Welp...that seals the deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCheatle

I was considering taking my Christmas bonus and suprising the family with a February trip to WDW. I was really on the fence about it because I just didn't know about taking time off and if my kids would enjoy the cooler temperatures in Florida in February (compared to when we usually go - May or September). However, when I saw the news today that Splash Mountain would be down that sealed the deal for me!! My daughter would absolutely die if that ride was not open for our trip!! I guess we won't be visiting the world again until later!!

What ride referb would be enough for you to postpone your trip?

mouse_luv

I was considering taking my Christmas bonus and suprising the family with a February trip to WDW. I was really on the fence about it because I just didn't know about taking time off and if my kids would enjoy the cooler temperatures in Florida in February (compared to when we usually go - May or September). However, when I saw the news today that Splash Mountain would be down that sealed the deal for me!! My daughter would absolutely die if that ride was not open for our trip!! I guess we won't be visiting the world again until later!!

What ride referb would be enough for you to postpone your trip?

I've gone plenty of times with many of my favorite rides down, but went because I was graced with the opportunity to go. An opportunity that many can only dream about. My DBF has been there 2x in his life and still hasnt been able to ride Test Track b/c they were building it the first time and this last trip it was on refurb. That's one of my fave rides and I didn't die bc it was down, same with haunted mansion being down on my 07 trip. That's my absolute fave ride and it did hurt but I didn't dwell on it and it didn't "kill" me. I just found new things to do that I've never discovered before.

Many people seem to have "brat-itis" where they act like they lost a leg b/c *gasp* a ride is down for a refurb.

As far as Splash is concerned it normally goes down in Winter "slow" season for a refurb. This one seems to be a few weeks longer than usual and its not in Jan(as usual). I'm actually glad it's going to be getting the much needed refurb love, it's pathetic.

Upvote 0

wiigirl

None I would go just to be there :)

Same here...
75.gif

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

We go when we can go and don't worry about refurbs. I'm just blessed that I am able to be there. I may get a little ed, like my hubby was that Test Track was closed this Summer, but we definitely still go!!;)

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

Splash goes down most every January for refurb. It is pretty cold to be getting splashed during that time period anyway.

To answer your question, there is no one attraction, but if all the mountains of the Magic Kingdom were down, I'd probably postpone. If both the Tower of Terror and Rock and RollerCoaster were down, I would probably postpone.

Upvote 0

lostpro9het

I only ride once, maybe twice a weeklong trip anyway so no biggie for me. Besides, the FLE will mostly be open and I would think that would be a decent "make up" for splash being down.

Upvote 0

todpatcam

We're leaving in 8 days and Fast Track is down until the end of the year. This is one of our favorite rides but we love so much in each park - there is not one ride closure that would keep us from canceling a WDW trip. Even if I was hurt and couldn't ride any rides; I would go for the food, people watching, and sites.

Upvote 0

KCheatle

Original Poster
For the record, I didn't "cancel" a trip. I never booked one. I just decided not to book one during a time when I know her favorite ride is down. IMO, might as well wait a few weeks and go when it's open. Wow!! I didn't expect this negative of a response!! o_O

And...I hope it was obvious that I didn't mean "die" in a literal sense - she is 6 and would be very upset if it wasn't open. I went in September 2010 when her then-favorite ride IASW was closed for refurb. At the time we booked, I didn't know it would be down. Once I found I it was down, I didn't cancel the trip. But, it was disappointing for her to not have her favorite ride open and had I known beforehand, I would have probably re-considered my dates. I'm a little surprised no one else seems think that's reasonable??

Upvote 0

bucklepants

I'm with just about everyone else. I would still go, even if my favorite ride is being refurbed, which is actually Space Mnt. I didn't get to ride it last trip because DD is too young for it and we ran out of time to do any swaps. I just figured, oh well, next trip we will do it and it will be a right of passage as DD gets older.

Upvote 0

Britt

Dude, Im totally with you. I LOVE Splash Mountain, it's my absolute favorite ride and the ONLY ride in all the parks that I would wait 45-60 minutes for. I would not schedule a trip for a time when I know it's closed. I would wait and schedule it once I know it's open again.

CANCEL a trip? No, but from the way your post read, it didn't sound like you booked and are now cancelling a trip, it sounds more like you'd rather WAIT until the ride you know your little girl loves, is open. I'd do the same!

Upvote 0

OswaldTheRabbit

Oh I agree with the OP... Splash is one ride I would postpone for. We almost postponed our November trip because my sons favorite rideis down (test track) but realized we wouldn't be able to go again until next fallSo I did it anyway. Here are the ones that I would MAYBE postpone for:

Haunted mansion
Splash mountain
Test track
Tower of terror

May be crazy but these are absolute favorites of ours!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom