Trip Report Well, I guess this is happening... July 12-28 Trip Report - Pre, Live, and Post

Hello and welcome to another Brifraz trip report. If you traveled with us before you know how it usually works - a brief pre-trip outline of plans, lots of live trip reporting, then after the trip some poorly completed scattered posts to try to wrap things up. Well, I'm doing a legit pre-trip this time. Why? Because there are some issues right now. Maybe you didn't realize that?

Which means I'm going to lead off this thread by opening it up to the debate. It's my thraed and I'm okay with that. A little debate will keep things lively - now I'm not talking about something like the thousand plus pages of debate on the mask/precautions/COVID threads, but a little discussion is totally fine and all opinions are welcome. Now, let me be clear I'm not asking I 'what you would do?' But, after reading things below, I welcome opinions on 'what do you think we would or should do.'

Obviously, you can't get into those kinds of discussions without knowing who we are and what we are all about. Here goes. Feel free to steal our identities if you need to.
6e44e73a-9723-4362-bef0-4b69fa60a0c5.JPG

Our crew is a trio. Two nearly-50 year old adults and a 16 year old rising senior in High School. The two adults are high school teachers and have been since the 1990s. Obviously that means our only potential vacation times are summer and Christmas. Two teacher salaries have by no means made us rich, but we prioritize travel. We feel it 'broadens the mind' even if it is somewhere we've been before - always trying new experiences and interacting with new people (heck, we've driven across the USA 3 times and Canada once). You can see in my signature, we head to WDW often and try very hard to make each trip unique in different ways. We had trips in December (with extended family) and January (as leader of over 100 high school kids plus families) and were planning a summer totally away from the World. We had a vague plan to travel to Europe for a few weeks driving through multiple countries. It was going to be the last big family trip before our daughter goes to college. But we just couldn't afford it - there was just no way to make it work. Since we are DVC and have some family-owned timeshare, we can stay at WDW (or that area) for pretty much nothing more than our expected annual fees and we drive from Maryland, so transportation is pretty cheap. Airfare and hotels around Europe was cost prohibitive. Our daughter already has a senior Disney trip planned with friends for next summer and we were possibly doing a couple trip as well, so buying an AP for late this summer through early next summer is also an expense that we expected (although we didn't expect it until next year). Thus, some time in late January, we decided that we would do some smaller trips (including college visits) around the country and then spend a week at WDW.

Sadly, the smaller trips are pretty much all gone due to the current health crisis. But our WDW trip is not until mid-July, so it might still be happening. Health-wise we are all in pretty good shape. Sure, we've got the usual little things that tend to happen as you get close to 50, but nothing that makes our immune systems compromised and certainly nothing that puts us in a higher risk group. As a pair of high school teachers, we get exposed to pretty much every bug that shows up in our communities and in general we weather things pretty successfully. Our daughter currently works at the local grocery store which similarly puts her 'in harm's way' on a regular basis. While the concern over the coronavirus is certainly in our minds, we also are used to taking precautions and have very little innate fear of getting sick. We also have no problem wearing masks or taking other preventative measures if we are traveling.

Why would we even consider still heading to WDW? Well, just like everyone, the past couple months have been tough for us (obviously, far less difficult than for many). We have been relearning how to do our jobs, we've had to cancel 11 major shows/performances (we both teach performing arts), and we're facing the prospect of our jobs/roles changing dramatically in a few months. Our daughter has (again, obviously) missed out on a number of usual things for HS Juniors and is quite concerned about the prospect of her Senior year being very altered. The stress and uncertainty of these things makes the idea of ANY kind of escapism very appealing - even if it is limited and changed from our usual expectations.

There's a little background on us and some elements of where we are coming from with this (possible) trip. For the sake of discussion, let's assume that WDW will be relatively fully open by mid-July, but with significant precautionary measures in place. I'll be back soon with some of our thoughts on the trip and what we might or might not be planning and doing if it happens.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Back in Hollywood Studios around 5:30pm and heading right down Sunset Blvd for rides on Tower of Terror and then Rockin' Roller Coaster. On Tower, we paused a bit after the first room before going up to the 13th Floor which was a little alarming and disorienting, but isn't that the point with Tower of Terror? Neither ride had even close to a line. On Tower we had to wait for an elevator door to open for us and on Rockin' there wasn't any pause at all - straight onto the limo.

Next we headed to Toy Story Land for a ride on Toy Story Midway Mania.
IMG_0725.JPG

Had to get a cool lens flare picture of Woody on the way in! Again, no wait at all for TSMM. When we finished that, both Slinky Dog Dash and Mickey Minnie Runaway Railway were showing 30 minute waits, so we headed to MMRR for another ride. The wait was really only about 20 minutes and after a second ride, I'd like to confirm that it is simply amazing! Realizing how little time we had used so far, we headed back to Slinky which was now just a 15 minute wait, which was pretty again a bit of an exaggeration (but not too much).
IMG_8816.JPG

With it only being a little bit after 7pm, we headed back to Batuu for a ride before our late Oga's Cantina ADR. Please note - that was Tower, Rockin', Toy Story Midway, Mickey Minnie Railway, and Slinky in an hour and a half. Oh, and we also walked through all the shops on Sunset Blvd with particular time spent looking at Pandora charms.

So, after 7pm, Batuu is pretty darn empty. We rode the Millennium Falcon with zero wait time (although the app was saying 15 minutes) and then just wandered around and did some shopping (got a gift for a friend) and enjoyed the emptiness of it all.
IMG_8824.JPG

Headed into Oga's at about 7:45pm and had a great time. Yes, the ambience is quite different without it being filled up with people, but the staff was still excellent, the drinks very fun, and the music unique! Our first round included the Jedi Mind Trick, Bespin Fizz, and the Hyperdrive.
IMG_8836.JPG

Second round was the Dagobah Slug Slinger, Fuzzy Tauntaun, and Oga's Obsession.
IMG_8845.JPG

We were wrapping up our drinks at about 9:15pm, and had the place almost totally to ourselves.
IMG_8851.JPG

IMG_0736.JPG

And were heading out of the park at 9:20pm. Again, very enjoyable to be the only people within sight in an area that is usually pretty darn crowded with people.
IMG_8860.JPG

Our only concern was finding our car at 9:30pm after a 9pm closing and no fireworks.
IMG_0739.JPG

So, all in all, an excellent day in Hollywood Studios. We didn't have any issues with crowds/distancing/masks throughout the day. The only mask 'concerns' we saw were the older woman in the morning and a dad on his cell phone about 20ft or so behind us as we walked through the line for Millennium Falcon. Seriously, that was it. We got to do every attraction in the park (except Alien Swirling Saucers and One Man's Dream) plus the brand new ride twice in a total of under 5 hours of park/attraction time. And were very happy not to be dealing with any issues with other guests.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the tips. Hope to follow your HS morning plan tomorrow

If you can't get in pretty early (not sure when the Skyliner starts running) you may want to hold off on Mickey Minnie's Railway until late in the day. Our evening ride was a shorter wait than our morning one!

LF85

Back in Hollywood Studios around 5:30pm and heading right down Sunset Blvd for rides on Tower of Terror and then Rockin' Roller Coaster. On Tower, we paused a bit after the first room before going up to the 13th Floor which was a little alarming and disorienting, but isn't that the point with Tower of Terror? Neither ride had even close to a line. On Tower we had to wait for an elevator door to open for us and on Rockin' there wasn't any pause at all - straight onto the limo.

Next we headed to Toy Story Land for a ride on Toy Story Midway Mania.
View attachment 485205

Had to get a cool lens flare picture of Woody on the way in! Again, no wait at all for TSMM. When we finished that, both Slinky Dog Dash and Mickey Minnie Runaway Railway were showing 30 minute waits, so we headed to MMRR for another ride. The wait was really only about 20 minutes and after a second ride, I'd like to confirm that it is simply amazing! Realizing how little time we had used so far, we headed back to Slinky which was now just a 15 minute wait, which was pretty again a bit of an exaggeration (but not too much).
View attachment 485207

With it only being a little bit after 7pm, we headed back to Batuu for a ride before our late Oga's Cantina ADR. Please note - that was Tower, Rockin', Toy Story Midway, Mickey Minnie Railway, and Slinky in an hour and a half. Oh, and we also walked through all the shops on Sunset Blvd with particular time spent looking at Pandora charms.

So, after 7pm, Batuu is pretty darn empty. We rode the Millennium Falcon with zero wait time (although the app was saying 15 minutes) and then just wandered around and did some shopping (got a gift for a friend) and enjoyed the emptiness of it all.
View attachment 485215

Headed into Oga's at about 7:45pm and had a great time. Yes, the ambience is quite different without it being filled up with people, but the staff was still excellent, the drinks very fun, and the music unique! Our first round included the Jedi Mind Trick, Bespin Fizz, and the Hyperdrive.
View attachment 485216

Second round was the Dagobah Slug Slinger, Fuzzy Tauntaun, and Oga's Obsession.
View attachment 485217

We were wrapping up our drinks at about 9:15pm, and had the place almost totally to ourselves.
View attachment 485218
View attachment 485221

And were heading out of the park at 9:20pm. Again, very enjoyable to be the only people within sight in an area that is usually pretty darn crowded with people.
View attachment 485219

Our only concern was finding our car at 9:30pm after a 9pm closing and no fireworks.
View attachment 485222

So, all in all, an excellent day in Hollywood Studios. We didn't have any issues with crowds/distancing/masks throughout the day. The only mask 'concerns' we saw were the older woman in the morning and a dad on his cell phone about 20ft or so behind us as we walked through the line for Millennium Falcon. Seriously, that was it. We got to do every attraction in the park (except Alien Swirling Saucers and One Man's Dream) plus the brand new ride twice in a total of under 5 hours of park/attraction time. And were very happy not to be dealing with any issues with other guests.

I’m glad you were able to find your car in that jam packed parking lot..

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
What??? What do you mean some people aren’t Muppets fans? How is that possible? Muppets 💕

I can't possibly imagine how anyone is not a Muppets fan. But, somehow, there are people out there who are not. I have nothing but the utmost pity for anyone who doesn't find joy in the Muppets. :) For me, the lowest quality things the Muppets have ever done are still a huge notch above just about anything else in the universe.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
I’m glad you were able to find your car in that jam packed parking lot..

The struggle is real. Actually pretty funny when we pulled in after 5pm, there was just one CM in the lot and he was waving us down to the front row. Of course, I followed! He was very excited to have us park there - he said most people just ignore him and park further back not realizing he is trying to get people into the best spots. He also was on duty on the path to the parking lot as we left and had some fun with us there as well.

LF85

The struggle is real. Actually pretty funny when we pulled in after 5pm, there was just one CM in the lot and he was waving us down to the front row. Of course, I followed! He was very excited to have us park there - he said most people just ignore him and park further back not realizing he is trying to get people into the best spots. He also was on duty on the path to the parking lot as we left and had some fun with us there as well.

That’s awesome!

slipperalwaysfits

Sounds like you had a great day at HS!
I'm happy to report that for the 30 minutes we were in line we didn't see a single distancing issue and only saw one person (elderly woman on the phone) with their mask not in the right position.

I don't know if you need your mask off to talk on the phone, I haven't tried it, to be honest. But at Disney, there are a lot of "where are you?" phone calls, but I appreciate the CMS being so vigilant.

It was fun and a good diversion while we were waiting for other things. Did I forget to mention that we had gotten Boarding Group #15 for Rise of the Resistance at 10am?

So glad you got on, I'm looking forward to that ride!

Our lunch ADR at 50's Prime Time was for 12:55pm and we were pretty darn close to that time, so we headed that way pretty quickly to get some lunch. Online 'check-in' for the table worked fine and we were seated just before 1pm. Enjoyed our lunch there, as always, and had some leftovers which will serve us well later this week! And, just one drink at lunch to share.

Glad 50's was nice, I'm guessing the waiter interaction is gone for the time being?

Sweet, being able to get all those rides in in the evening! Like your family, I spend a bit of time ooohhing and ahhhing over the Pandora charms! Did they pick one out!

What a fantastic picture of that area at night!

NICE!!!!!!!!

If you can't get in pretty early (not sure when the Skyliner starts running) you may want to hold off on Mickey Minnie's Railway until late in the day. Our evening ride was a shorter wait than our morning one!

Great Tip!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Good day to everyone. Hope you have had an enjoyable Tuesday. Here in the World, we had a relatively low key day of parks. Didn't wake up too early this morning and @MeffysMom had a work meeting from 8am-10am, so this morning we just relaxed in the room, did some laundry, etc. A little after 10am, we headed to Epcot to try to get in a close to opening and avoid any lines on Frozen and then have some F&W food for lunch. Similar set-up driving in as yesterday at Studios - held at the parking entry plaza until half an hour before opening and then right in with no waits, park open, but rides waiting until close to actual opening time.

So, we found ourselves getting to Norway (after the somewhat convoluted walk through the wall maze of Future World) right at 10am, but... Frozen was down. And stayed down for at least a couple hours. So, we headed around to the UK, picking up some food along the way. Once at Rose and Crown, we got a couple pints and sat to enjoy our food - that's the Impossible Burger slider, the ropa vieja mpanada from the Caribbean kiosk, the cheddar/bacon soup and the filet mignon from Canada.
IMG_8887.JPG

Since we got a table in the bar area, we were able to catch up a bit with Carl (if you don't know him, you should!!) and hear more about the situation with re-opening and how things are going in Epcot. And since there really wasn't a whole lot of business coming through we got to grab a quick picture.
IMG_8890.JPG

It was after noon by this point and the first line of storms had passed through (with another pretty close on it's heels), so we made a quick exit from Epcot to avoid getting too wet and headed back to OKW to relax. Once again, that meant our daughter hanging out in the room while we grabbed a drink at the Gurgling Suitcase.
IMG_8895.jpg

While there, we got to catch up a little bit with Roberto, one of the bartenders there, who is very nice and has become a good friend over the years. So we then headed back to the room and got some rest (and naps) until about 3:15pm when we headed over to Universal to catch just a few rides and then dinner. Not sure why, but when we arrived Minions was totally down which had been one of our primary targets for the evening, so we headed back further into Universal Studios and did Simpsons and Men in Black. We were thinking about doing some Potter rides, but then Minions opened back up and we wanted to get to Toothsome's before park closing so there wasn't too much of a wait for a table. So we hit Minions on the way out and then got to Toothsome's about 5:30pm and there was no wait!
IMG_8904.JPG

IMG_8907.JPG

Yes, that's a huge marshmallow and Rice Krispie treat in the milkshake. Once again, excellent food and drink and a very enjoyable and attentive waitress. I think that makes our 5th or 6th visit over the years and every one has really be great. By the time we left (close to 7pm) the wait for a table was pretty significant - based on the crowd outside, I'd guess an hour - so we were very glad that we had gotten there when we did!

Once back at OKW, we just relaxed at the Turtle Pond pool for a an hour or so and then back to the room and now... to sleep! Tomorrow, the girls are getting up and heading to Universal and IOA while I stay in the room and do some work and then we are possibly all heading to Epcot or just Disney Springs. We shall see!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Talk about a low key day for me today! Yup, for the first time (in forever) I did not visit a park today at all. The girls went to Universal and we all did some Disney Springs time, but for me it was a no park day.

Woke up early as usual and they got ready for Universal pretty soon so they could be there a little before the 9am opening and do as many thrill things as they could. They got there as planned a bit before 9am and made the most of it, for sure! They stayed in the Universal parks for about 2.5 hours and their tally was: Hulk, Spiderman, Forbidden Journey, Hagrid 2x, train to Kings Cross, Gringott's, train back to Hogsmeade, and Hagrid a third time. They had a great time and truly got their thrill on - which is exactly what they should do without me!
IMG_8914.JPG

IMG_8922.JPG

They left Universal at about 11:30am and found their way back to Old Key West. We had lunch in our room and just relaxed a bit while a pretty strong line of showers came through the area. At about 3pm, we started to get back in gear and headed to Disney Springs to get dinner at CityWorks (again). Definitely rising pretty quickly on our ranking of places to eat at DS. Beers were again excellent and we took advantage of the Happy Hour deals and got cheese curds, chicken bites, buffalo chicken dip, and pretzel bites - $7 each and more than enough food for the three of us to be happy.
IMG_8937.jpg

We somehow also managed to find some room for the Snickers Pie for dessert and shared that among the three of us.
IMG_8940.JPG

Once again, the staff was really great with us and we chatted for a while with our server as well as a quick visit with our server from the other night. Lots of fun! (and it didn't hurt that EPL soccer was on the tv)

After dinner, we did a little more shopping (and maybe a little more buying as well for the girls) and then back to Old Key West. So... you know how we are rule followers and have been toeing the line as much as possible... well, tonight we may have stretched things a little bit. Drove back to OKW and @MeffysMom and I wanted another drink at the Gurgling Suitcase and our daughter wanted to head back to the room. So, we let her drive back on her own. Theoretically she should have gotten her license this past week, so technically... okay, moving on from that.

We ended up having a couple drinks tonight. We chatted with Roberto (the regular Gurgling Suitcase bartender) and Joe who is a former Gurgling Suitcase bartender, now working elsewhere. Joe has only recently emerged from nearly a month of quarantine with COVID-19. He had about 2 weeks of serious concerns and then additional time waiting for all the tests and numbers to turn out right. Glad to see him here (we've been following his situation on FB for the past month) and just good to catch up with old friends. Rather than tempt fate by having our daughter come pick us up, we walked back to the room and had to get the mellow night picture of the main resort building at night and with very few people.
IMG_8950.JPG

Hope your Wednesday was a good as ours. Tomorrow we are back at Magic Kingdom and getting a little dressed up, too!

slipperalwaysfits

Catching up on two days here.
Since we got a table in the bar area, we were able to catch up a bit with Carl (if you don't know him, you should!!) and hear more about the situation with re-opening and how things are going in Epcot. And since there really wasn't a whole lot of business coming through we got to grab a quick picture.
Awwwwwwww, glad you got your time with an old friend!

So we hit Minions on the way out and then got to Toothsome's about 5:30pm and there was no wait!

These wait times are amazing! You are timing it right!

headed to Disney Springs to get dinner at CityWorks (again). Definitely rising pretty quickly on our ranking of places to eat at DS. Beers were again excellent and we took advantage of the Happy Hour deals and got cheese curds, chicken bites, buffalo chicken dip, and pretzel bites - $7 each and more than enough food for the three of us to be happy.

I'm putting CityWorks on my list for Disney Springs must-eats.

the Snickers Pie for dessert

YUM!

well, tonight we may have stretched things a little bit. Drove back to OKW and @MeffysMom and I wanted another drink at the Gurgling Suitcase and our daughter wanted to head back to the room. So, we let her drive back on her own. Theoretically she should have gotten her license this past week, so technically... okay, moving on from that.

I'm sure she did a great job driving back and that was such an exciting and independent thing for her!!! I got my license and the next year, ran into both poles in our car port on the SAME DAY. To be fair, it was a rental house and I hadn't learned to drive with a carport. :jawdrop: :arghh: :cautious: Parents weren't too thrilled. I blame the 4 am wake up call.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Good evening, everyone. Great Thursday with Magic Kingdom visits in the morning and evening and some good R&R between. As usual, we were up pretty early and getting dressed a little nicer today. After all, our primary target was getting our daughter some possible Senior Pictures in Magic Kingdom.

So let's start off with the first half of the day. Drove in about half an hour before opening, which meant that we were on the ferry about 15 minutes before opening. A bit cloudier today that things have been in our whole visit. In fact, we got three different periods of pretty heavy rain during the day instead of the usual Florida one (or maybe two) in the summer.
DSC_0222.JPG

Our first stop was the PhotoPass desk in Town Hall to beg to possibly have access to some of the photo session locations where we could have our daughter de-mask and get some pictures. Sadly, no luck with that. But we did know that the Tomorrowland Terrace seating area is a 'relaxation station' which meant that masks could be off in there and that it was a pretty good view of the castle. When we got there, it actually wasn't open yet, but the CM let us go ahead in and get our pictures. Here's one from the end of the session when @MeffysMom joined in the fun a bit.
DSC_0270.JPG

We then headed to Tomorrowland to do a couple rides before heading out. First up was Buzz which we walked right onto, then over to Space Mountain. This is the first example of an actual wait time being as long as stated (in fact a few minutes more) as the wait for Space was listed at 15 minutes and took a little closer to 20. Then we had a relaxing ride on the Carousel of Progess. On the way out, we got to see one of the finest marching bands in the land.
IMG_9039.JPG

And a farewell wave from a few Princesses.
IMG_9045.JPG

For lunch, we were trying the Grand Floridian Cafe for the first time. Really didn't know much about it, but the menu looked decent and we just booked it yesterday - figuring we would be dressed somewhat nice, why not go to the GF!

The biscuits they give you to start were very good and the orange butter delicious.
IMG_9058.JPG

For lunch, we had the steak and eggs (scrambled), the French toast, and the Eggs Benedict - so really, we had more of a breakfast!
IMG_9061.JPG

IMG_9062.JPG

IMG_9063.JPG

And then we finished things off with the Key Lime Pie.
IMG_9067.jpg

Our lunch had been at 11:30am, so we hopped back on the monorail a little before 1pm and headed back to TTC. This was the first major downpour of the day. It didn't hit until we were leaving the parking lot, but boy did it hit! Very glad we were headed back to OKW for a bit.

We stuck around the resort just relaxing and napping a bit until almost 4pm (and another line of rain showers came through) and then we headed back to Magic Kingdom.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Back in the MK around 4pm, we headed to Frontierland to ride Splash and Big Thunder, both for the first time on this trip. On the way back, we happened to catch a mini-parade that was led by Gaston.
IMG_9075.JPG

Followed by a float with Pan and Wendy, Winnie the Pooh, and Aladdin and Mary Poppins (with Tigger walking behind). Take note that Pooh is having some interaction (sorry, I don't speak bear sign language) with one of the Country Bears who was out as well.
IMG_9080.JPG

IMG_9096.JPG

On Splash, I felt the need to get a couple pictures of the little things that make me smile (that might not be there next summer?).
IMG_0756.JPG

IMG_0757.JPG

And it's pretty nice to be able to get an entire log to ourselves - not having to squeeze in at all is pretty darn nice.
IMG_9105.JPG

The wait for Splash was listed at 25 minutes, but was closer to about 15 minutes. We headed right back to Big Thunder, which was similarly showing 20 minutes but ended up being just a little over 10 minutes.
IMG_7499.JPG

After the ride, we dashed over to Tomorrowland to meet a friend of @MeffysMom and spend some time with her and her two sons. But on the way, more Country Bears!
IMG_9109.JPG

This is a friend from a Disney group, so they are touring this week much like we are. We met up and headed right onto Buzz Lightyear and then crossed the park for a ride on the Jungle Cruise. Both enjoyable as always - although our JC Skipper had a little trouble with his script a few times! It was a little after 6pm by this point and we all needed a quick snack, so we took a little break to enjoy some Dole Whips. Then it was back to Frontierland for another ride on the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness.
IMG_9115.JPG

It was almost seven and our friends were heading back to the Contemporary to meet up with their husband/father so we did one last ride on Pirate of the Caribbean before park closing.

And, BTW, no waits for anything except a short wait for Jungle Cruise. So, again with just two hours of touring we did 6 attractions, watched a mini-parade and had some Dole Whips. We got back to the room around 7:30pm (boy, taking the bus is a heckuva lot quicker than driving and monorail/ferry). Right after we got to the room, the third heavy rain of the day hit so we waited out the heaviest stuff and then went up to Goods-to-Go (the OKW quick service) and picked up some dinner. And that brings us up to the present.

Tomorrow we are back to Studios for a day (hopefully) similar to Monday with a slightly later lunch and then a late visit to Oga's booked. See you there!

slipperalwaysfits

Tomorrowland Terrace seating area is a 'relaxation station' which meant that masks could be off in there and that it was a pretty good view of the castle. When we got there, it actually wasn't open yet, but the CM let us go ahead in and get our pictures. Here's one from the end of the session when @MeffysMom joined in the fun a bit.

A lovely shot!! I'm sure there are many more lovely ones, as well! That's so nice of the CM to let you guys in for some photo fun!

then over to Space Mountain. This is the first example of an actual wait time being as long as stated (in fact a few minutes more) as the wait for Space was listed at 15 minutes and took a little closer to 20

Still, a 20 minute wait for Space Mountain is really not so bad...:p But like I always say, when the wait time is more than 15 minutes longer than posted, it's frustrating. Like when it's a 35 minute wait and ends up being an hour, it's frustrating. I mean, I get they can't change the posted wait times constantly but...

For lunch, we were trying the Grand Floridian Cafe for the first time. Really didn't know much about it, but the menu looked decent and we just booked it yesterday - figuring we would be dressed somewhat nice, why not go to the GF!

For lunch, we had the steak and eggs (scrambled), the French toast, and the Eggs Benedict - so really, we had more of a breakfast!

I didn't know the GFC does breakfast food every day!! !This totally makes me want to book it for our fall trip! All of it, including the orange butter, looks amazing! My hubby wants the key lime pie.

What a fun afternoon/evening at MK!! I love the parade! I wonder what the bears were saying? I am guessing it had to do with honey! :p

Splash is always a blast. I love the theming on the ride, but the retheming will be something fun to enjoy, as well. Splash as we currently know it is a classic that will be missed!

Sounds like you had fun with @MeffysMom friend and family! An extra ride on Big Thunder is ALWAYS a good idea! :geek::geek:

Inquiring minds want to know: did you stop at the Gurgling Suitcase on your way home?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom