What’s your favourite things to do at Disney

DisneyPrincess5

I love so many aspects of being at WDW (rides obviously!) but something I appreciate more and more is simply time to just take it slow, stroll around, take everything in, sit and look around, listen to the music piped in, and watch everyone around me. I have spent many trips rushing around and sticking to an unrealistic plan. Those days are over. I love just being in the presence of the place.

RichC

Yes, there is no feeling like finally arriving after months of anticipation. And it isn't just pulling into the resort: it's seeing green Central Florida scrubland and landscaped palms and gardens out the window as the plane descends after a boring flight, touching down in the still-sunny late afternoon and knowing it will be sunset by the time you get to the hotel, feeling just the tiniest kiss of warm air while exiting the plane and stepping onto the jet bridge, walking through the airport toward the Magical Express wearing winter jeans and sweaters, meeting your first cast members outside the ME boarding area (your first Disney queue of the trip!), boarding and finally setting off for Walt Disney World, partially watching the choppy / needs-to-be-updated Magical Express video but mostly looking out the window at the houses, schools, businesses just on the outskirts of Disney Word and wondering what it is like to live there, entering the property feeling you know the way but being mistaken as the bus turns off in an unexpected direction, and then finally pulling into the resort and disembarking into the warmth to walk through the entrance and lobby past cheerful families well into their vacation mode wearing swim shorts and flip flops and carrying refillable drink mugs -that's when the last bit of stress finally leaves (you'll build some more up in the week to come, of course) and it's enough for me just to sit around the resort that evening and soak it in.

a goofy username

- scrambling around to ride as many rides as possible
- kicking it, taking my time, walking around and soaking in all the details
- introducing newcomers to the beverly and then drinking some myself and pretending to be unfazed
- saying hi to george
- horrifying people by showing them the legs under the stairs in tower of terror
- just straight up boohoo crying in the tiki room
- drinking around the world then going on test track
- hog calling on big thunder

Cat_M

Original Poster
- scrambling around to ride as many rides as possible
- kicking it, taking my time, walking around and soaking in all the details
- introducing newcomers to the beverly and then drinking some myself and pretending to be unfazed
- saying hi to george
- horrifying people by showing them the legs under the stairs in tower of terror
- just straight up boohoo crying in the tiki room
- drinking around the world then going on test track
- hog calling on big thunder

The Beverley?

mergatroid

Watching The Citizens of Hollywood perform at the Studios.
Accelerating down the launch tunnel on the R 'n' R at the Studios.
Eating in the Sci-fi dine in theater before seeing Fantasmic at the Studios.
Early morning safari at the AK
Having Chinese food in Epcot casually watching the world go by.
Entering the tunnel queue for Space Mountain.
Walking up Main Street before park opening after scoring 8am breakfast reservations for The Crystal Palace in the MK.
Renting a boat for an hour on Bay Lake.

Tk0021

I wake up earlier than the rest of my family and I like to go down to the lobby and sit and read the days news on my phone, but also I like to watch other people getting ready to go to the park, or go to eat or do what I am doing and just watch others. Everyone has the whole day a head of them and there is so much potential for everyone to have fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom