What A Headache !

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Makes me laugh this problem..Retired couple in my town are planning a month long stay in Florida and are taking their grand kids with them..Boy aged 8 and Girl 6.. They are getting to stay at a friends 4 bedroom villa in Kissimmee Free:eek:...Here's their dilemma...They want to stay inside the bubble..Now here's their options..2 nights at a deluxe...4 nights at a moderate..or 7 nights at a value.:inlove:...Sort a headache I would like,but I couldn't give them an answer yesterday and I told them I would ask my magic friends for their views..So what would be your option? And what resort would you pick.? ..The vacation is next year in April..I have tried to work out how much each option would be,but I'am guessing it works out round about the same for each stay..Please give me your thoughts on this as I told them I would have an answer by the weekend..Cheers..;)

real mad hatter

Original Poster
See,now I've a headache..Everyone has different views..:banghead:...My favourite one so far is 4 Days in a mod..2 is not enough and I don't think the kids would appreciate the finer details..7 would be good for the kids at the value,but I think Gramps & Granny would be knackered..4 at a mod would suit everyone..;)..Cheers everybody for your valuable input..

epcotisbest

OK if I understand this right, they are going to be there for a month. In that time frame they have plenty of time to go to the parks while staying off property. A four bedroom villa in Kissimmee will be a blessing for that amount of time, especially for free. Driving to the parks is no big deal when you are there that long.
For me, I would take two days at a deluxe, one at WL, and later, one at BC.
During those two resort days I would not go to the parks at all, but enjoy the resort and Disney bubble from some of the best Disney has to offer. WL is spectacular, the lobby, grounds, pools, restaurants are all special and a little time there is wonderful, and they can take the boat over to all the monorail resorts and do some resort hopping and even watch Wishes from the Poly beach.
Then BC...that way they can experience a different resort area, and enjoy the best, biggest pool at all of Disney, Stormalong Bay. And they can also resort hop there and see all the Epcot area resorts and eat at Beaches and Cream.
With a month there, there will be plenty of time for the parks...I would recommend SeaWorld as well.
So doing a couple of deluxe resorts, and using those days for resort time, they could experience wonderful resorts. I would not recommend this approach if they plan on just using the resorts for sleeping. That would seem like a big waste of money and time.
With a month there, they already have the time issue covered.
Now my suggestion is based on the assumption that they will be going to the parks plenty of other times while staying off site. If the only time they will spend in the parks is while staying on property, the whole issue changes. Then I would recommend value or moderate to maximize park time with the grand kids, but again, if there for a month, there will be plenty of park time. Heck, buy annual passes and go for a few hours ever stinking day if there for a month...that is what I would do, except for the couple of days when I was resting at WL and BC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom