WHAT A HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT--- Cincerellabration

Thebrerrabbit

Original Poster
Cinderellabration where do i start. I saw cinderellabration twice in tokyo withing the last three years and what an amazing show, a 45 minute musical/theatherical/Artistic show, filled with beautful lights, costumes and fireworks. two years later, this patheic copy. Just like splashtacular in 94, they have ruined another great tdl show.

* NO Mickey, Minnie, alice, white rabbit, beast and rest of the cast in TDL
* The Dress cinderella wore in TDL(the dress that is a replca of Princess Diana') Not here
* the other costumes, that were just dynamite, not here
*Less than half of the length of TDL
* No lights, no fireworks, no Nightime.
*No Crystal carrige

tokyo disneyland and the OLC understand that they need to spend money to make money. you think that we here could learn that but i guess not

peter11435

patheic percential, hum..

As for the fireworks there are less in WDW then in Tokyo however only slightly less. I think you should watch a video from Tokyo.

jesserin

You have to remember that this wasn't created to be a showstopping main attraction like it was at TDL - Cinderellabration is TDL's version of Fantasmic just about - it's huge, show stopping and very eventful... now consider americans, we can't stand still for 5 min, let alone 45 - there's no way they could have had an exact replica and it stood the test of time - people would have gotten way to bored... Also Cinderellabration is taking the place of an afternoon show that didn't even draw as many people as a parade in WDW - so I didn't expect it to be nearly as good as TDL's.

I do agree that it is a bit disapointing to see the new show after loving TDL's so much however, I don't think it was a waste of money at all - it just had to be wittled down to fit our society. ;)

peter11435

jesserin said:
You have to remember that this wasn't created to be a showstopping main attraction like it was at TDL - Cinderellabration is TDL's version of Fantasmic just about - it's huge, show stopping and very eventful... now consider americans, we can't stand still for 5 min, let alone 45 - there's no way they could have had an exact replica and it stood the test of time - people would have gotten way to bored... Also Cinderellabration is taking the place of an afternoon show that didn't even draw as many people as a parade in WDW - so I didn't expect it to be nearly as good as TDL's.

I do agree that it is a bit disapointing to see the new show after loving TDL's so much however, I don't think it was a waste of money at all - it just had to be wittled down to fit our society. ;)
Not to mention TDL had no parade on nights this was perfomed. WDW will have this show and still perform wishes and spectromagic.

dxwwf3

jesserin said:
now consider americans, we can't stand still for 5 min, let alone 45 - there's no way they could have had an exact replica and it stood the test of time - people would have gotten way to bored...

Good point. I wish, as a nation, we would be more patient about things like that.

KumbaRider

Tell me if I'm wrong, but isn't Cinderellabration still in soft openings? So I wouldn't draw such rash conclusions so quickly. However, considering that I prefer rides over shows it won't effect me either way.

BeachClubVillas

WDWBro said:
fill me in, TDL?

TDL stands for Tokyo Disneyland.

I haven't seen Cinderellabration either in Tokyo or in WDW, but I have to second what the others said. In Tokyo, Cinderellabration is the main attraction of the day. It is their version of Fantasmic, Wishes and Spectromagic all rolled into one. I don't think the idea was ever to clone it exactly to WDW.

wbboy29

Thebrerrabbit said:
Cinderellabration where do i start. I saw cinderellabration twice in tokyo withing the last three years and what an amazing show, a 45 minute musical/theatherical/Artistic show, filled with beautful lights, costumes and fireworks. two years later, this patheic copy. Just like splashtacular in 94, they have ruined another great tdl show.

* The Dress cinderella wore in TDL(the dress that is a replca of Princess Diana') Not here
*No Crystal carrige

tokyo disneyland and the OLC understand that they need to spend money to make money. you think that we here could learn that but i guess not

First of all our Cinderellabration is not a pathetic show. It is a perfect diversion for the audience it was intended for (little girls). Secondly Tokyos "show" is not 45 minutes. Their actual show portion is only about 24 minutes and ours is about 18. So not much time was removed from the show at all.

You can not compare these two shows. And I think BoyXE summed it up best when he wrote the following in another thread........

Posted by BoyXE: Hmmm, funny the cuts they made from the Tokyo version (I have not seen the show yet on video) sound like they actually improve the story. I'm sure that the show is less grand, but that was inevitable from the start due to stage size, cast size, and the fact that it's done during the day. But cutting the stepsisters, tremaine, and the queen of hearts makes perfect sense to me. I never understood why the family that hates her would even be invited to the coronation let alone want to come, and QoH is just a villain that doesn't quite make sense either. Fab Five is perhaps an unnecessary cut, but frankly they are only in the Tokyo version because any show without Mickey in it---well that doesn't really exist, haha. (thank you BoyXE)

I also found what KevinPage wrote in the same thread was perfect as well....

Posted by KevinPage: REMEMBER the #1 Rule of Thumb for any Internet Disney Dweeb.

Anything at TDL is automtically better even if I haven't seen it. Even if TDL puts a giant popiscle stick as the centerpiece of the park, it's will be the best icon at any theme park in the world.

Only when the Disney Corporation has a chance to buy out Oriental Land Company will that popsicle stick receive any negative feedback.

Brainwashing session over.

:lol: that one just cracks me up. Anyways, these two shows are completely different shows and should be allowed to stand on their own, apart from each other and not compared. If MK had the same stage size, forcourt size, and endless budget that TDL has then fine we could compare them. But they don't, so we can't....nuff said.

Sorry for the rant I just got a little frustrated with the negative post, anyways......
:)

PamelaNiebergal

Thebrerrabbit said:

*No Crystal carrige

Wow. I'm not one to argue but I think maybe everyone needs to calm down. These negative posts are getting really repetative. I personally am getting sick of reading them. For what it is- a diversion- the show does not seem to be that bad. I would not want an exact replica of TDL's version at the expense of Spectromagic or wishes. I think those shows more than make up for anything that might be lacking in this show.

wbboy29

PamelaNiebergal said:
Wow. I'm not one to argue but I think maybe everyone needs to calm down. These negative posts are getting really repetative. I personally am getting sick of reading them. For what it is- a diversion- the show does not seem to be that bad. I would not want an exact replica of TDL's version at the expense of Spectromagic or wishes. I think those shows more than make up for anything that might be lacking in this show.

Thank you PamelaNiebergal, thank you very much :wave:

I Agree. I have never seen the origional but I think this show was horrible. first of all the costumes where realy ugly. the second thing I thought about when watching it was the realy bad story. I wish I could see the show in tokyo so I could have something to compare it to.

BoyXE

Hmmm, I think until you can actually spend a lot of time at Tokyo (both as a guest and behind the scenes) and see the vastly different guest dynamic that they cater to, it's like comparing apples to oranges when you try to compare stage shows, or anything else for that matter. Enjoy what each park offers as a single unit, because they are catering to a dynamic that suits their region. If you don't like Cindy, then head over to Fantasmic or IllumiNations or Wishes, you won't find anything remotely like it in Japan.

CTXRover

Alright, the show isn't going to become the must-see show of WDW by a long-shot, but its certainly not horrible. In fact, I'd say it is a very well done, elegant piece of showmanship that creates a nice little diversion throughout the day. Its nothing more. The costumes are stunning imo (and if you're just going by the terrifiic video posted on this forum in judging them, there is no way you can appreciate the intricacy of the gowns worn in this show). No offense to anyone, but I'm pretty tired hearing that "its not like Tokyo's" when we have numerous threads against the direct cloning of attractions and shows elsewhere. There is no physical way they could have staged the same show here and is probably why all the press releases said that our show was "inspired" by the Tokyo show. Its more of a cliffs notes recreation of it that gets to the point a little quicker. In the process, some of the fluff was lost, but its still a well done show for what it is. I'm not going to turn into a super fan of it, but I like it for what it is.

To all the CM's that are involved in this show, please do not get discouraged by threads like these, you all do a terrific job and I can assure you there are kids of all ages who truly enjoy this show on some level.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom