Weird opinion about Disney and Universal

Horizons1

Think whatever you want. It's happened to me many times. I don't take it harassment. It's all in good fun. It's not like they're being mean about it.

Then why say anything about it? Why make it sound like they're being mean to you? Your wording was that if you wear a Disney shirt to Universal the TMs will "make fun of you". Why phrase it that way if you find it all in good fun? If you have fun with it, what's the point in bringing it up? I know they do it jokingly, that's what one of my last posts was all about! :hammer:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Our family has never been to Universal and quite frankly, we have no desire to. Our heart lies with Disney. :):)

Going to, and even enjoying Universal, doesn't make you any less of a Disney fan. I am a Disney fan, but on our last trip a few weeks ago I went Universal for the first time and I really enjoyed it. I will definitely continue going to Disney, but I will also try to include Universal in some of my trips in the future.

Dan

WDW 3

I love the person who compared mummy to ee without even riding mummy. MUMMY IS SOOOOOO MUCH BETTER THAN EE!! Mummy is one of my favorite rides of all time, rode it for the first time last year and couldnt get enough! Please dont judge a ride before you even rode it. The lockers are there as a convenience in case you dont have anyone to hold your stuff. They are free for your ride and timed well for the amount of time you will need on 1 ride. Just dont try to re-ride again, because it will end up charging you if you take longer than excpected, which is fine, because it clearly states its only free for 1 ride.

Even when riding a ride and it breaks down, they will have CMs stationed near the lockers to open them up for you without charging. Imo its smart business, do I wish they were free all the time? sure but that would be dumb on their part.

Mummy is great!!

But as for the lockers being a convenience? We were required to use one and as I stated they tried to make us pay for using it longer that allowed which wasn't the case. Do you have to use them or not? If not we won't. It was kind of a pain when we don't really carry anything we could have lost.

thelookingglass

If you end up running over the "free time", 99% of the time they will just open it for you for free anyway. Its not a scam, they know that they can't charge you for it for rides where their rules require you to not bring on loose articles like bags and backpacks.

(annoyingly, on Dudley and Popeye, loose articles are allowed, so they charge you for the nearby lockers, yet if you were to bring any electronics on these rides, they would get ruined, but thats another story for another thread)

On rides like Mummy and Dragons, anything that you would have to hold onto while on the ride that can't fit in your pocket is required to go into the locker.

Tigger1988

If you end up running over the "free time", 99% of the time they will just open it for you for free anyway. Its not a scam, they know that they can't charge you for it for rides where their rules require you to not bring on loose articles like bags and backpacks.

They could if they really wanted to. Six Flags charges for lockers at nearly every major ride because their new "rules" state you can't bring items on them. They won't even let you enter the line if you have any sort of bag or even cellphone in your hands.

thelookingglass

their rides don't have baskets for your items. the "charging" with the lockers is if you leave your items there for a few hours.
A basket would do no good on rides like Mummy, Hulk, or Dragons. Whenever you rent a locker, it tells you how much "free" time you have. If the ride breaks down or experiences a delay, they increase your free time. So basically, if you end up getting charged, its your own fault for leaving it in for too long, although most of the time they will pop it open for you for free if you do go over.

Seriously, I'm tired of explaining this and people thinking this. The lockers are not an evil scam to get more of your money.

T-1MILLION

A basket would do no good on rides like Mummy, Hulk, or Dragons. Whenever you rent a locker, it tells you how much "free" time you have. If the ride breaks down or experiences a delay, they increase your free time. So basically, if you end up getting charged, its your own fault for leaving it in for too long, although most of the time they will pop it open for you for free if you do go over.

Seriously, I'm tired of explaining this and people thinking this. The lockers are not an evil scam to get more of your money.

People are just going to believe what they want to believe I suppose. I have read you explain a couple of times just while skimming this thread.

And another point, contarary to what some posters may make it sound like, most rides at Universal are ok to bring your larger carrying belongings on with you.

Magenta Panther

If the other parks are stepping up their acts, as some of you here say, then GOOD. Maybe it'll make Disney step up its act and try to amaze and delight us again.

Competition is good, folks. Disney's rested on its laurels too long. The FLE might make a real difference. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom