We're giving in.

Britt

My husband and I are admitting our addiction to WDW. We're not bothering trying to suppress it any longer. lol

We're not going this year, as we're having friends come in from Idaho and we need to save the vacation time, but next year.....watch out Tinkerbell, Im comin for you. haha.

I need to know...how do you guys save for your trips? How MUCH do you generally save a month for your trips and how long in advance do you start saving?

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Usually my bonus and our tax return pays for the trip every year. We've been doing things a little different and saving up for it monthly last couple of years.
It's a little tougher to save up 400-500 bucks a month , but we can't count on my bonus and tax return every year, so tightening our belts for an awesome freakin' vacation it is.

Upvote 0

ImagineerDude

Well, we are starting to save for our May 2014 trip and my grandparents are going with us and every time they go to a restaurant and don't drink pop, they put $2 in a jar and deposit it into our vacation fund :) We also use our annual yard sale money

But we just started so I really don't know how much yet :) Our ultimate goal is to stay at GF

Upvote 0

Britt

Original Poster
Usually my bonus and our tax return pays for the trip every year. We've been doing things a little different and saving up for it monthly last couple of years.
It's a little tougher to save up 400-500 bucks a month , but we can't count on my bonus and tax return every year, so tightening our belts for an awesome freakin' vacation it is.
LOL Right? I put $20 (every 2 weeks) in for the start of our new vacation savings account and was all proud of myself. And then realized that that will net us about $480 in a year! Which barely even covers one of our tickets the whole time we're there. We'll need to save at LEAST $250-$350 per month.

We dont get bonuses and didn't get a refund this year, so Im not thinking we will next year either *sigh*

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

The three of us have Disney saving banks.( Mickey,Jasmine,& Cinderella's Castle ) Every time we get a £2.00 coin ( $3.00. ) We pop it in.We start the the minute we come home from our last Disney vacation,which was approx 7 months ago.At this moment in time we have in total $1.200. So hopefully by this time next year our Disney pot will be around $4000. We never miss them.;)

Upvote 0

Jessica Meier

$50 a week goes into the vacay savings account. Anything extra (we received a refund on our escrow account, etc) goes in their too. I started a year out and I should have more than enough come August when it is due.

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

We have a 'savings' bank, or rather I do. All my change, and the dollars I have in the back of my pockets from the end of the day go in it. Its usually not a lot but before you know it. It all adds up. And makes for some great spending money. Besides that each paycheck we put a little aside to help out. We usually start the moment we get back from the trip....

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

We book room only and then try to pay something every month on it. When we have overtime or bonus's that's where the money goes. We ask relatives to give us Disney gift cards for birthdays and anniversary ect. Try to put even $5 or $10 a week aside instead of eating out. Husband started a vacation account that they take right out of his paycheck each week. It doesn't have to be much and we never miss it. The vacation account is our spending money when we get there. We also have a change cup. Everyday loose change goes there. there are lots of places to save just look around. sell stuff on Ebay. Have a garage sale.

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

LOL Right? I put $20 (every 2 weeks) in for the start of our new vacation savings account and was all proud of myself. And then realized that that will net us about $480 in a year! Which barely even covers one of our tickets the whole time we're there. We'll need to save at LEAST $250-$350 per month.

We dont get bonuses and didn't get a refund this year, so Im not thinking we will next year either *sigh*

I start buying my ticket vouchers from AAA when ever I get some extra cash together sometimes a year in advance. They never expire till you turn them in at Disney and start with first use. Also when money is short for Christmas that year we gave each other tickets to Disney.

Upvote 0

smk

We save change, work some OT close to the trip and sacrifice on other things like going out to eat during the week all to save money for our trips. Yard sales are on my mind lately, maybe one this year and see what that brings me? Don't know, really. We just enjoy going so we make every effort to make sure that we can each year. In the past we have used some awesome PIN codes on room only discounts, this year I have not gotten one yet...:(

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom