Wendy Darling phasing out of meet and greets?

psherman42

Wendy doing meet and greets seem to come and go over the years so she might come back...you never know.

Kind of weird because just earlier this year her and Peter were moved in front of Peter Pan meeting guests...
When I was at MK Thursday, Peter is meeting at the Adventureland Verandah. The Peter Pan queue extends passed the Neverland map where Peter Pan and Wendy were meeting. I can't remember how long it's been since that started though. There is some work going on by the entrance to Peter Pan so maybe that's possibly the reason? I don't know.

PhotoDave219

Wendy will always have some presence even if she isn't greeting during a certain bid. And the long lost friends weeks were a one and done, they didn't continue them past ltm.

.....And as we all know, My giant criticism of the long lost friends was that they were all victims of budget cuts in the past ten years. Almost every character I saw used to do either AM or PM town square M&G.

Roger Rabbit would be long lost.

asianway

.....And as we all know, My giant criticism of the long lost friends was that they were all victims of budget cuts in the past ten years. Almost every character I saw used to do either AM or PM town square M&G.

Roger Rabbit would be long lost.
Surprised roger didn't make it on either coast. Between the 4 events I'd only count Ludwig, the 3 good fairies & Clopin as long lost. Merlin & Esmeralda hung in there a little longer-I'd give them an honorable mention

disneyman87

Original Poster
It's unlikely, in theory a tall Wendy could be a small Anna or Elsa but I believe the reason for Wendy being pulled was the increased cost of having Snow White and Aurora meeting on Main Street when Anna and Elsa replaced them in the Fairytale Hall.

If that is the case, then hopefully Wendy will return after Anna and Elsa find a permanent home post Princess Fairytale Hall.

asianway

The irony in that is that Wendy's costume is probably one of the cheapest ones to make out of just about any Disney character's costume.
I think Dave was talking more about the big picture, the killer here is the indoor multi room locations. It kills variety for the sake of shorter lines

asianway

I agree. I was just adding the fact that, if they are going to cut characters for the sake of reducing costume expenses, that Wendy would be far from a logical choice for a cut.
Well...maybe. Does having two characters meet at one location at two times the cost causing a slower line equal double the magic? Or would taking that FTE and placing say Hook meeting alone by pirates spread it around?

cw1982

Well...maybe. Does having two characters meet at one location at two times the cost causing a slower line equal double the magic? Or would taking that FTE and placing say Hook meeting alone by pirates spread it around?

True, but for that matter, why not just have Wendy meet elsewhere? Then they're just moving someone who is already trained to a new spot and still creating another space for meet and greets.

DancerJonathan

She still might doing meet and greets on the Disney Magic Cruise because when I sailed on it in 08 she was on the ship. But I don't know if she still does because I haven't been on the magic since 08

MarkTwain

So... when the Frozen hype inevitably dies down, and Disney no longer needs to staff half a dozen Annas or Elsas simultaneously (or however many), will they bring performers like Wendy back?

Somehow I feel like I know the answer...

RAXIP

I think the film can answer the question itself:
peter-pan-all-of-this.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom