Trip Report Welcome to summer at WDW! Where it's hot hot hot and clothes don't matter

Seriously, the lack of clothing on some people was questionable :cautious::bored:

Hello! I've been back from my short and sweet trip for a few weeks and I am sooo ready to relive it through this TR! This was a nice long weekend trip that went by way too fast! I must apologize in advance for some of my pictures, they are pretty terrible. Most of them are from my iPhone and I was walkin' and snappin' away!

Saturday, July 14 : Arrival day & EPCOT!

I'm a late college attendee (like I dropped out because I was young and dumb and didn't know what I wanted to do. Boy am I paying for that now!). This summer I took 3 classes, one of which is a month long class. Of course, the first test for this month long class opened on 7/14 and closed on 7/15 :(. This meant I had to be up at midnight when my test window opened (I take my classes online). Anyway i'm only including this because it's the reason I only got about an hour of sleep before my alarm clock when off. Oh well!

So around 3 a.m. we headed to the airport. We found parking quickly this time and headed to security...

...to our surprise TSA wasn't even open yet!

Turns out, security at the Memphis airport does not open until 4 a.m.! WHY. WHY WHY WHY. We went and sat down to wait and watched the line grow.

(I promise you, this line looks like nothing but it was huge for Memphis! Plus you can't see all of the people waiting off to the right. It was ridiculous)

Anyway, we finally made it to our gate at 4:30 a.m. for 4:45 a.m. boarding! Once on the plane we had to wait for other people who were still stuck in the security line. Come on Memphis!! Open the line earlier!! Ugh. Our flight was supposed to leave at 5:15, but it was almost 6 when we finally took off.

We've been rewatching The Office on Netflix, so that was our entertainment on the flight.

We landed around 8:30 a.m. and made our way to DME

We walked right onto a bus and 5 minutes later we were on the way to the bubble.

We're here!!!

Dropped our bags off at Bell Services, stopped by the food court for muffins and cokes (we needed our caffeine today), and bought some sunscreen at Maestro Mickey's.

Our destination for the day

We're ready!

Hello, beautiful SSE

Our first stop was Soarin'. It had about a 30 minute wait but it wasn't bad. We passed the time by playing on the new parks app.

Soarin' was great, but I still miss the original.

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
Next, we hopped in the 10 minute line for LWTL.

Woohoo front row!

I always forget how much I enjoy LWTL. I need to do the Behind the Seeds tour one day!

Here's a random shot of the "hot air" balloons. I love these!

Our FP+ for Nemo was almost over so that was our next stop

We explored the aquariums after. These tanks gave me a headache!

Then we hit up our SSE FP+. Is it just me, or is it really warm in here?

Guess I wasn't cool enough for the picture :rolleyes:

We were STARVING, so we stopped at Electric Umbrella for a quick lunch. I had a kids cheeseburger meal and Cody had the brisket sandwich. Mine was ok, but Cody's sandwich was very tasty! We were so hungry that I forgot to take pics!

After lunch, we stopped by Test Track to see what the wait time was. 120 standby vs. 10 single rider. Single rider it is! We pretty much walked on the ride. Cody was a few cars ahead of me.

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
After Test Track, it was time to explore World Showcase!

On our walk over there, we noticed the sun had a "ring" around it. Neat! I know this has a name but I couldn't remember what it is called or why it happens. I'm pretty sure I looked like a crazy person taking this

Hello Mexico!

I know some people don't like Coco being in the Mexico pavilion, but I like it! Too bad I can't watch the movie because it makes me cry like a baby!

We hopped on The Three Caballeros

Poor Donald...

I love the inside of the pavilion. SO pretty!

We headed to Norway next. The meet and greet for Anna & Elsa was only 10 minutes, so I forced Cody to go meet them. At first he wasn't going to be in the pictures with me but he changed his mind.

Both Anna & Elsa like my "frozen fractal" ears and tank top!

Next we had a FP+ for Frozen

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
I'm not a huge Frozen fan, but this ride is adorable. However I got soaked on this! The left side of my body was drenched!!

Next up, China. We took our time exploring and looking around the shops

Continuing on our way..

I saw a snake swimming in the lake! EEEEEK! Silly me didn't take a picture (let's be honest, it would have been a terrible picture).

We kept walking past the African Outpost

Hello Germany!

I had 3 things I wanted to accomplish in Germany. 1: Grapefruit beer, 2: pretzel, 3: Pickle ornament.

I never did get my pickle ornament! I've been meaning to get one since 2015! I'm sure I can go to Hobby Lobby right now and pick one up for $2, but it just wouldn't be the same! (I know i'm ridiculous). Oh well! I love the Christmas store!

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
Nice report so far. My husband and I were down there the same time as you, and I agree it was super hot!

Thanks! Awe how fun! Yes it was soooo hot!!

Great report so far

Following along

Max

Thanks Max! :)

Following along!!
I highly recommend the Behind the Seeds tour!! It’s very interesting & a lot of fun!!

Thank you! It's on my bucket list!! I still need to read your TR! I'm seriously slacking

LisaBelle

Excited to see that you started your report. I am almost finished uploading my pictures. Stupid photobucket is slow and it seems like every other picture doesn’t load at all and I need to upload it again! Grrr! The grapefruit beer in Germany is my favorite!!!! My sister wanted to buy a pickle ornament but I don’t think she actually bought one. Looking forward to reading more!

LowesChevy

You have to love the fact that the airlines operate flights before the airport officially opens in the morning. Seems like it could be solved with a phone call and maybe the checking of a schedules! At least you didn't have to worry about making a connection. That is so unDisney :rolleyes:

Looking forward to the rest of the report. :cool:[/QUOTE] plus yea people not dressing appropriately for public is no good haha

LeighM

Oh my gosh, you reminded me that I wanted to get a pickle ornament there during my March trip. Isn't now a good time to think about it LOL?

Also, I had a college class with a woman in her early 60s when I was a junior. She dropped out a couple years before graduation because she got married and had kids. She had to wait until her kids were grown before she could go back to finish her degree. But she told me that it was easier for her in her 60s than when she was younger because of more life experience and maturity. She helped calm me down every time I thought that economics course was going to be the death of me LOL.

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
Excited to see that you started your report. I am almost finished uploading my pictures. Stupid photobucket is slow and it seems like every other picture doesn’t load at all and I need to upload it again! Grrr! The grapefruit beer in Germany is my favorite!!!! My sister wanted to buy a pickle ornament but I don’t think she actually bought one. Looking forward to reading more!
I can't wait to read yours!! I used photobucket a while back, but I've switched to smugmug and I like it much better. I love the grapefruit beer!! It's a must do for me in Germany :)

I'm in! Thanks for reporting!
Yay! Thanks for reading!

Yay! I'm in! So jealous you were down there again! Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip!
Hooray! The rest of our Epcot day is coming right up!

Following along! Hope you enjoyed your grapefruit beer in Germany :happy:
We LOVE the grapefruit beer!!

Following along! looks like a great start!
Thanks! We had a great day :)

You have to love the fact that the airlines operate flights before the airport officially opens in the morning. Seems like it could be solved with a phone call and maybe the checking of a schedules! At least you didn't have to worry about making a connection. That is so unDisney :rolleyes:

Looking forward to the rest of the report. :cool: plus yea people not dressing appropriately for public is no good haha

That is so true! They're remodeling the airport so hopefully with that will come better organization! Yeah, I saw some stuff that seared my eyeballs :oops: lol!

Oh my gosh, you reminded me that I wanted to get a pickle ornament there during my March trip. Isn't now a good time to think about it LOL?

Also, I had a college class with a woman in her early 60s when I was a junior. She dropped out a couple years before graduation because she got married and had kids. She had to wait until her kids were grown before she could go back to finish her degree. But she told me that it was easier for her in her 60s than when she was younger because of more life experience and maturity. She helped calm me down every time I thought that economics course was going to be the death of me LOL.
Lol! I wish you could order it on the parks app! Oh college is a complete 180 now from what I experience when I was 18-20ish. I'll be 30 next year and I wish I had this dedication when I was younger! I still procrastinate, but not as bad haha! I graduate May 2019 and it can't get here fast enough!

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
More Germany pics

We skipped Italy for now since we would be back here for dinner. I snapped a quick pic

I took this random shot of SSE at some point, so here ya go!

We stopped inside the American Adventure to rest and cool off. I was so excited because in 10 minutes the Voices of Liberty would be performing!!

And here's their lovely photo from the back!

Ha! I made Cody get up and move to the other side so we could watch. O.M.G. They are absolutely amazing! I HIGHLY suggest stopping by to listen if you are in the area!!! I have a video of them and I need to figure out how to get it uploaded on here

ALSO! Most of the singers are in a group called Voctave. Look them up on YouTube!! You won't regret it! I can't pick a favorite song because they are all done so beautifully!

After being amazed by VoL, we headed to Japan! Fun fact: my grandmother is from Okinawa! My mom was born there but they moved to the U.S. when she was a baby. I've grown up with Japanese food/cartoons/songs etc etc. Visiting Japan is #1 on my bucket list!

We headed into Mitsukoshi to try and find my favorite Japanese candy but they were out :cry:

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
We checked out the Kawaii exhibit while we were there. It's so cute!

Morocco!

I'm not sure why I took this, but here are some palm trees! You're welcome.

France! Happy Bastille Day! The next day France won the World Cup! I bet the France pavilion was a big party that day!

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
We went in to watch Impressions de France (aka nap time and a/c break!)

We looked at the ice cream inside L'Artisan des Glaces, but we didn't get anything since dinner time was getting close

We stopped to watch the street performers

This lady seems to have lost her shirt :bored:

Hello United Kingdom!

I love the tea store. So cute!

By the time we got to Canada, we were really feeling run down. We decided to take another break and watch O, Canada. But first, pictures!

I'm not gonna lie, I totally laid down on the floor and rested my head on my backpack. My back was killing me (honestly it hasn't been the same since I had an epidural in 2012). It was exactly what I needed though, I felt so much better afterwards!

We (I) made the decision to take the boat across the lake so we wouldn't have to walk as far.

DisneyMorgan

Original Poster
We made it to Italy!

Time for dinner at Via Napoli. I've heard mixed reviews on this place, but we wanted to try it out anyway.

The view from our table

We split the arancini and a quattro formaggi pizza. The arancini was ok, but the pizza was delicious!

After dinner we made our way over to get dessert. At some point that day we passed the Guardians of the Galaxy concert thing but we never stopped to watch.

I had to stop and get a pic!

Dessert time! The croissant donut with chocolate ice cream. This was delicious! It would have been better with vanilla though.

We tried to ride Figment, but the ride closes at 7pm! Oh well, see you next time Figgy

No water, just rocks. I think Cody was questioning my photo taking at this point lol

You can never have enough pics of SSE

After riding Frozen earlier, I grabbed another FP+ for Illuminations. There have been so many rumors about this show being replaced/revamped/etc., so I wanted to make sure to have a great view *just in case* this would be my last time seeing it like this. Illuminations is my absolute favorite show and I will cry forever if that take it away :cry:

We went to wait in line and soon we were let in. This is as far as we could go

The sunset was beautiful (from what we could see)

I didn't take any photos of the show, but I did post some video to instagram that I lost somehow. I have this one lovely photo.

And another lovely photo of the CM in his fireworks attire

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom