Weekend Update 12/03/05

I went to the parks this past weekend and wanted to tell you all some of what I heard and saw.

Started off with Epcot and had a very dissapointing time on Test Track. It apprears that a lot of cars tv's are not working. Disney is aware of this and according to CM (wearing polo shirt and kakhi's not the normal costume) they are going to phase out the audio on the ride. That is a shame since without the audio in the cars you don't know what is going on except for the hearing about ABS being activated/deactivated. I went to guest relations to complain after a re-ride (i wanted a fast pass for something else, i felt chipped) and he mentioned that Test Track will be going down for a refurb after the holidays for about 6 weeks. Hopefully the tv issue will be addressed. I do know that the tv's cant be replaced without the entire car being replaced. Shame on Disney and GM for building it that way. Oh and yes, Test Track did go down for a few minutes while waiting in line (big suprise there). As for the rumours about Wonders of Life reopening for the busy season, well, it didn't happen this weekend and it is still off the park map. I did not check of TLS I want to wait for it all to be open. Soarin wait time was unbeliveable and at 11:00am the first fastpass was for 5:45pm.

Edit: Club Cool was open, no more snow. Infact, you walk right in to it. And if you really enjoyed the Ginger Ale from Britain, don't go, you don't need the heart break. Infact, I don't sugest it for anyone, Coke make it look hip, but just increased thier gift shop. Bring back the snow!!

Harry from Boston (my bus driver from Epcot to MGM) says that there is going to be a new park openeing within 2-3 years. Well, we all know about rumours started by CM's so don't worry, I didn't even think about it for a moment. However, during the bus ride he was talking to us all, telling jokes, it was a good time. He has definitly been my best bus driver experience in all times I've gone to Disney so I let him know, hopefully he felt appreciated after it.

MGM, at 6 when the lights turn on, hang out by Al's Toy Barn, there you can get a picture with Goofy and Pluto and it takes a few moments to realize they are there so you can get pictures with no wait. And the snow, fantastic!!!

Magic Kingdom. COP had a line even at 9pm with the first parade going on. So excited to see that ride have a line, meaning people are actually wanting to ride it. Hopefully Disney will see this and ONLY do good things to that attraction. When I got to MK all the lines were nice in the north and west part of the park. God i love going with two parades. When watching the last parade there were only people on on side of the parade route and not many people around me so I was able to get some of the characters to do a quick pose for me. Once I get the pictures on a cd i'll try to get them on the net for all you to see.

HunnyPot

Looking forward to seeing some pictures from your adventures in the parks! I agree with you about not paying attention to the bus driver...we all know that most of the time that type of info has no merit.

Test Track is going to be closed while we're there in January, so that's probably the referb you referred to.

Thanks for the update!

coln84

Original Poster
WishIwasThere said:
We will be there this weekend. Other than the line to see the COP, how were the crowd / wait times?

Four more days!!!!!!!!!

The lines were very long for the most part in Epcot. Definitly use the fastpass there. MGM lines were hit and miss but when I got there they were getting ready for the parade. I was only at Magic Kingdom after 9 and the lines were not bad there. Walked on to everything I wanted to see in what little time allowed. Now that I think of it, I really didn't get on a lot of rides except at MGM. But I had a fastpass for RNRC, used my priority pass at ToT which had a huge line (started at the entrace of the que). A lot of people in the Streets of USA during the lighting, infact it was like walking the park during closing time. I do know all hotels were booked this weekend except for Old Key West and all Dining reservations for Fantasmic have been booked for 2 weeks. But your a member of the boards so I'm sure your a veteran, so you know to go on attractions during parades and meal times so have a great trip!!

dumboflyer

The Test Track TVs were terrible last Christmas too! It is REALLY bad-show! Did you mean that the rehab will get rid of the VISUAL, but not the AUDIO? Thta would be stupid to get rid of the sound?!!?

YAY for COP! :)

Please tell me that even with the long line at Soarin, that you rode it though, right? :)

coln84

Original Poster
dumboflyer said:
Please tell me that even with the long line at Soarin, that you rode it though, right? :)

Uhh, well, no. But I'm one of those rare people that just didn't care for the ride. But I let these boards get me to excited and well, I destroyed it for myself. However, I'm not letting that happen again. Infact don't usually read info about everest, or any other attraction (well, just don't take it as fact)

CAPTAIN HOOK

coln84 said:
............... and he mentioned that Test Track will be going down for a refurb after the holidays for about 6 weeks.
Judging by the number of times that it breaks down - its about time they fixed it

coln84

Original Poster
No, I went to guest relations to get a priority pass. The CM told me about the refurb then.

Well i stayed in future world and i think i may have been the oldest person there wearing a pal mickey. Oh, and dressed as a native, pants and a hoody.

Epcot82Guy

While I could see them getting rid of onboard audio PERHAPS (and that is doubtful), they would have to replace it with external audio, then. The ride makes no sesne without it. My friend rode it for the first time, and the screens were out. He said it made no sense. It also kills some of the humor. I would be shocked if they decided to ditch audio all together. That simply wouldn't make sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom