Pre-Trip We're Baaaaack! June 2015 Trip

After just recently discovering the forums, becoming totally obsessed/addicted to reading TRs, and a little encouragement from my fellow Disney-lovers.. I've decided to write my first Pre-Trip Report! So please be patient with me as I put it together. :)

When: June 7 - June 13, 2015
Where: All-Star Music Resort
Who:
I'm Brittany.. the brunette. :) This will be my 7th trip to WDW. I am 100% addicted to all things Disney- I've always loved the movies, characters, songs, etc. But I've just recently become "hardcore," if you will. ;) I'm the planner, organizer, researcher, insert similar titles here! I'll be 22 years young at the time of our trip.

My best friend, Heather, will be joining me. This will be our 3rd trip to WDW together, and her 3rd trip period! All of her Disney trips have been with me.. what a lucky gal she is. ;) We've been best friends since about age 4 and literally did everything together as kids. As big kids, we went to college together, student taught two doors down from each other, and continue to spend all of our free time together! Before I forget, she's the blonde in this picture, but has since switched over to the dark side… literally. So her appearance will be a little different in my Trip Report pictures. I'm very fortunate to have a best friend who just goes with the flow the way that she does… she never complains about my compulsive planning, and for that I am grateful. :) She'll be 24 years young at the time of our trip.

IMG_5631.JPG

We are both elementary teachers, the perfect excuse to act like the big kids that we are. ;) We usually get out of school for the summer a few weeks ahead of most other districts, so we're hopeful that we can miss the majority of the summer crowds.

This will be our first time staying on WDW property.. I actually stayed at AKL when I was a kid, but don't remember many of the things that I now know make staying on property so magical. We are honestly more excited to ride the Magical Express than I think anything else. :angelic: Every time I have to walk past the ME counter at MCO, I die a little inside. Fortunately, I won't be dealing with those feelings this time! Yes, we know we're weird. Case in point...

IMG_5910.jpg

We're those crazy ladies crying while watching the show at rope drop, skipping down Main Street USA hand in hand, and being all-around genuine goofballs! You'll realize rather quickly that we struggle to take "normal pictures." Hope you don't mind. ;)

IMG_5606.JPG

And then there's this little gem…

IMG_4973.jpg

I promise that we are not actually kissing.. I love her, but not quite that much. ;) I crack up every time that I look at this picture thanks to the little girl staring at us in the background… we get those looks often.

Anyway, our plans aren't set entirely in stone at this point in time. Right now, we have an 8:10am ADR at Crystal Palace on the first day of our trip (6/8) and a 6:25pm ADR at 1900 Park Fare on the last day of our trip (6/12). These are both new restaurants for us, so we're pretty excited about them!

We are tentatively planning to spend 3 days at Magic Kingdom, 1 day at Epcot, and 1 day at Hollywood Studios. We want to start and end our trip at MK, simply because it just doesn't get anymore magical than that. :) I've done all of the parks, but Heather has never been to Epcot.

I think that's all for now! Thank you so much for reading! :inlove:

Sassagoula-Rvr

We are going down in late May, can't wait to see your trip! Maybe this will inspire me to chronicle ours! (Though, if I had a quarter every time I said have that...)

blreinsel

Original Poster
We are going down in late May, can't wait to see your trip! Maybe this will inspire me to chronicle ours! (Though, if I had a quarter every time I said have that...)

Thank you! :) I'm so excited to write my TR! I've wanted to do one for awhile now, but didn't know where to post it. Thankfully, I found the forums. ;)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Soooo today is an exciting day for me…. WE HAVE HIT THE 60 DAY MARK!!!! :D:D:D I scheduled our FastPass+ selections this morning at work and am pretty pleased with myself. I was able to get all of the ones that we wanted in the middle of the day when lines are longest- woohoo! :joyfull: These are of course subject to change, but for right now, I'm happy with them!

Monday - Magic Kingdom
Splash Mountain
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Space Mountain

Tuesday - Epcot
Mission: SPACE
Spaceship Earth
Soarin'

Wednesday - Hollywood Studios
Star Tours
Toy Story Midway Mania
Tower of Terror

Thursday - Magic Kingdom
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Space Mountain
Anna and Elsa Meet & Greet

Friday - Magic Kingdom
Ariel Meet & Greet
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
Enchanted Tales with Belle

It's finally starting to feel real the closer that we get to D-Day. A co-worker is leaving next week to take her daughter for the first time, so I have a severe case of Disney jealousy right now.:( Though, I'm also living vicariously through them as they enjoy the single digit pre-Disney feelings. Her ME tags were delivered to the office this afternoon… oh how I can't wait until it's my turn. :rolleyes:

Thanks for continuing to follow along! :)

Billy6

Soooo today is an exciting day for me…. WE HAVE HIT THE 60 DAY MARK!!!! :D:D:D I scheduled our FastPass+ selections this morning at work and am pretty pleased with myself. I was able to get all of the ones that we wanted in the middle of the day when lines are longest- woohoo! :joyfull: These are of course subject to change, but for right now, I'm happy with them!

Monday - Magic Kingdom
Splash Mountain
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Space Mountain

Tuesday - Epcot
Mission: SPACE
Spaceship Earth
Soarin'

Wednesday - Hollywood Studios
Star Tours
Toy Story Midway Mania
Tower of Terror

Thursday - Magic Kingdom
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Space Mountain
Anna and Elsa Meet & Greet

Friday - Magic Kingdom
Ariel Meet & Greet
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
Enchanted Tales with Belle

It's finally starting to feel real the closer that we get to D-Day. A co-worker is leaving next week to take her daughter for the first time, so I have a severe case of Disney jealousy right now.:( Though, I'm also living vicariously through them as they enjoy the single digit pre-Disney feelings. Her ME tags were delivered to the office this afternoon… oh how I can't wait until it's my turn. :rolleyes:

Thanks for continuing to follow along! :)
I got mine set up for that week too! Some are tentative but got what I wanted for MK on Monday!

Maybe I'll see you in the food line at Crystal Palace!?!

blreinsel

Original Poster
I got mine set up for that week too! Some are tentative but got what I wanted for MK on Monday!

Maybe I'll see you in the food line at Crystal Palace!?!

Glad to hear that you got what you wanted! Fingers crossed for a Crystal Palace run in! :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
We are down to 29 days!!! I get more and more excited the closer that we get.. I've literally been stalking the forums. :rolleyes:

A small update.. after much deliberation, we decided to go ahead and add Memory Maker. I've never used it before, so am anxious to see if I find it worth the money.

Thank you for continuing to follow along! :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
I've been meaning to update, but life tends to get in the way. :rolleyes: Over the past two weeks we've received luggage tags, Memory Maker, and our Magic Bands. Is there really any mail better than Mickey Mail? :) I was also able to setup our Magical Express rides, as we had not yet booked our flights when we made our room reservation. The CM who helped me was great - I need to remember to write down the names of the ones who make our trip extra magical so they can get the recognition that they deserve! :)

19 days to go! :D

blreinsel

Original Poster
Hi everyone! I leave for home in 3 HOURS!!! Eeeeek! :D Thank you all for following along with my PTR, and I hope that you'll also follow my TR. I'll write that once I get home (boo!) since I'm sure I'll be needing a way to aid my Disney blues.

Feel free to follow me on Instagram (blgauger714), Snapchat (blgauger7), and/or Facebook (Brittany Gauger) if you simply can't wait to see my pictures in the TR. ;)

Have a magical week! I know that I will. :D

prfctlyximprct

Hi everyone! I leave for home in 3 HOURS!!! Eeeeek! :D Thank you all for following along with my PTR, and I hope that you'll also follow my TR. I'll write that once I get home (boo!) since I'm sure I'll be needing a way to aid my Disney blues.

Feel free to follow me on Instagram (blgauger714), Snapchat (blgauger7), and/or Facebook (Brittany Gauger) if you simply can't wait to see my pictures in the TR. ;)

Have a magical week! I know that I will. :D

Have a magical trip :)

Billy6

Hey! How's your trip going?

I hope you are having fun! We are too. Got rained on a bit at animal kingdom today.

Great to meet you two!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom