What A Headache !

real mad hatter

Original Poster
OK if I understand this right, they are going to be there for a month. In that time frame they have plenty of time to go to the parks while staying off property. A four bedroom villa in Kissimmee will be a blessing for that amount of time, especially for free. Driving to the parks is no big deal when you are there that long.
For me, I would take two days at a deluxe, one at WL, and later, one at BC.
During those two resort days I would not go to the parks at all, but enjoy the resort and Disney bubble from some of the best Disney has to offer. WL is spectacular, the lobby, grounds, pools, restaurants are all special and a little time there is wonderful, and they can take the boat over to all the monorail resorts and do some resort hopping and even watch Wishes from the Poly beach.
Then BC...that way they can experience a different resort area, and enjoy the best, biggest pool at all of Disney, Stormalong Bay. And they can also resort hop there and see all the Epcot area resorts and eat at Beaches and Cream.
With a month there, there will be plenty of time for the parks...I would recommend SeaWorld as well.
So doing a couple of deluxe resorts, and using those days for resort time, they could experience wonderful resorts. I would not recommend this approach if they plan on just using the resorts for sleeping. That would seem like a big waste of money and time.
With a month there, they already have the time issue covered.
Now my suggestion is based on the assumption that they will be going to the parks plenty of other times while staying off site. If the only time they will spend in the parks is while staying on property, the whole issue changes. Then I would recommend value or moderate to maximize park time with the grand kids, but again, if there for a month, there will be plenty of park time. Heck, buy annual passes and go for a few hours ever stinking day if there for a month...that is what I would do, except for the couple of days when I was resting at WL and BC.
Yes,they have a list of other things outside the bubble.

disneypearl

How many WDW park days to they plan on? I almost always stay at a value but that lets me stay longer and have more days to play in the parks. Would the level of resort they pick change the number of days in the park? Staying in Kissimmee probably not. If it doesn't change days I would suggest a moderate. It would have a pool slide for the kids and probably more relaxing for the adults. I have never had a problem with a value, and love Pop, so I think that would be a good choice too.

HouCuseChickie

Yes...Private schools..:bookworm:

:jawdrop: WOW! I don't even know of any private schools here that would permit it. Interesting stuff!

I think it's a tough ? b/c everyone's preferences are different and have been formed by our own personal experiences. As much as I prefer staying at a deluxe, 2 days doesn't seem like enough. I'd have to go with 4 days at one of the mods that offers queen sized beds. UNLESS they were looking at a higher priced room category at a mod that worked out to be close to standard room AKL or WL prices during a room discount...then you might be able to get 4 days in a deluxe. Value is totally off the table b/c we're miserable in doubles. Still- this is just us and another person would be fine with it.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
:jawdrop: WOW! I don't even know of any private schools here that would permit it. Interesting stuff!

I think it's a tough ? b/c everyone's preferences are different and have been formed by our own personal experiences. As much as I prefer staying at a deluxe, 2 days doesn't seem like enough. I'd have to go with 4 days at one of the mods that offers queen sized beds. UNLESS they were looking at a higher priced room category at a mod that worked out to be close to standard room AKL or WL prices during a room discount...then you might be able to get 4 days in a deluxe. Value is totally off the table b/c we're miserable in doubles. Still- this is just us and another person would be fine with it.
Yes..Scotland has many strange rules when it comes to schools..

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Its not just rules that are strange in Scotland o_O
So true...I went to my local paper shop this morning at 7.30 am and there was 6 or 7 young men coming out the bakers next door.It was Dosbadanya this,and Dosbadanya that..Probably of Polish origin..Not a single Scottish accent to be heard.:(..What's going on in my country?...Rant over..:mad:....

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
So true...I went to my local paper shop this morning at 7.30 am and there was 6 or 7 young men coming out the bakers next door.It was Dosbadanya this,and Dosbadanya that..Probably of Polish origin..Not a single Scottish accent to be heard.:(..What's going on in my country?...Rant over..:mad:....
No one can understand you Scots anyway ;).. Close yer borders and repel the huns :jawdrop:

littleroo

I am really torn with this question. 2 is not enough. I love my mods but I am thinking the more time in the bubble the better. You are speaking of grand children who will have these memories of their grandparents for life. Plus distance traveled, I can't believe it but I would go value.

couchpotatooo

With grandkids I say Pop Century, the kids will love it! That's where I take my grandchildren. When its just husband and I we stay POFQ its layed back more adult friendly.
Yes let the kids have the 7 days in the bubble @ POP Century they will have a blast and they will see how much fun the kids are having and they will be happy also!!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom