Well All.....We got hosed again

theSnowman

Original Poster
I found park hours for May posted on another site (I am not sure if they are tentative or what because they are not on the Disney site yet) but the MK is closing an hour (sometimes 2) earlier than last year. What happened to the days when if the MK closed at 9 it was early? Now it seems to be the norm.

Thespis

The Disney site has the "official" times.
These times are subject to change (especially in late May).
IMO, based on previous years experience, the parks will be open later than the currently posted hours.
Check out all those E-Ride nights, though... That's encouraging!

theSnowman

Original Poster
True there are quite a few E-ride nights....looks like 2 during my stay (May 5-16th). I guess I just get a little frustrated. I have been going to Disney just about every year since '83 and it is tough to see things getting cut back. I just have fond memories of when the MK was open till midnight just about every night during the summer. When EPCOT (the whole of EPCOT) would be open till 11. When you walk thru the parks and there were no "empty" buildings where attractions or resturants once were, but nothing replaced them. Sorry for ranting folks.

If they continue with their cutbacks in operating hours we'll accomplish two things......one attraction and one visit to the bathroom for waiting 6 hours in line for that one attraction. Bring back the EE days. We were there again just two weeks ago and the lines were horrible and MGM, EPCOT didn't open until 10! This really is getting ridiculous!

thumper

Thespis, I hope you're right about Disney possibly keeping later hours the last week of May (Memorial Day) since that's when we're going! I'll wait and keep my eyes open for the "official" hours, whatever they may be!:)

Jodigrl328

All the cut backs are disheartening. :( I know the effects of 9/11 have negatively affected disney, but I can't imagine it is as bad as having to cut back summer hours. I hope that this does not happen. I guess we will see.

danamarie27

I was just on disney online and they do not have these hours posted. It really ticks me off that you can't get the information you need from their site. I get all of my information else where. They should be embarrased. :mad:

First off...sorry about the avitar. I will change it soon I promise. I know some people do like everyone using the same one.

The reason parks do not post some of the hours that far in advance is that because they are not set 100%(most time even after the are set they can always be changed) Alot of factors can go into why the hours may differ from what they we first planed to be. So please do vist the actual websites of these parks or please do call. Because they are some very good websites out there that have all the best in mind. But they do not know (in most cases) what the actual hours are going to be in advance.(say 2 or 3 months)

Tramp

In the late 70s and early 80s, in the summer, the MK was open til 1am....the Main Street stores closed at 2am...of course, there were NO other parks...

I refuse to patronize the E-Ride nights...it's a matter of principle with me that I refuse to pay extra for something I use to get for free....and as long as you support E-Ride nights, the parks will close early to accommodate you.

...it would be nice to see Disney fans stand up in numbers against these cutbacks in hours, but that thought is better served in Fantasyland.

hallowboy11

Originally posted by Tramp
In the late 70s and early 80s, in the summer, the MK was open til 1am....the Main Street stores closed at 2am...of course, there were NO other parks...

I refuse to patronize the E-Ride nights...it's a matter of principle with me that I refuse to pay extra for something I use to get for free....and as long as you support E-Ride nights, the parks will close early to accommodate you.

...it would be nice to see Disney fans stand up in numbers against these cutbacks in hours, but that thought is better served in Fantasyland.

I definitely remember those late hours! Of course, I was a child at the time. But I remember it vividly because that was the only time in my life my parents ever let me stay up past midnight! :)

And while I agree that it doesn't make sense that we should have to fork over $12 extra bucks for extra park hours - simply boycotting them won't make a difference.

There are two things that we all can do.
1. Write Disney at wdw.guest.communications@disney.com - where the executives who make the hours decisions will hear.
2. Pack our rear ends up and head to WDW! - The best way to get more hours is by showing more support!

Now, I'm just as upset as everyone about not getting the night hours. To me, night-time in Disney World is the ABSOLUTE BEST time to be there. But having the E-Ticket nights does give us that night-time and it gives Disney a little compensation to stay open. And I'm just about to get heavily screwed on my trip down in two weeks. Which brings me to my next point...

APRIL 6th - 13th!! If anyone reading this is heading down that week, PLEASE write Disney and let them know how you feel about the really awful hours and lack of a single E-Ticket Night!
wdw.guest.communications@disney.com

I checked the hours yesterday and they actually JUST REDUCED those hours by an hour or two! Please write them ASAP!

Hmm.. I think I'll even start a new thread with this info...

Keep smilin!

- Kevin

fngoofy

You have not lived until you have ridden the Haunted Mansion like 15 times straight between 11pm and 1am. I used to get in staring contest with CMs cause there would be just like 5 or 10 people in each group and the CMs were pretty into staying in character.

Lots of fun, all we need now is for demand to be that high again. I guaranty you that if there were so many people packing into the park, they would keep it open. Can you imagine eRide nights that went from 1am-3am?

Just a couple of quick observations.

During the 80's when you claim park hours were that long, there were also only 2 parks. 2 Parks= less places for all those guests to go, plus PI and DTD west side was not developed for guests to go at night.

2nd of all.. in your note you mention how you went on rides over and over again without waiting, is that good business sense to keep the park open that late when there is not enough demand to have any type of a line at all? No. It is not. The hours posted on intercot BTW were not finalized hours and probably will be changed depending on how the attendance for this week looks. Go by the hours on disney.com or here at wdwmagic if he posts a specific change.

foxfire

Yeah, those were the good days. I started going in 85 and have been there at least 2-3 times a year since. Even the early 90's weren't too bad as far as hours.

I was just there in Feb. and even PI was dead. True, it was freezing cold and raining, but I've been there before during bad weather and it never stopped the crowds.

I hope we don't lose more rides before things start to pick back up. BTW- is there a site that has a breakdown of the daily operating costs?

danamarie27

I have emailed guest communications twice. I haven't heard anything back. It kinda sucks spending all that money for a trip and not knowing what hours the park is going to have, whether there will be night parades, etc. Finding out hours so late makes it difficult to plan dinners. I'm going in October and have no idea what to expect. I won't find out till Late August. The whole e-night thing sounds like a blast because of the limited amount of tickets sold. I would purchase them even if the hours were extended. Boycotting the E-night has nothing to due with the hours being cut. It was there before the cut-backs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom