Weirdest thing to happen to you in the parks.

wdwjmp239

I remember staying at the Polynesian one year with a friend of mine (I was much younger) and actually fell asleep on the monorail. I'm not sure how many times the monorail went around the loop, but it was just funny, but yet concerning that no one had noticed I was passed out. Some twenty years later - you have to hear how the story went from me just wanting to go hotel hopping to doing a bar crawl (yeah...I'm not a big drinker and at the prices Disney charges for booze? I'll pass.) to I'm not even sure what version the story is in now, but it comes up from time to time when I start reminiscing about my Disney past. LOL!

What I do remember is this - it was about 7:30pm when I got on....and close to 10pm when I woke up and got off at The Contemporary looking for my room and finally realizing that I wasn't staying there (Pre Bay Lake Tower Days...if this gives you any idea how far back this happened). So, if you were one of those people who saw some dude passed out cold on the monorail back in the day.... HI THERE! Yes...my nap was pretty epic!

draybook

Original Poster
Today in the Small World queue, some lady was trying to touch my youngest son's hand as well as some other little ones in line. I don't think she meant any harm but she definitely had to be from a foreign country where that behavior is normal.

EdnaMode

My friend broke my nose on a ride. We both leaned towards each other pretty suddenly to protect our faces when we were about to get splashed. She's tall, I'm not...and her elbow made contact with my nose.

Maelstrom Troll

Ok so maybe it’s not the parks but we just got off the Disney Magic and it was bizarre how many people wore incredibly skimpy swimsuits in the family pool area. One in particular was a very voluptuous woman in a thong unitard. The really weird thing is that my wife didnt believe me......until the next morning when the woman was in line for food....at Cabanas....in her THONG. No pants. No coverup. No towel. Apparently 🍑 were on the buffet that day 😮😮😮😮

Nottamus

A few years back, we were leaving AK and there used to be a smoking section right outside the gate. (my wife used to smoke)
we were sitting on a curb and there was a woman smoking on the next curb with her two younger daughters.

All of a sudden they started screaming and stomping on something, my wife saw what it was right away. It was a BABY snake. maybe 6 inches long. Now, my wife works at a zoo, and is very pro wildlife....and pretty much went over and had to raise her voice to get the girls to stop stomping on the snake. (the Mom said and did nothing)

The snake was hurt, but alive. The mom and daughters just walked away. Cast members came over, and they and my wife put back in the wooded area in hopes it would survive. It slithered away.....hopefully lived.

OK...NOW the weird thing...

as we walked to buses, we caught up with the girls and the mom...who ALL had "save the wildlife" type backpacks, hats and clothing.

ninjaprincesst

A few years back, we were leaving AK and there used to be a smoking section right outside the gate. (my wife used to smoke)
we were sitting on a curb and there was a woman smoking on the next curb with her two younger daughters.

All of a sudden they started screaming and stomping on something, my wife saw what it was right away. It was a BABY snake. maybe 6 inches long. Now, my wife works at a zoo, and is very pro wildlife....and pretty much went over and had to raise her voice to get the girls to stop stomping on the snake. (the Mom said and did nothing)

The snake was hurt, but alive. The mom and daughters just walked away. Cast members came over, and they and my wife put back in the wooded area in hopes it would survive. It slithered away.....hopefully lived.

OK...NOW the weird thing...

as we walked to buses, we caught up with the girls and the mom...who ALL had "save the wildlife" type backpacks, hats and clothing.
There is a big difference in save the wildlife and save the snake. I love animals, even lizards and other reptiles but not snakes, I think the Adam and Eve experience taught me snakes are evil, I would have kept stomping no offense to your wife, but snakes are evil.

Muffinpants

There is a big difference in save the wildlife and save the snake. I love animals, even lizards and other reptiles but not snakes, I think the Adam and Eve experience taught me snakes are evil, I would have kept stomping no offense to your wife, but snakes are evil.
I hope this is a troll post.. if not.. snakes are part of the world . I hate spiders but if it's safe to do so I try and find a way for them to get out of my house. That snake was prolly terrified and lost. :(

ninjaprincesst

I hope this is a troll post.. if not.. snakes are part of the world . I hate spiders but if it's safe to do so I try and find a way for them to get out of my house. That snake was prolly terrified and lost. :(
Nope not a troll, just have no use for snakes, I hate them, am scared to death of them and wish they were all dead. I hope the evil thing was terrified, I just wish they had not been stopped from killing it. There is no reason not to kill a nasty snake.

graphite1326

This happened at Epcot in the Men's room a few years back. I had broke my neck the year before. The result is a 4 inch scar that starts just below my hairline and extends down my spine. When I tan it tends to stand out. I was standing at the urinal taking care of business, when a guy came up behind me, traced the scar with his finger, and stated "Wow, that must have hurt". I was very surprised and before I could really react he just walked out of the bathroom. I got my revenge a few months later at Disney Springs, again in the restroom (not the same guy). I was using the facilities again and from behind me a voice says "how did you get that huge scar?" I finished and as I was washing my hands I informed him I had broken my neck. He then asks me how. I said do you know that really tall slide at Blizzard Beach? He nodded his head and his eyes got as big as saucers. I've never been on that, I informed him and walked out the door. :) Why do people stalk me in the bathroom????
LOL I have a large scar on the front of my neck. When it's hot out it turns red. I am surprised how many people ask me how I got that scar. It was a tumor but I think from now on I will say I got in a knife fight and I just got parole.

piglet21

Last May my husband and I were at AK in line for the safari before the DVC Moonlight Magic event was set to start. We started chatting with a couple in front of us and realized we were all there for the event. We got on separate ride vehicles and went our separate ways. We checked in for the event and went to meet Darkwing Duck and Launchpad McQuack and who's in line right in front of us? The same couple! We all waited together, talking, and then went our separate ways again. The next day, we got to the airport, got to our gate, and WHO WAS SITTING THERE? The same couple 😆 One of them went ahead and the other stayed in line with us while we were boarding - our flight was delayed and I mentioned I was happy we got a hotel because I didn't feel like driving home that night. He asks where we live and we find out we live about 20 minutes apart and frequent the same Hibachi place. As if it couldn't get weirder, we boarded the plane and were seated in the SAME ROW, just across the aisle. Weirdest/most coincidental experience ever! Hi, Adam if you're reading this!!

Paper straw fan

Nope not a troll, just have no use for snakes, I hate them, am scared to death of them and wish they were all dead. I hope the evil thing was terrified, I just wish they had not been stopped from killing it. There is no reason not to kill a nasty snake.

They...aren’t actually evil? I live in FL and even yesterday a 2 ft long black racer crossed right in front of my dog and I- now yeah I was startled and kept my dog back, but I had zero desire to kill it. They eat all kinds of pests that can actually carry disease and get in houses and cause damage.

I’m not snake fan #1 either, at the same time I do respect their place in the ecosystem. Now, if that snake wasn’t solid black (usually are here) then I’d have ran like hell before even bothering to see what color it is.

ninjaprincesst

They...aren’t actually evil? I live in FL and even yesterday a 2 ft long black racer crossed right in front of my dog and I- now yeah I was startled and kept my dog back, but I had zero desire to kill it. They eat all kinds of pests that can actually carry disease and get in houses and cause damage.

I’m not snake fan #1 either, at the same time I do respect their place in the ecosystem. Now, if that snake wasn’t solid black (usually are here) then I’d have ran like hell before even bothering to see what color it is.
I would die if I got bitten by a garden snake (I'm that terrified) . If this puts it in scale how I feel about snakes , my husband bought snakeskin boots I told him they were not coming in my house he could either return them or keep them in the shed.

Janir

Being berated by a guest in the Germany Pavilion because a Cast Member was not “doing her job.” This was now years ago but it still makes me laugh. This lady wanted some item from the toy store and asked the Cast Member to see if there was any more in back. When she returned with a negative, the lady started yelling and accusing the Cast Member of being lazy and not really checking. I was browsing the store at this time, dressed in khakis and a collared shirt, and the lady confronting me about a problem with “one of [my] employees.” Despite telling her I was not a manager, she continued to yell and lecture me for not doing my job and making my employee do her job. She obviously didn’t like that my solution to her problem was to again state that I did not work there. Since she didn’t want to believe me, I walked away as she declared we were awful and she would have me fired.
I'd have just gone with it, and walk away for a minute near a back door, pull out my phone to talk to someone and sent her on a goose chase to Disney Springs Disney Store for whatever she was looking for. Then would wind up apologizing to the poor cast member for making them look bad by doing that.

Janir

on my first trip I was with my wife, then girlfriend, her mom and her mom's boyfriend. Wife and I drove to WDW so we had my Truck. 4x4 Avalanche. We were stayign off site with my mother in law, so we drove in every day that trip. Our first day was to Animal Kingdom and Google Maps had me somewhere on the back side of AK at some service entrance. Well we finally get somewhat sorted and I get us on what looks to be the correct road to AK. I see a sign to what said AK going to my left but I went to the right. Then I saw NO signage as to AK where I was driving so I stopped we looked at the map, and couldn't find a way to turn around to go the other way. SO I said, heck with it, I put the truck into 4x4 mode and hopped the curb and off roaded from the one way ramp I was on to go back the way I came and follow the one sign that mentioned AK. Turns out that sign was for AK LODGE and the road I was initially on WAS the correct road to get to the AK parking lot entrance.
I was careful to not hammer the gas and rip up the grass at least. But I did technically go off roading at Disney World.

Janir

Stop me if you've heard this one...

Not once, but twice, over two separate solo visits, women who were complete strangers to me have grabbed my arm and/or leg totally out of the blue on Tower of Terror.

The first time, the roughly 35-ish woman to my left screamed and grabbed me by my left arm at the start of the first drop and held on, screaming loudly in Spanish for the rest of the ride.

The next time, about a year or two later, a younger woman, early 20-ish, did the same thing but added a leg lock, wrapping her right leg behind and around my left.

At the end of both rides, the women were grateful and shyly apologetic at having used me as a life preserver.
Won't stop you as I've had similar experiences 2 out of 3 times I've had a woman grab my arm on ToT/Guardians in DL. My first time was the first time I was on ToT and the lady in question was a good friend and one of the bridesmaids at our wedding. The time in Guardians over last summer was just some lady. She didn't even acknowledge she grabbed my arm the whole time. She almost drew blood with her nails.

Paper straw fan

I would die if I got bitten by a garden snake (I'm that terrified) . If this puts it in scale how I feel about snakes , my husband bought snakeskin boots I told him they were not coming in my house he could either return them or keep them in the shed.

Actually, that doesn’t sound that weird- I have a family member that will freak at a rubber snake when she knows it’s a toy. I’m far from snake guy, and like I said, I jumped back when a good sized one slid by yesterday. And when we had a plague of 4 inch long grasshoppers a couple years back I nearly needed to get on lithium to get in and out of my driveway every day

But I also leave them be. A landscaper told my wife he killed one hiding under our planter, and my response was “why? It wasn’t hurting anyone”

I don’t love things like snakes, gators, possums. But I live where I live, so I deal with it and hope the critters I don’t like cancel each other out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom