Wendy Darling phasing out of meet and greets?

wdrive

So... when the Frozen hype inevitably dies down, and Disney no longer needs to staff half a dozen Annas or Elsas simultaneously (or however many), will they bring performers like Wendy back?

Somehow I feel like I know the answer...

It will most likely be a while before they cut Anna and Elsa down. Rapunzel and Cinderella both still have a 'double' meet and greet in the MK.

minsmk

Friends of Tink are to be no bigger then 4'10 for the most part.

Actually, friends of Donald and Daisy are no bigger than 4'11. Tink, Alice and Wendy are no bigger than 5'3 and smaller than 5'1.. Friends of Mickey and Minnie are no taller than five and a half. And smaller than 4'10.. So none of the short FC can be Donald or Mickey. The reason why I do know this is because I have a friend that could be Tink face wise but she is normally Mickey because she isn't tall enough.

olinecoach61

While I'm not a big fan of Wendy, I hate to see characters taken off of the meet and greet circuit. You never know who someone's favorite character is, I would be really upset if goofy was taken away.

HDS

Actually, friends of Donald and Daisy are no bigger than 4'11. Tink, Alice and Wendy are no bigger than 5'3 and smaller than 5'1.. Friends of Mickey and Minnie are no taller than five and a half. And smaller than 4'10.. So none of the short FC can be Donald or Mickey. The reason why I do know this is because I have a friend that could be Tink face wise but she is normally Mickey because she isn't tall enough.
OK now I'm cornfuzed. I have a friend that is Tink's friend and she shes also friends with Micky and shes 4'11.

FrankLapidus

It just frustrates me..... I dont understand why an entertainment company is constantly having to make cuts to entertainment.

Its symptomatic of management's attitude today.

Pretty soon there really won't be many characters meeting, unless they're one of the fab five, a Princess or in Toy Story then they're expendable. Its sad but it pretty much sums up the changes in attitude toward guest experiences that I've witnessed in the years since I started going to WDW

wdrive

Its symptomatic of management's attitude today.

Pretty soon there really won't be many characters meeting, unless they're one of the fab five, a Princess or in Toy Story then they're expendable. Its sad but it pretty much sums up the changes in attitude toward guest experiences that I've witnessed in the years since I started going to WDW

That's pretty much the most recent news I've heard coming out from Disneyland, they want a stronger focus on the fab five (+ Chip, Dale and Daisy) and Princesses. Bearing that in mind the recent changes they did over there didn't actually add any characters at all and actually took away the fab five from Frontierland.

PhotoDave219

That's pretty much the most recent news I've heard coming out from Disneyland, they want a stronger focus on the fab five (+ Chip, Dale and Daisy) and Princesses. Bearing that in mind the recent changes they did over there didn't actually add any characters at all and actually took away the fab five from Frontierland.

I'm sure that'll go over well with The fans

minsmk

OK now I'm cornfuzed. I have a friend that is Tink's friend and she shes also friends with Micky and shes 4'11.

Hmm, well I don't know then. I asked my friend most heights for characters and she said "All face are taller than Mickey. The shortest a FC can be is 5'1 and thats Wendy/Alice/Tink and some of the other fairies" (When the Nook was still open.) Maybe management changed.. Who knows?

wdrive

Hmm, well I don't know then. I asked my friend most heights for characters and she said "All face are taller than Mickey. The shortest a FC can be is 5'1 and thats Wendy/Alice/Tink and some of the other fairies" (When the Nook was still open.) Maybe management changed.. Who knows?

The Disney auditions website currently has Tinker Bell as 4'11-5'2.

disneyman87

Original Poster
It's unlikely, in theory a tall Wendy could be a small Anna or Elsa but I believe the reason for Wendy being pulled was the increased cost of having Snow White and Aurora meeting on Main Street when Anna and Elsa replaced them in the Fairytale Hall.

It seems that Anna and Elsa will be leaving Princess Fairytale Hall in 2016. So, if Aurora and Snow White go back to Princess Fairytale Hall in 2016, maybe Wendy will come back to Magic Kingdom that year.

http://www./videos/video-anna-and-e...cot-replacing-maelstrom-at-walt-disney-world/

wdrive

I think that video is more about Frozen going into Epcot again than the characters moving back and even if they did, I wouldn't be surprised to see them just keep the savings of not having Wendy out.

In the big picture the costs could go up in this situation, depending on how Anna and Elsa work out at Epcot. At the moment you have one Snow White and one Aurora in the Magic Kingdom. Putting them in the Royal Hall creates a ton of more shifts for that character as they are continuously meeting all day in two rooms. Even moving Anna and Elsa to Epcot still has the increased character count that caused Wendy to be cut. Then if they did move, I'd presume there would be more than just one Anna and Elsa all day to meet the demand.

Of course Disney could easily afford to have Wendy out but that bottom line is by far the most important thing.

Kitty17794

For the past four or so years, Wendy has been in and out. I think it's a "bring her in in spring/summer, remove her for fall/winter" sort of thing. So she'll be back. :) But for WDW, you can see her in parade, castle show, and she's in Halloween and Christmas parades too. Just no daily meet and greet. (Though surprise appearances can always occur.)

Sorry to bump this, but when I read this news that Anna and Elsa are leaving Princess Fairytale Hall next week, this thread came my mind when I would read it as a guest. It would make perfect sense to bring Wendy back now since Aurora and Snow White will not likely be meeting guests on Main Street or by the castle walls.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom