wedding rehearsal dinner vote

Teenchy

My fiance and I got engaged at Disneyland in July. And we are getting married at Disney World May 1st! Our reception is in the Napa Room at California Grill! Only our immediate family will be attending--24. We are not having a rehersal dinner mainly b/c our wedding party is so small...just best man and matron of honor. We are going to Spirit of Aloha the next night with our family. Everyone is very excited about all of the events. We are also staying at the Poly. We are going down April 24th and staying thru May 11th! Good luck with all the planning! Michelle is our wedding coordinator and she has been awesome.

Congrats to you and the original poster. By the way next time you talk to Michelle tell her Phillip & Andrea Nixon of the Surprise Disney Wedding say hello....I know they do alot of weddings but since we were the first surprise wedding they had every had I think she will remember us......Good Luck....I know things will be great because they do such a wonderful job.

And to the originial poster....we did an after wedding event....For all our wedding details read my wedding thread (The link is in my signature) in Epcot at Japan...I believe now called Teppan Edo. We had an entire room for our party. It was a great time. Of course everyone needed a park ticket as well.
There are so many great restaurants throughout WDW to pick from. Really only limited to your budget and ideas and theme you would want.

Good Luck.

STGRhost

Has anyone ever been to a Fantasmic Dessert Party?

I got to go to one a few years ago. It was very nice. Probably would be a great way to see the show on one of the nights it's full. The "private" areas are way in the back of the seating, though, so you have to trade the space/seating/dessert for the view. Personally, as much as I LOVE Fantasmic, I like the way the Illuminations dessert parties are set up better.

WDWFigment

A lot of the other suggestions are good, but no one has mentioned The Flying Fish Cafe. Really cool adult atmosphere, and great food!

Jones611

My fiance and myself are getting married at the wdw wedding chapel on October 2, 2008 and our reception is going to be in one of the private rooms at the California Grill. My question is to everyone, where sould I have my rehearsal dinner on October 1st? There is going to be about 25 people at the dinner. I am leaning towards Ohana's and have sort of ruled out hoop dee doo. I have to April 4th,when I have to make the 180 days out reservations. Thanks, I am ready to hear some great suggestions!

I'm guessing you have already made your reservations but I wanted to say that Ohana's is a wonderful place to have a rehearsal dinner! My husband and I were married at the Wedding Pavilion on June 11, 2007. Our rehearsal dinner was at Ohana's the night before. We had about 20 people to attend. The service was wonderful and so was the food! They actually played a song just for us to dance to and they announced we were getting married the next day! Also the Polynesian made us real flower leis to wear during our dinner. We even got to keep them! My mom asked for them at the front desk. It was so much fun and we got so many great pictures! I hope you have a magical rehearsal dinner and wedding!!!

MJmagic83

We did our rehearsal dinner at California Grill (it was great - you should have a good time for your reception), and then our ceremony was at the Boardwalk, so we chose Yachtsman's Steakhouse for our reception. Neither of us had ever been there, so we had no real expectation (other than hubby liking the idea of steaks for his wedding dinner :)). It was EXCELLENT. They went out of their way for us,the food was wonderful...I just cannot say enough good things about them!
It may have helped that I dug up the email for the manager there, and actually emailed him back and forth a few times, so I knew we were on the same page. He helped me put together a menu, which was more limited than the usual one (so we could have some control over the budget), but still offered choices for everyone (vegetarians at a steakhouse?!). They printed the special menus out just for our tables, with our names and the date at the top. And they served our wedding cake(which we had had boxed after the ceremony) instead of their desert. It was just an awesome night. Oh, but they don't have a private room, really. And it might be more formal than you're looking for.
We also did a dessert party at Epcot during Illuminations, which was fantastic as well. I can try to find the prices and stuff for either of these things if you're interested...
Good luck! :wave:

I would be interested in the prices if you don't mind. My boyfriend and I are thinking about a dessert reception during Illuminations. We have not thought about the steakhouse but that has peaked my interest also! Thanks!

As for a rehearsal dinner that is fun: Biergarten at Germany's Pavalion at Epcot! =0)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom