We're back, trip report coming, question

Well we are back from our 15 day vacation: 4 nights at Universal's RPR, 3 nights at AKL and 7 nights at the Polynesian.

It was absolutely PERFECT.

I plan on posting a very detailed trip report, complete with hotel and dinning reviews. My preference is to do it all on this Trip Report Board. I'd rather not break up the Universal and Disney Days for continuity sake. So my question is, Is anyone going to be offended if I include the Universal stuff here instead of the Universal boards?

Joy

Me neither! Write away- I am anxious to hear your comparison of RPR and the Polynesian. I have stayed at RPR, and loved it, but never at the Poly. =)

johnvree

Original Poster
Originally posted by Joy
Me neither! Write away- I am anxious to hear your comparison of RPR and the Polynesian. I have stayed at RPR, and loved it, but never at the Poly. =)

Before the trip, I would have said that that would not be a fair comparison. The RPR is the lower end of Universal's three resorts. And the Poly is a Disney deluxe and three times as expensive. However, you may be surprised by the results.

Katherine

I can't wait to hear about your trip. BTW what does RDR stand for? I've never been to Universal and I'm not familiar with their hotels.

Joy

RPR stands for Royal Pacific Resort, Universal's version of the Polynesian. Universal also has two other hotels, Portofino Bay and the Hard Rock Hotel. All 3 hotels are Loew's hotels and are truly luxurious. Another benefit to staying at a Universal Hotel is you get express access on all rides and attractions for the length of your stay. I really feel Disney should offer a perk like this to those staying in their Deluxe resorts. :)

johnvree

Original Poster
OK, I hope to start posting them later today. They will be kind of long for two reasons. First, I include some stuff unrelated to Disney, like me overcoming my commando-type park personality. Obviously you can skip that stuff if it doesn't interest you. Second, I give the patterns I used to hit the attractions. When I was planning for our trip, I thought that trip reports that gave you things like wait times, fast pass return times and reviews were invaluable.

imamouse

Yes, please tell all. Competition only makes everyone step up their game. I had heard about Universal's Express Pass perk for hotel guests, but thought I was dreaming. Bring on the details!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom