Well its been 3 Weeks already!

sum41914

Original Poster
Hi fellow WDWMagicer's :)shrug:)

Its been over 3 weeks since I sent my application for the Summer Alumni program and the tension of waiting is super thick and driving me crazy. Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything from anyone? My room mate from my last program called the office and they told him that there may be another opportunity opening and that may delay the mailing of letters. I hope that if it is an opening in attractions, Wishful think I know but maybe, they will let me switch.

I applied for QFBS only, but i listed a few areas I wanted to work.

1. Animal Kingdom Out Door Foods
2. EPCOT Outdoor foods
3. Typhoon Lagoon
4. Blizzard beach

Hopefully we hear something this week, Im relying on this to occupy my summer otherwise its time to start looking for a better summer job. I mean what can be better then a summer at Disney and getting paid for it?

-Sum

slacker

I can 100% relate. I was put on the waiting list for the Cultural Represtative Program... and the wait is killer!!
I feel your pain! Good luck!

joanna71985

Its been over 3 weeks since I sent my application for the Summer Alumni program and the tension of waiting is super thick and driving me crazy. Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything from anyone? My room mate from my last program called the office and they told him that there may be another opportunity opening and that may delay the mailing of letters. I hope that if it is an opening in attractions, Wishful think I know but maybe, they will let me switch.

2. EPCOT Outdoor foods
3. Typhoon Lagoon
4. Blizzard beach

Hopefully we hear something this week, Im relying on this to occupy my summer otherwise its time to start looking for a better summer job. I mean what can be better then a summer at Disney and getting paid for it?

-Sum

I feel your pain (literally). I applied for the Summer Alumni program too, and it has been 4 weeks and 3 days for me. I really want to know! The ones I applied for are:
1. QSFB TL
2. QSFB BB
3 QSFB MK (I specifically asked for Casey's and the Ice Cream Parlor)

sum41914

Original Poster
I feel your pain (literally). I applied for the Summer Alumni program too, and it has been 4 weeks and 3 days for me. I really want to know! The ones I applied for are:
1. QSFB TL
2. QSFB BB
3 QSFB MK (I specifically asked for Casey's and the Ice Cream Parlor)

I did Quick Foods at MK last summer, I was in Stands East (now its just stands) but it was every land in back and to the right of the Castle (Fantasy, Toon Town, and Tommorwland) every so often they would "deploy" me to Cosmic Rays :hurl: and Main Street Bakery/ Ice Cream. As you can tell from my emoticon there I disliked Cosmics (pan and brooming for 9.5 hours doesn't come across as a good shift and would have rather used up a sick day :drevil:). The Ice cream parlor was great! I loved it the people there are so awesome and having a front row, sort of, seat to the 3 o'clock parade wasn't too bad. I had a friend in Stands who worked at Casey's and enjoyed it so much that the next day she put in a request to our manager to transfer to Casey's.

The best part however about working at MK was seeing Wishes every night! The music really grew on me and I got goosebumps every night when that finally goes off :cry:. I only wish I was there during a Pirate and Princess Party, now those fireworks where amazing when I went to a P&PP before my Diz cruise last August.

I see you asked for TL and BB as well. My thinking behind that was, if you work there you get into the water parks all the time :sohappy:. Other than that I really wanted a change of park for this program so AK and EP is really I really want to be. More specifically I want that Ice Cream cart in front of Everest! or the popcorn cart in front of the American Adventure, I know I won't be able to get that specific but, hey this a Disney board and Dreams really do come true, especially when you wish upon a star.

Gawd I hope I get this letter sometime soon. XXCrosses FingersXX for sometime this week!

joanna71985

I don't think I could ever do foods at AK. My roomie from last summer did, and she hated it. I did Epcot last summer, and I'd prefer to stick to MK again if I could.

I too have my fingers crossed. Let there be good news this week!

zeroFantasy

2. EPCOT Outdoor foods
3. Typhoon Lagoon
4. Blizzard beach

-Sum

They might offer a new role? NOOO :( I already applied and only checked ODF because it's the only thing I can work, literally... (after working at a ride that beats the amount of protein spills, I can never do custodial).

You can actually request areas? I had NO idea!!!

joanna71985

They might offer a new role? NOOO :( I already applied and only checked ODF because it's the only thing I can work, literally... (after working at a ride that beats the amount of protein spills, I can never do custodial).

You can actually request areas? I had NO idea!!!

I am thinking they won't, since it really wouldn't be fair to those who applied already.

And yes, you could preference areas. You could put them on the cover sheet that was faxed in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom