Wendy Darling phasing out of meet and greets?

disneyman87

Original Poster
I've been hearing that Wendy Darling is practically being phased out of meet and greets. She will probably only be appearing at the parades and castle shows now. Though she might come back for holiday meet and greets. She kind of confirmed it in this video from 1:28 to 1:32, which was recorded back in April. :(

At this rate, she might only become a long lost friend at appear during those weeks? Why are they phasing her out? Is it because they want the Princesses to appear more often, especially since Anna and Elsa are extremely popular. At this rate, the only leading non-princess character we'll be seeing often is Alice, who is wonderful. Have any of you heard more about this?

Last edited:

disneyman87

Original Poster
It looks like she's no longer appearing at Magic Kingdom according to this. :(

Characters: Peter Pan

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/character-meet-and-greets-at-the-magic-kingdom.htm

Plus, someone mentioned this in another thread. :(

I'm not sure if the entertainment budget is park specific, it may be resort wide. But when you think that Wendy was also cut from the MK due to Anna and Elsa costs it seems a lot.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...ed-later-this-year.887593/page-3#post-6242219

Such a shame. Wendy was probably my favorite character that I meet back in 2004.

Last edited:

minsmk

By any chance, did several of the Wendys look strikingly like an Anna or an Elsa? They may be rounding up all the Annas and Elsas and sacrificing the B, C and D characters being cannibalized.

Well, probably not.. Wendy, Alice and Tink's friends are 5'1 to 5'3. While Anna and Elsa's(Along with all the other princesses.) friends are 5'4 to 5'7, so probably not. Wendy isn't my favorite character but it will be sad to see her go :( Also in the case with A&E's friends, most of them are not other characters at all. Only the first few were friends with other princesses, Anna was normally friends with Rapunzel and Ariel. Elsa was friends with Cinderella, Aurora or Vidia(When the nook was still there.).

I was chatting with a few family members today and I mentioned the Anna and Elsa takeover. My family is pretty mixed when it comes to Frozen (Mom loves it, Dad is tired of the hype ect.) and my Dad happened to pipe up and say "It's not going to be Disney World soon, It will be Anna and Elsa world before we know it!" *Slow clap.*

asianway

I've been hearing that Wendy Darling is practically being phased out of meet and greets. She will probably only be appearing at the parades and castle shows now. Though she might come back for holiday meet and greets. She kind of confirmed it in this video from 1:28 to 1:32, which was recorded back in April. :(

At this rate, she might only become a long lost friend at appear during those weeks? Why are they phasing her out? Is it because they want the Princesses to appear more often, especially since Anna and Elsa are extremely popular. At this rate, the only leading non-princess character we'll be seeing often is Alice, who is wonderful. Have any of you heard more about this?

Wendy will always have some presence even if she isn't greeting during a certain bid. And the long lost friends weeks were a one and done, they didn't continue them past ltm.

75disney

What a shame! Peter and Wendy were my girls' favorite M&G this past November. They spent a lot of time with each family and had everyone cracking up. Hopefully she will return at some point. My oldest daughter met Wendy with Peter in 2004, but then she stopped appearing for a few years. We were thrilled to meet her again in Nov. of 2013, especially since my youngest daughter had never met her. Maybe once the Frozen craze is over...

NMBC1993

Such a shame! Why does Disney keep getting rid of characters that guests seem to enjoy? Soon, the only characters that will meet at Disney World will be the Fab 5 and Princesses:arghh:

Maybe that's their overall plan? Cut out all the "useless" characters, and when I say useless I mean the ones they can't market tons of merchandise towards.

disneyman87

Original Poster
Wendy will always have some presence even if she isn't greeting during a certain bid. And the long lost friends weeks were a one and done, they didn't continue them past ltm.

Well she should. Even though it's been six years since this portrait debuted, she was a character who was featured in the Disney Dreams Portrait Series.

giselle_1839622i.jpg

RSoxNo1

By any chance, did several of the Wendys look strikingly like an Anna or an Elsa? They may be rounding up all the Annas and Elsas and sacrificing the B, C and D characters being cannibalized.
I had the exact same thought. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was the case.

wdrive

Maybe if Anna and Elsa find another home outside of Princess Fairytale Hall, then hopefully Wendy will come back to Magic Kingdom more often.

It's unlikely, in theory a tall Wendy could be a small Anna or Elsa but I believe the reason for Wendy being pulled was the increased cost of having Snow White and Aurora meeting on Main Street when Anna and Elsa replaced them in the Fairytale Hall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom