Well All.....We got hosed again

figmentbaby

Ok I'm going during memorial day weekend and if someone finds out about the hours of any parks during that time, please please please tell me...i'm not flying all the way from manhattan for nothing! thanx!!! :D

2much2do

I believe you can call up and ask for May hours and the CM will be happy to give them to you. I just called and got the official hours for May4-May16 as well as parade and firework schedules. As an aside:
I just spoke to my dear friend Tammy. Tammy was a WDW castmember for five years. Her husband was a CM for eight years. They both left WDW two years ago. She said the hours they told me for May were pretty typical of May hours in years past. She said (she was just down there last week) the food prices were the same as last year at this time (her parents are down there and they go three times a year). She said the hours are always shorter when they do not anticipate lots of crowds like they do at spring break, and other holidays. She said that in her opinion, everything seems to be back to usual. I like her opinion, and I think lots of people have become overly critical of WDW in recent months and especially on this website. Fantasmic, Spectromagic and all the new parades are scheduled for my visit, and Tammy says she saw them too. MK/MGM will be open until 10 PM for several of the days during my stay as well. AK to 6 and Epcot to 9 with Illuminations. Also, as several cm on this site have stated before. Disney is very flexible with the hours, and if there are crowds, they will open the parks later. ALso, did you all know that even if the official ope nign time for a park is say...9AM, they will have the ticket booths and gate open about half and hour early as well as some of the shops? You can get your ticket, rent your stroller, buy a pin and walk to your first ride all before the official opening time. Let's cut out all the whinning! :rolleyes:

Mr. Toad

2much2do - Thanks for the info, I just called Disney and got the park hours for the time I will be there in early May. The CM on the phone seemed surprised that neither the phone system nor the web site had the hours posted.

As for the old days (like the 70's) when MK was open later, one thing I remember was that after the rides closed, the shops, particularly on Main Street, stayed open and they seemed to do unbelievable business as the park was emptying out. We would often wait until closing and then stop at the candy shop or bakery and get something sweet to eat. Then buy a shirt or toy at the Emporium, get a balloon (or popcorn) and then catch the resort monorail. Now it seems when the park closes the shops do too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom