Went to a private screening of 'Brave' last night and . . .

tsaintc

Original Poster
it was outstanding! I am a Pixar fanboy, but words cannot describe this movie.

Sorry, I know that this is not park news. Feel free to move the thread.

Mr_Incredible

Speaking of this movie, I guess this will be the death of some Pixar "Easter eggs" ? I don't see how they can incorporate the pizza planet truck in that century of Scotland lol. Is John Ratzenberg doing a voice in the movie?

Weather_Lady

@tsaintc, thanks for the heads up! I'd read some early buzz that Brave was a little "darker" than previous Pixar movies. Would you say it's on the same level as the others in terms of child-appropriateness, or would you recommend pre-screening before taking kindergarten-aged children?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Speaking of this movie, I guess this will be the death of some Pixar "Easter eggs" ? I don't see how they can incorporate the pizza planet truck in that century of Scotland lol. Is John Ratzenberg doing a voice in the movie?
Never doubt the creativity at Pixar.

And yes, Ratzenberg does a voice in Brave.:D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1217209/

tsaintc

Original Poster
@tsaintc, thanks for the heads up! I'd read some early buzz that Brave was a little "darker" than previous Pixar movies. Would you say it's on the same level as the others in terms of child-appropriateness, or would you recommend pre-screening before taking kindergarten-aged children?

There are a few dark moments, but I do not think they were too inappropriate. There were a number of kindergarten-aged children in the theater, and I do not remember noticing any issues.

I few crude humor moments are well, but they move fast and are hard to pick up.

tsaintc

Original Poster

Yes, John Ratzenberg does a voice keeping with tradition. I did not pick up on any Easter Eggs, but I am not very good with those anyway. The movie is visually stunning; I have never seen anything like it.

twebber55

it was outstanding! I am a Pixar fanboy, but words cannot describe this movie.

Sorry, I know that this is not park news. Feel free to move the thread.
great news...9 yr old daughter is pumped about it...figured it was good there has been a lot of hype for it

Redsky89

Glad to hear it was great. Pixar films are great cause they're are so many horrible movies that always get released then all of a sudden SHAZAAM Pixar releases another classic.

JIMINYCR

Article in our local paper said Disney had ordered Haggis, a traditional Scottish dish, from a Maine company which was to be served at private showings of Brave. Were you Brave enough to try some? Described as a dish made from sheeps lung, heart, liver. o_O

tsaintc

Original Poster
Article in our local paper said Disney had ordered Haggis, a traditional Scottish dish, from a Maine company which was to be served at private showings of Brave. Were you Brave enough to try some? Described as a dish made from sheeps lung, heart, liver. o_O

They did not have anything like that at our screening. The did hand out posters, postcards and paper fans. Our local Radio Disney DJs were there as well as a few Scottish ladies playing bagpipes and dancing. I wish I could have taken some pictures or video, but they confiscated our electronic devices. We were even wanded TSA style!

wilkeliza

I went to the NYC screening. They didn't do anything special but te movie was great.

If there are any Easter Eggs I think it would be on all the wood carvings. I believe it was a truck that rolls and knocks into something else in the chain reaction scene.

stuart

Great news! Been waiting for some time to see this film, and will try get it when over at the world next month, as Scotland doesn't get it until August 3, which is still before the UK launch of August 17th.

Haggis is lovely by the way!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom