What’s with the “*"

sweetpee_1993

Where are you looking to book a private vessel? On Grand Cayman?

I have never cruised to the Caymans, but I have been there when the cruise ships are in port. We sit and watch the tenders go in and out somtimes. There is usually a line waiting for them from what I have seen, but it is never more than one tenders worth. They come by every 20 minutes or so it seems. Sort of like waiting for a WDW bus.

-dave

Yep, Grand Cayman.

5thGenTexan

I wish I could tell you more about the procedure regarding tendering at Grand Cayman for those not taking shore excursions through the ship. I recall them making an announcement about giving out tender tickets, and I am pretty sure it was after all the other excursions were on thier way. It took very little time to get from the ship to shore and shore to ship, most of the time was loading the tender. That takes as long as it takes people to make thier way. It was not a bad experience by any means though. I was at Grand Cayman a week ago today.

On a past cruise where we tendered at Belize on a NCL ship was interesting. It was pretty windy and the water was rough. Now the "FUN" part... :) We walked down stairs on the OUTSIDE of the ship down to the waiting tender which was moving independent of the ship. Tender was moving up and down and it was necessary to step away from the platform at the bottom of the outside stairs to the moving tender. Really interesting. :D

Phonedave

Yep, Grand Cayman.

I don't know what sort of price excursion you are looking at, but there is good snorkling all around the island. The tenders bring you into Georgetown which is the big city on Grand Cayman. The ships dock maybe 300 yards off shore. As the above poster said, not far at all.

There is snorkling launches right in Georgetown. Heck, there is a beach that is about a 15 minute drive from where you tender into that has some excellent snokling right off the beach. Public beach, bathroon and changing facilities, food nearby, quiet. I have seen people wade in a scuba dive off of this beach. (no, it's not Three Mile beach either)

You should have no problem getting off the ship and getting to a place with plenty of time to do a lot of snorkling.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom