Week after Thanksgiving?

disneygirl1

Like that Monday After Thanksgiving or like the beginning of December??? Either way you should be fine crowd wise. We arrive on Dec 3rd and this will be the 2nd time going this week and we love it... Yes there are still wait times on rides, but is no where nears as bad as in the summer. This is one of my favorite times of year to go!

Upvote 0

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Crowds are usually pretty good from right after Thanksgiving until the onset of the Pop Warner tournament. Even then the crowds aren't dreadful, you just have to deal with all of the football teams and families....

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

We went to WDW the week after Thanksgiving in 2007.We arrived mid-week, it was great all the holiday decorations were up and the crowds were very low during the week. The weekend got more crowded however.

Upvote 0

nolatron

We're arriving on the 29th, Monday after thanksgiving for 3 nights. In the past we've gone the weekend right after Thanksgiving Ffriday-Monday), and generally for us it was a good time to go. Nice weather usually and lines weren't too long.

So we're hoping that trend continues on to the following Thursday this year. :)

Upvote 0

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
What is the temp that time of year?

I think you're still looking at the 70's and 80's during the day, although that can obviously fluctuate some. Same for nighttime temps. When we were there last December we needed fleece/sweatshirts a couple of nights. It's one of those times of the year when you have to prepare for anything.

Upvote 0

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
We've booked our trip this year to fall the week after Thanksgiving as well. I've heard the crowds are lower which will be nice, and it's all decorated for the holidays. I'm excited for our first "Holiday" trip to WDW. It's odd that I've been 20+ times, but I dont think I've ever been during this time of the year! We arrive on the 28th for 7 nights! Can't wait!

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

What is the temp that time of year?

Well that's another story; we brought long pants and shorts, the week we were there it was warm, for us we're from Boston, and we all wore shorts. In fact it was funny to see cast members in navy peacoats in the morning while we were in shorts and shirtsleeves. Packing for WDW that time of year can be a challenge. basically we worn shorts during the day and long pants at night. We also brought a light jacket and a sweatshirt just in case.

Upvote 0

FireChiefGoofy

We were down last year during the week after Thanksgiving. Crowds were light, holiday decorations were up and beautiful, and ADRs were not a problem. Can't wait for our trip this year during the same week!

Upvote 0

majorrfb

Outstanding time to visit.

By all means GO to the World during this time frame. Low to moderate crowds, good weather, beautiful decorations are all up. We'll be there Dec. 5. Can't wait myself. :xmas: :wave: :sohappy: Have a blast.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom