We're Taking the Future World Tour!

Little Green Men

Original Poster
I read about it, and am so excited! But can someone tell me what they did? Can you give a lot of detail?! And are they still doing the upstairs imageworks? :wave:

Moustronaut

I read about it, and am so excited! But can someone tell me what they did? Can you give a lot of detail?! And are they still doing the upstairs imageworks? :wave:
Pushy! :ROFLOL:
I took the UNDiscovered Futureworld tour in October of 2005. Like any tour, it depends on your group and on your tour guide. I'd give my experience a B-. We toured the guest areas of Living Seas,(Coral reef only cause the rest was being Nemo'd if I remember correctly.), Land, Energy and Innoventions. Saw backstage of Mission:Space going through the control room and upstairs into the HP lounge and behind Test Track under the high speed loops and the maintenance area for the cars then back to where the barges are for RoE. We got a lot of background info about Epcot and Walt's original E.P.C.O.T. plan.

I've heard other tours have gone back stage in energy or imagination. Ours did not.

farmgirl

Pushy! :ROFLOL:
I took the UNDiscovered Futureworld tour in October of 2005. Like any tour, it depends on your group and on your tour guide. I'd give my experience a B-. We toured the guest areas of Living Seas,(Coral reef only cause the rest was being Nemo'd if I remember correctly.), Land, Energy and Innoventions. Saw backstage of Mission:Space going through the control room and upstairs into the HP lounge and behind Test Track under the high speed loops and the maintenance area for the cars then back to where the barges are for RoE. We got a lot of background info about Epcot and Walt's original E.P.C.O.T. plan.

I've heard other tours have gone back stage in energy or imagination. Ours did not.
Our tour was pretty much exactly like this one. We did this tour in 2005 too I believe.

H20Babie

Did the tour in March '07. Sorry, no imageworks, at least on my tour. We did go "backstage" and see the costume area though. Wow! Imagine a Wal-mart with drycleaning style racks, after rack, after rack. It really makes you realize just how big it is. Oh - and we got an Undiscovered Future World pin and passes to VIP viewing of Illuminations.

Captain Hank

Did the tour in March '07. Sorry, no imageworks, at least on my tour. We did go "backstage" and see the costume area though. Wow! Imagine a Wal-mart with drycleaning style racks, after rack, after rack. It really makes you realize just how big it is. Oh - and we got an Undiscovered Future World pin and passes to VIP viewing of Illuminations.
One of my favorite backstage areas. :) Not sure why, but I think it's kinda cool. Keep in mind, also, that Epcot's costuming department is about half the size of Magic Kingdom's.

Pioneer Hall

On my tour we went to the Seas and the Private lounge there, went backstage at the land while they were building Soarin'. We did go upstairs to the image works for a few minutes as well. We went backstage at Energy and in to the control room of M:S. Then we went backstage near test track and saw the tracks. We went to a trailer for the international program area and a Guest Relations host from Brazil spoke to us. I think we went to costuming, but I can't remember if that was on this tour as well as my Backstage Magic tour. We then came out near China and called it a day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom