What’s your favorite resort? Why?

zurgandfriend

What is your favorite resort and why? What is it that attracts you to that resort? Is it location, theme, restaurants, cast members, or a little bit of all of these? Do you always go to the same resort or do you try different ones?
We have stayed at 3 resorts at WDW so far, the Contemporary, The Polynesian and the Wilderness Lodge.
My DW thinks the Wilderness Lodge was the best so far, she feels that it is off the “beaten path” as it is not on the monorail and you have to make an effort to get there. She says it felt like coming “home” when we arrived.
My son likes the Contemporary the best. He likes the hustle and bustle of the Grand Canyon Concourse with the monorail right there. He likes the new hotel rooms so much so that when I repainted and changed his bedroom from a boy’s room to a “grown-up” room he wanted paint colors, pictures and furniture very similar to the Contemporary. He even has the Contemporary “Do not disturb sign” hanging off of his door .
My favorite is the one I haven’t stayed at yet. We have always stayed at a Magic Kingdom area resort. I would like to stay in one of the Epcot resorts next trip and experience WDW from a different perspective.

durangojim

As someone who spent and still continues to spend many summers in the American West, the WL's theming captures the excitement of that area of the country and is the most relaxing resort to me. I love it's proximity to the lake, the foliage, and the ability to take a wonderful boat ride to MK. It feels secluded and serene.
The Beach Club has an amazing pool, is a stone's throw from EPCOT, and has a refreshing feel about it and has the great Beaches and Cream. It's proximity to EPCOT makes spontaneous visits to that park possible (does it get any better than going for a swim and 5 minutes later walking to World Showcase to watch Illuminations?) and is a all around great resort.

Those are our two favorites and many times we stay at both during one trip.

ps. GF used to be our favorite, but a decline in service and an increase in price has take it off our list. Maybe when Four Seasons opens it will force Disney to once again restore the Grand to its previous splendor.

Upvote 0

WDW 3

I'm happy to see that there are a few votes for POFQ. We are staying there for the first time in November.

I've stayed at the Contemporary and Shades of Green.
Shades of Green is my favorite. The resort is small, the rooms are huge and the price is right!

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

1. AKL for it's amazing, unique theme and feeling like you are really in Africa.
2. Poly for the relaxation factor, the Hawaiian music piped into the walkways.
3. Contemporary Magic Kingdom view, because you can look out at Cinderella's castle from your ROOM!

Upvote 0

corey154

My fav as of right now (i have trips to wilderness lodge and dolphin coming soon) is as follows:

Deluxe: Poly b/c the theming, food, monorail, I love sitting in the lobby people watching. The grounds are beautiful. Love the view from the beach. Great resort if you're spending time in your room. Kids love the pool. Mod: POFQ b/c it's smaller, quiter, easy to get buses, great food options (and if you want table service you can go right to POR easily) the size of the rooms are great. Everything seems closer. Value: Pop...it's very busy but it's a fun atmosphere, the food court has great choices, and it always puts me in the Disney spirit.

I have stayed in Contemp, Poly, AKL, Carribean Beach, Coronado Springs, POFQ, POP, ASMusic, ASMovies, Fort Wilderness (I feel like I'm forgeting something here)

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
SSR, purely from the point of view of starting arguments on here from folk who cant stand to hear the harsh reality about Disneys most non magical resort.

Ohhh and for me the Poly is my fave Mrs Sak likes the WL, so she can stay there and not cramp my styleeeeeeeee.

Upvote 0

Runtinkrun

I'd have to say Wilderness Lodge. I'll never forget the first time I stepped into the lobby and looked up and up and up and up at the vastness of it! The theming makes it so easy to believe that not only are you in a frontier lodge but that you're in someplace magical!

Upvote 0

rkelly42

1. Poly (so close to MK, and is beautiful)
2. Boardwalk (so close to epcot, and right on the boardwalk next to espnzone)
3. AKL ( A little far from everything but incredible and great restaurants)
4. Contemporary ( Love the monorail going through it, and love California grill and extremely close to the MK)
5. POR ( Just love the setting)

Upvote 0

eroyee

Wilderness Lodge. Its just so amazing in the lobby and all around the resort. You feel like you are in a big western lodge. Its so fun.....

Upvote 0

RNRguy

1. CRB- is nice. we stayed there. the week of halloween in 07. very pleased for our first say on property.. the area is nice and maybe a 5 min bus ride to th studios.. and to its in the epcot area.. very conventent..

food court- is great. something for everyone.
setting- very pretty in the early morning.. ** chilly at time* but when the fog rolls in its nice. the wild life around you is amazing.
i heard from the board that this resort was quite large.. but it wasnt .. it was relaxing.. and refeshing..

rooms - where just right. not to big or small.. bc lets face it whos going to be in there room alto at disney any ways?

so i recommend this resort..

in feb. we are staying at wilderness lodge.. cant wait!;)

Upvote 0

DisneyWall-E

1. The Contemporary:
A) Its an original
B) The freaking Monorail runs through it

2. Pop Century
This resort to me has the unmistakable whimsical feel of Disney all around it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom