Trip Report Welcome to summer at WDW! Where it's hot hot hot and clothes don't matter

Seriously, the lack of clothing on some people was questionable :cautious::bored:

Hello! I've been back from my short and sweet trip for a few weeks and I am sooo ready to relive it through this TR! This was a nice long weekend trip that went by way too fast! I must apologize in advance for some of my pictures, they are pretty terrible. Most of them are from my iPhone and I was walkin' and snappin' away!

Saturday, July 14 : Arrival day & EPCOT!

I'm a late college attendee (like I dropped out because I was young and dumb and didn't know what I wanted to do. Boy am I paying for that now!). This summer I took 3 classes, one of which is a month long class. Of course, the first test for this month long class opened on 7/14 and closed on 7/15 :(. This meant I had to be up at midnight when my test window opened (I take my classes online). Anyway i'm only including this because it's the reason I only got about an hour of sleep before my alarm clock when off. Oh well!

So around 3 a.m. we headed to the airport. We found parking quickly this time and headed to security...

...to our surprise TSA wasn't even open yet!

Turns out, security at the Memphis airport does not open until 4 a.m.! WHY. WHY WHY WHY. We went and sat down to wait and watched the line grow.

(I promise you, this line looks like nothing but it was huge for Memphis! Plus you can't see all of the people waiting off to the right. It was ridiculous)

Anyway, we finally made it to our gate at 4:30 a.m. for 4:45 a.m. boarding! Once on the plane we had to wait for other people who were still stuck in the security line. Come on Memphis!! Open the line earlier!! Ugh. Our flight was supposed to leave at 5:15, but it was almost 6 when we finally took off.

We've been rewatching The Office on Netflix, so that was our entertainment on the flight.

We landed around 8:30 a.m. and made our way to DME

We walked right onto a bus and 5 minutes later we were on the way to the bubble.

We're here!!!

Dropped our bags off at Bell Services, stopped by the food court for muffins and cokes (we needed our caffeine today), and bought some sunscreen at Maestro Mickey's.

Our destination for the day

We're ready!

Hello, beautiful SSE

Our first stop was Soarin'. It had about a 30 minute wait but it wasn't bad. We passed the time by playing on the new parks app.

Soarin' was great, but I still miss the original.

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
After Illuminations, we decided we had enough energy to walk over to the Boardwalk. This was our first time walking this way and the Epcot resorts are much closer than I realized!!

Hi Yacht Club!

The beautiful Boardwalk Resort

The Boardwalk is (or should I say was) Cody's favorite resort.

These chairs are what nightmares are made of!

I must say, exploring the Boardwalk really put the DVC bug deeper in our ears than it already was. Hmmm...

We called it a night, grabbed a bus to MK, then a bus to Music. We never did receive a "room is ready" text, but luckily the app had our number. We were in Calypso, ground floor pool view room (also handicap accessible). This is the only pic I took.

We took hot showers, watched some Stacey, and got into our comfy king size bed. We set our alarm clock (dun dun dunnnnnn) for Early Morning Magic tomorrow!

eliza61nyc

Hey Morgan,
Thanks for the pictures, great report.

LOL, a rainbow ring around the sun has two names depending on where you're from. 1) Halo and 2) some in the south call it God's glory or simply glory.
rainbows also form rings called sundogs. basically they are all formed from ice crystals that are really really high in the atmosphere.

I hear ya on the Memphis airport ridiculousness. My husband is from Memphis, and we flew back there in April for a wedding. It's become a ghost town! I think I may have seen tumbleweeds... Though, we're also pretty spoiled living in Atlanta.

Enjoying your report!

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
Really enjoying your report!
Thank you!!

Just now joining in! Excited to read about your trip. That's annoying that Memphis doesn't open their line earlier! Not at all surprising though...I think only like 5 people work at that place these days :cautious:
Yay! I know, right?! Hopefully with the remodel it gets better. We shall see!

Hey Morgan,
Thanks for the pictures, great report.

LOL, a rainbow ring around the sun has two names depending on where you're from. 1) Halo and 2) some in the south call it God's glory or simply glory.
rainbows also form rings called sundogs. basically they are all formed from ice crystals that are really really high in the atmosphere.
Thank you!! Cody said it was a sundog! But I thought sundogs were something different? Anyways, thank you for the explanation!!!!! :)

I hear ya on the Memphis airport ridiculousness. My husband is from Memphis, and we flew back there in April for a wedding. It's become a ghost town! I think I may have seen tumbleweeds... Though, we're also pretty spoiled living in Atlanta.

Enjoying your report!
It totally is! I've flown into Atlanta a bunch of times, total 180 from what Memphis is!

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
Sunday, July 15 - Magic Kingdom

I woke up Sunday morning feeling refreshed and well rested. I glanced at the alarm clock and I may or may not have yelled out OH $#*%!!! It was 7:30 am! We were supposed to be at MK RIGHT NOW!!! Silly me set my alarm for 6 am, but it was my weekday alarm. That's not gonna work on a Sunday! We jumped out of bed, got ready to go (thank goodness for showering that night), and ran to the bus stop. We debated calling an Uber but luckily a bus was pulling up within a few minutes.

Hello MK!

We walked right on SDMT, which was pretty awesome

Winnie the Pooh was next (I still need to go see Christopher Robin!)

A lovely empty Fantasyland on the way to Peter Pan. We walked right on this ride too!

We then ran back and rode SDMT again. Again we walked right on!

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
It was about 8:45 am when we finished riding everything (we got there around 8:15-8:20??) and we wanted to be at Haunted Mansion close to park opening, so we headed to the breakfast buffet you get with Early Morning Magic.

Breakfast was good! It's just the typical Disney buffet so nothing special. SO. Early Morning Magic is $67 per person, which includes limited attractions in Fantasyland (SDMT, PP, and Pooh), along with breakfast. It is from 7:45 am - 9:00 am. Do I think it was worth it? I think it was, but it was pretty pricey! Even though we were late, we rode PP 1x, Pooh 1x, and SDMT 2x within about 20 minutes. If we had been there on time we could have rode the rides many more times. Would I do it again? YEP!

Anyway, moving on! Time to head to Haunted Mansion!

The wait said 10 minutes, but we walked right in

Quick pics on the way to IASW

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster

We passed by the eggroll cart in Adventureland, and I decided to try the infamous cheeseburger eggrolls.

After watching the Tim Tracker vlogs, I was expecting to be blown away. So how where they?? Meh. They didn't really taste great to me. I'm also pretty sure these made me feel real sick later than afternoon :cry:

The Enchated Tiki Room was starting in 2 minutes, so we went in. I've never seen this before and I loved it! The announcer before the show was awesome, I wish I had caught his name!

Our FP+ for Pirates was ready!

Lunch time!

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
We toured this restaurant back in 2012 before New Fantasyland officially opened, so we were excited to finally eat here!

I ordered the potato leek soup, Cody ordered the croque monsieur (I had a few bites), and we shared the Master's cupcake. Everything was great!

I was decked out in BATB today, so I had to get my pic in front of the Beast's castle. My cousin got me those ears for Christmas, and my aunt got me the necklace i'm wearing. Love it!

We picked up a fp for Buzz, so our next destination was Tomorrowland

First, the TTA

Aaaand the ride stopped and the lights came on. I thought were going to get an evac, but eventually the ride started again

Time for Buzz!

I meant to research where the 100,000 targets were, but I never did. I probably wouldn't have been able to hit them anyway :rolleyes:

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
It was around this time that I started to feel awful, so we headed out of the park for an afternoon break.

Snagged a couple photopass pics

Dapper Dans were out!

See ya tonight MK

We stopped in the Emporium before we left, because I had to have these ears. Aren't they so cute?!

Finally back to Music

We rested for a few hours before heading back to the MK.

mlegerto

Sorry a bit late to the party, but following along now! I've caught up, so ready for more!

This meant I had to be up at midnight when my test window opened (I take my classes online). Anyway i'm only including this because it's the reason I only got about an hour of sleep before my alarm clock when off. Oh well!

Hey, if there is any reason to sacrifice sleep and only get an hour or so it's Disney!

So around 3 a.m. we headed to the airport. We found parking quickly this time and headed to security...

...to our surprise TSA wasn't even open yet!

This happened to us in December (but from Toronto) for our Christmas trip to WDW. Not only we were there the 2 hours before flight time as suggested and the TSA wasn't open, when we got to our gate they announced that the flight would be delayed by 30 minutes because the original flight time was scheduled for 30 minutes before the control tower would open. Umm....you didn't know the airports hours when you scheduled/booked the first flights of the day? SO frustrating!

This lady seems to have lost her shirt :bored:

WOW...like for real? Where did this lady think she was, Woodstock?

These chairs are what nightmares are made of!

Terrifying, simply terrifying.

I must say, exploring the Boardwalk really put the DVC bug deeper in our ears than it already was. Hmmm...

Mmmmmhm....couldn't agree more. Every time we visit the deluxe resorts I am SO thankful for our DVC membership. Otherwise we would NEVER be able to afford staying there or going as frequently as we do. And with our first little "bubs" to arrive shortly, I am so thrilled that he will get to experience many trips as well.

After watching the Tim Tracker vlogs, I was expecting to be blown away. So how where they?? Meh. They didn't really taste great to me. I'm also pretty sure these made me feel real sick later than afternoon :cry:

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that they weren't good AND that they may have lead to you feeling sick. I haven't tried them yet myself either, but they were on my list as something to try!

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
following along. Great TR so far, can't wait for more!! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you for reading! :)

Sorry a bit late to the party, but following along now! I've caught up, so ready for more!

Hey, if there is any reason to sacrifice sleep and only get an hour or so it's Disney!

This happened to us in December (but from Toronto) for our Christmas trip to WDW. Not only we were there the 2 hours before flight time as suggested and the TSA wasn't open, when we got to our gate they announced that the flight would be delayed by 30 minutes because the original flight time was scheduled for 30 minutes before the control tower would open. Umm....you didn't know the airports hours when you scheduled/booked the first flights of the day? SO frustrating!

WOW...like for real? Where did this lady think she was, Woodstock?

Terrifying, simply terrifying.

Mmmmmhm....couldn't agree more. Every time we visit the deluxe resorts I am SO thankful for our DVC membership. Otherwise we would NEVER be able to afford staying there or going as frequently as we do. And with our first little "bubs" to arrive shortly, I am so thrilled that he will get to experience many trips as well.

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that they weren't good AND that they may have lead to you feeling sick. I haven't tried them yet myself either, but they were on my list as something to try!

Thanks for joining the party ;) also congratulations!!! I've read some of your TR but I need to finish reading! I'm WAY behind!

So true, I will sacrifice sleep anytime for Disney! Ugh that is frustrating! Our flight wasn't delayed until after we boarded. I think we had to wait on maybe 5 people who were stuck in the security line.

Girl :oops: she is one of MANY I saw dressed like this! Even young girls were dressed like that (in like a sports bra and some Nike pro type shorts). I have a 6 year old and there is NO FREAKING WAY she would EVER dress like that in public. No thank you!

Creepiest chairs ever! DVC membership *may or may not* have become a reality here recently :joyfull:

I say still try them out! You may like it! Always fun to try new things!!

Gorgeous pictures
Thank you!!!

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
Sunday, July 15 - an evening at MK

Thankfully after a nice rest in the ac, I was feeling much better! We hopped on a bus back to MK

No smoking, no eating or drinking, no......toasters? What is this??

Beautiful Main Street USA

Had to stop for pics. I also swapped my BATB ears for rose gold ears tonight

:inlove:

Hello gorgeous!

We picked up a fp earlier for Jungle Cruise. We were about 15 minutes early but they let us through anyway. I love all of the details in the queue

Our skipper was good, but the audience was pretty lame. Oh wellllllllllll

We took a magic carpet ride next, which turned out to be terrible. A family who was in front of us got in our ride vehicle instead of the one in front of it. They didn't know you could control the carpet to go up and down. Needless to say, it was a very disappointing ride lol. I don't know why we didn't get up and go to the one they were supposed to go to. :rolleyes:

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
We still had time before our dinner ADR, so we decided to go see Mickey's Philharmagic. I spy our dinner location for the night!

Time for dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern

We were seated at a cute little table

And right after I took this, someone in the kitchen dropped a whole crate of glasses :eek: I think everyone in our section of the restaurant clapped

Soon our food arrived. First up was salad and rolls

Followed by a delicious Thanksgiving feast!

And the best part. Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake :hungry:

Dinner was delicious! I can't wait to go back to LTT!!

We had a fp for Barnstormer. Off to Storybook Circus!

I'm guessing this is Tron construction? Maybe? Probably not

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom