Adventureland?

Tank Man

Original Poster
If I am correct Fantasyland got their expansion back in the early 2010’s and might be getting another ride. Tomorrowland might be getting a massive overhaul [almost confirmed to the point where Bob Iger has mentioned it but not confirmed it] but what about the two other lands?
Does anyone have any info on what could happen to Frontierland and Adventureland through a overhaul or refurb (not refurb of ride, maybe a new ride but mostly any news in the future of these two lands as they have been untouched for a while now)
Yes I do know about the canceled Fire Mountain but that is the point, these two lands have not gotten anything new.
Does anyone know something that could happen

N2dru

Really wish Fire Mountain would be revisited...it would give Adventureland a boost and it would be pretty cool to see a smoking volcano from across the Seven Seas Lagoon...especially from the Polynesian.

Tank Man

Original Poster
Really wish Fire Mountain would be revisited...it would give Adventureland a boost and it would be pretty cool to see a smoking volcano from across the Seven Seas Lagoon...especially from the Polynesian.
Yeah,
Without the Atlantis them would be great, could have an Easter egg to that but the ride should be an original story including Adventureland is sort of small (in paths) as Jungle Cruise takes up to much space. If you have seen a map or walked around Adventureland is small. Including the land needs a centerpiece attraction and Pirates is the bad version of DL but they need a new ride. I also recently listened to a Disney Dish podcast (Jim Hill) he mentioned how they were planning on changing Jungle Cruise for the movie (we know that) GotG Coaster will be a few minutes long (not apart of the conversation), they were planning on removing Swiss Family Tree house and putting PotC ships there as a dock and might retheme the pirates ride to a PotC movie as it turns out Disney hired the Deadpool writers to make a pirates movie,
So at least they have some plans but they need a big attraction like Fire Mountain, TL has Space Mountain, FL has the 7DMT and FL has BTMR and meanwhile AL got nothing

ObscurityPoint

The area by Splash and Thunder needs to be completely reworked. Way too much of a bottleneck. The dead ends don’t work with these crowds.
Wish there was a way to loop around rivers of america and redo that back section to match the new train bridge installed at Disneyland. Like a wilderness trail or something just to fix crowd circulation. It’s not like they’re hiding anything for Fantasmic! back there, but I feel like it would be hard to loop full circle, considering how close Haunted Mansion and Small World are to the riverbank.

Heppenheimer

Yeah,
Without the Atlantis them would be great, could have an Easter egg to that but the ride should be an original story including Adventureland is sort of small (in paths) as Jungle Cruise takes up to much space. If you have seen a map or walked around Adventureland is small. Including the land needs a centerpiece attraction and Pirates is the bad version of DL but they need a new ride. I also recently listened to a Disney Dish podcast (Jim Hill) he mentioned how they were planning on changing Jungle Cruise for the movie (we know that) GotG Coaster will be a few minutes long (not apart of the conversation), they were planning on removing Swiss Family Tree house and putting PotC ships there as a dock and might retheme the pirates ride to a PotC movie as it turns out Disney hired the Deadpool writers to make a pirates movie,
So at least they have some plans but they need a big attraction like Fire Mountain, TL has Space Mountain, FL has the 7DMT and FL has BTMR and meanwhile AL got nothing
If you look at the overhead images of the park, there seems to be really only one available wedge of land in the vicinity where they could build anything new without tearing something else down. The piece of land looks big enough for a large attraction, but it might be challenging to build an entrance queue from the publicly accessible areas of Adventureland, because it sits behind the Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean. Disneyland solved this problem by digging the entrance to Indian Jones underground, but the high water table makes this not an option in Florida.

The area behind Big Thunder Mountain looks big enough for an attraction. Maybe if Disney ever lucks itself into a popular wild west IP there might be more impetus to build something here.

Tank Man

Original Poster
Wish there was a way to loop around rivers of america and redo that back section to match the new train bridge installed at Disneyland. Like a wilderness trail or something just to fix crowd circulation. It’s not like they’re hiding anything for Fantasmic! back there, but I feel like it would be hard to loop full circle, considering how close Haunted Mansion and Small World are to the riverbank.
Some people say that they might gut RoA and TSI for more room as they are just about out, including AL there is tiny but at least a bit bigger

Tank Man

Original Poster
If you look at the overhead images of the park, there seems to be really only one available wedge of land in the vicinity where they could build anything new without tearing something else down. The piece of land looks big enough for a large attraction, but it might be challenging to build an entrance queue from the publicly accessible areas of Adventureland, because it sits behind the Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean. Disneyland solved this problem by digging the entrance to Indian Jones underground, but the high water table makes this not an option in Florida.

The area behind Big Thunder Mountain looks big enough for an attraction. Maybe if Disney ever lucks itself into a popular wild west IP there might be more impetus to build something here.
True,
The area where Fire Mountain was to go is now a backstage area and the only thing they can do besides using that price of land mentioned is tearing something down

Heppenheimer

Some people say that they might gut RoA and TSI for more room as they are just about out, including AL there is tiny but at least a bit bigger
Probably not something that will realistically happen anytime soon. The Rivers of America is a key part of the water flow system that circulates throughout the park. Getting rid of this would involve a massive re-engineering of the existing plumbing.

Tank Man

Original Poster
Probably not something that will realistically happen anytime soon. The Rivers of America is a key part of the water flow system that circulates throughout the park. Getting rid of this would involve a massive re-engineering of the existing plumbing.
That’s what they said but they said they are thinking on it but that is it as yes it is a big part but in about a decade Disney might have to as they have built a park that is using every free space as possible including since RoA and TSI are free real estate. Probably won’t be for another decade but I don’t want it to happen.

Clover Bailey

Here's what I think they should do:

ADVENTURELAND:
- Return the Enchanted Tiki Room to the original show length
- Remove the Magic Carpets Of Aladdin (even though I will miss it)
- Fix up POTC by removing some of the movie references and changing the Auction dialogue to be less cheesy

FRONTIERLAND:
- Minor refurb on Splash Mountain
- Give Big Thunder Mountain Railroad the effects that DLR got like the AA bats and Explosive finale
- Return Country Bear Jamboree to the original show length
- Bring back entertainment to the Diamond Horseshoe

Heppenheimer

ADVENTURELAND:
- Fix up POTC by removing some of the movie references and changing the Auction dialogue to be less cheesy

FRONTIERLAND:
- Give Big Thunder Mountain Railroad the effects that DLR got like the AA bats and Explosive finale
I forgot where I read it, but the live show at the Diamond Horseshoe survived as long as it did only because some older (probably dead by now) executives had fond memories of the Disneyland version. The show was financed from the food services budget, and because the theater had a rather low capacity and the menu wasn't exactly premium, it was a consistent money-loser. My cheap family's habit of only ordering sodas during the performance probably didn't help their bottom line.

So, unless Disney finds a way to make the show more profitable, I wouldn't expect a return. But it is a shame for that beautiful building to sit empty most of the year.

... on further thought, I thought of an easy way to make the entertainment profitable. It's modeled on an Old West saloon anyway, so start selling booze. Alcohol mark-ups alone can keep certain restaurants afloat.

Last edited:

Tank Man

Original Poster

ADVENTURELAND:

FRONTIERLAND:
I forgot where I read it, but the live show at the Diamond Horseshoe survived as long as it did only because some older (probably dead by now) executives had fond memories of the Disneyland version. The show was financed from the food services budget, and because the theater had a rather low capacity and the menu wasn't exactly premium, it was a consistent money-loser. My cheap family's habit of only ordering sodas during the performance probably didn't help their bottom line.

So, unless Disney finds a way to make the show more profitable, I wouldn't expect a return. But it is a shame for that beautiful building to sit empty most of the year.

... on further thought, I thought of an easy way to make the entertainment profitable. It's modeled on an Old West saloon anyway, so start selling booze. Alcohol mark-ups alone keep can keep certain restaurants afloat.

That is the problem,
AL and FL have been forgotten by Disney through proper new additions besides minor things and things being removed. They have been focused and Fantasyland, Soon to be Tomorrowland, DHS, Epcot and AK as they are fixing them as Frontierland and Adventureland need something new, at least we are getting a Jungle Cruise refurb for the movie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom