Wedn't You Know It?

Rob562

To answer the above.. If i had any sort of executive pull in research and design, I'd have anyone who even mentioned deisnging an X coaster for World Showcase shown the door and not even allowed to return to their office.

Merf,

What if they're just looking at the X coaster *technology* and not necessarily plopping a full-blown coaster in World Showcase? What would you do with the rotating seats concept, but at speeds and hill sizes along the lines of Big Thunder? Maybe not even have it go upside down. Just keep the seats level no matter where the track goes. Or tilt them up and down, but never do the full somersault. I mean, the coaster itself is essentially a high-speed Omnimover...

I think the technology alone opens up a very large window of possibilities, even at slower speeds.

-Rob

tirian

The only thing that sounds possible and plausible is the autograph book.

New autograph books are released about every other year.

(Dan also revealed that he doesn't feel the wand belongs in EPCOT but hasn't heard when/if it will be taken down.)

Most Imagineers don't think that the wand should be there anymore. It was great for the millennium, but out of place now. Even if Dan did know about its removal, he should not say anything until Disney officially announces it. He signed an NDA...

Rayray

Dan's a very creative guy - very much about pushing the envelope forward in concepts and technology... sometimes to the point of losing the overall picture in my humble opinion (see Test Track's queue, etc). However, I don't think he has much dealings in paperwork and a lot of the office stuff. So I'm not surprised that Dan doesn't know anything about the wand, and I certainly am not surprised that he doesn't know anything about Rohde's WS project.

I also need to correct disneygrl89. The project manager for the HM's refurbishment is Kathy Rogers. There's a big difference in working on a ride refurbishment and being the project manager.
Joe Rhode is on this project?! Man, I hope you are telling the truth. I want to believe you but should I?

coasterphil

Nope.
Disney isn't looking to build a 4D. Nobody is.
Curious to know more about this concept...I've not heard of it before.

Actually people are looking to build a 4D, just Intamin's smaller scale and presumably more reliable version. One just opened in Europe, with another under construction. They look like interesting rides, but it still wouldn't fit into the clues given in the OP.

the-reason14

Cool! There were some rumors before Mission: Space went live that it would simulate weightlessness. I was disappointed when I discovered the majority of the ride was major positive Gs. I'm a negative Gs junkie (Tower of Terror is my favorite ride). Would this new ride be more up my alley?

Yea, I remember that, I was expecting and excited about feeling that sensation too. All these rumors seem likely and Im glad that the op reported it so we can discuss, but the whole simulater/flight attraction/ride at WS seems kinda too much. We already have M:S and Soarin, does epcot really need another simulated E ticket? I mean if its good then yes, but why not another track E ticket like TT, its like the only "thrill" e ticket at epcot that I can ride more than 3 or 4 times without getting bored because you are actually moving. With Soarin and M:S its like watching a movie over and over again, and that gets boring. I rather epcot WS see a TT esqu e ticket, but thats just me.

teebin

Who was the project manager on Everest at AK? I was there one day after they had partially removed part of the wall so that you could see in and engaged this guy that walked up on the outside of the wall who was discussing the fabric everest sign on the rock. Everyone (the imagineers) were shocked that THAT was the sign for the ride.

Anyway, I don't know if he said he was a Project Manager (didn't know the term at the time) but he said he worked at keeping the project on time and budget. 34-38yo 5'10 solid nice pleasant looking guy with dark hair. Anyway... we talked for about 20 minutes about stuff.

PS: Everyone behind the wall was talking with him, including the imagineer who has a german name whose picture appears a few times in the book about the making of AK.

So, who was I talking too?

and yes... he had THE imagineer tag around his neck that everyone on the inside had...

(and ps: I posted this here because people seemingly in the know were talking about project managers the page before)

found it... David Wilson.. I saw the name Dan earlier and knew it was a D name. Guess that D was David and is who I was talking too.

ChuckFromCanada

Parrothead & Disney Fanatic.
Tia Carrera is the voice of Nani in Stitch movies and was also in Waynes World, will we be seeing some Stitch in SSE, LOL, all we need is Daveigh, David Ogden Stires and Chris and we will be all set.

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
That's an interesting idea...

I wonder how insane we could make purists be if we could get Chris to come back to do Stitch for SSE. Here... are the Romans... yeah... Romans.

LOL

The project manager for the HM's refurbishment is Kathy Rogers. There's a big difference in working on a ride refurbishment and being the project manager.

Question: is a project manager the same as show producer? The answer is no, they are not. Kathy Rogers is NOT the project manager, she is the show producer. By validation for this information can be found from the Orlando Sentinel at http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-mansion0907jun09,0,7590350.story ).

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Side note: Kathy is the same person who headed up the Pirates redo/overlay thingy. Her forte seems to be "revitalizing but not destroying."

And about an X/4D in world showcase even if it moves at Big Thunder speeds...

I wouldn't ride it even at those speeds. First off, E-tickets don't have to be thrill rides. Second, I have no desire to be flipped, flung, or thrown anywhere at any time. I'm iffy on Maelstrom some days. I hate to sound snarky, but I buy stuff in World Showcase, eat at the restaurants, and generally am the person Disney wants to entice to spend as much time there as possible. And i'm in the all important males 17-25 group.

No coaster in World Showcase.

Oh, and i'm "" (dual-income, no kids). Just try to build it without my approval ;)

Epcot82Guy

That's an interesting idea...

I wonder how insane we could make purists be if we could get Chris to come back to do Stitch for SSE. Here... are the Romans... yeah... Romans.

LOL

Bite your tongue, RE. :mad:

Anyway, just a thought. One concept I know that has been tossed around that might satisfy this description and would solve the "missing coaster" at Epcot would be the cantilevered Coaster system. Next to the KUKA, this concept (and perhaps the split track "cliffhanger") was allegedly going to be the new system of highly designed coasters. I think Disney could do some very cool things with this system, and it certainly could achieve the feeling of "flight".

Figment571

Wasn't there a concept in the early days for Switzerland with a Matterhorn coaster in WS? I think I've read about it but I'm not too sure.

I think that the attractions in Epcot need to have more educational value than they do now. I was only around from '91 and that part of the old EPCOT always seemed to stick in my mind. Also the old Imagination.....

So all in all it maybe some other kind of flight sensation other than a coaster, but I would like it to have some educational value. Even if it's as much as Maelstrom

teebin

hello?

Who was the project manager on Everest at AK? I was there one day after they had partially removed part of the wall so that you could see in and engaged this guy that walked up on the outside of the wall who was discussing the fabric everest sign on the rock. Everyone (the imagineers) were shocked that THAT was the sign for the ride.

Anyway, I don't know if he said he was a Project Manager (didn't know the term at the time) but he said he worked at keeping the project on time and budget. 34-38yo 5'10 solid nice pleasant looking guy with dark hair. Anyway... we talked for about 20 minutes about stuff.

PS: Everyone behind the wall was talking with him, including the imagineer who has a german name whose picture appears a few times in the book about the making of AK.

and yes... he had THE imagineer tag around his neck that everyone on the inside had...

(and ps: I posted this here because people seemingly in the know were talking about project managers the page before)

found it... David Wilson.. I saw the name Dan earlier and knew it was a D name. Guess that D was David and is who I was talking too.
Last edited by teebin : Today at 18:02

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
hello?

Last edited by teebin : Today at 18:02

time now is 17:52

So this was edited in the future ! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom