wedding rehearsal dinner vote

darrin933

Original Poster
My fiance and myself are getting married at the wdw wedding chapel on October 2, 2008 and our reception is going to be in one of the private rooms at the California Grill. My question is to everyone, where sould I have my rehearsal dinner on October 1st? There is going to be about 25 people at the dinner. I am leaning towards Ohana's and have sort of ruled out hoop dee doo. I have to April 4th,when I have to make the 180 days out reservations. Thanks, I am ready to hear some great suggestions!

Tinkerbella16

Wow you are having the wedding of my dreams. But I know it won't ever happen, couldn't afford it. Congrats!!

I was going to say O'hanas for the rehearsal dinner. The atmosphere and food is unbeatable anywhere else. That would be my first choice.

cdunbar

Gosh I was gonna say the California Grill but you have that covered, lol.
Ummmm....Bomas or Jikos, I haven't eaten there but everyone on here that has says its spectactular!

Splash

We got married in Disney almost two years ago. We had our rehearsal dinner at 'Ohana and it turned out great. We also had about 25 people. If we didn't have it at 'Ohana we were going to have it at the Spirit of Aloha. If I could do it all over again I would probably have chosen Spirit of Aloha just for the fact that I think people would enjoy it more. But that my opinion.

coltow

As I was reading I was thinking that Ohana would be perfect. If you wanted something a little "fun" you could try 1900 Park fare (with Cinderella) or Whispering Canyon. If you want something a little more formal there's Artist Point or Yachtsmen Steakhouse.

darrin933

Original Poster
I was wanting to do a dinner show but for 25 people it is going to be around 1200.00 dollars which I really do not want to pay that much. We do not get a discount on any dining. I have a dining experience card but that will not cover everyone. we will be staying at the poly and with getting married at the chapel everything is right there. I am still up in the air though. We have been to Ohanas before and that seems to be the way to go. But I am hoping to have everyone change my mind over to a different location. I am not sure if I can have something catered at a location at Epcot or not. Does anyone know about that? Thanks

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Ohana is a great choice but if you are looking for a little fun and frivolity for the rehearsal dinner I would suggest Whispering Canyon Cafe. The food there also seems to be slightly more agreeable to a wide array of pallets.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I was wanting to do a dinner show but for 25 people it is going to be around 1200.00 dollars which I really do not want to pay that much. We do not get a discount on any dining. I have a dining experience card but that will not cover everyone. we will be staying at the poly and with getting married at the chapel everything is right there. I am still up in the air though. We have been to Ohanas before and that seems to be the way to go. But I am hoping to have everyone change my mind over to a different location. I am not sure if I can have something catered at a location at Epcot or not. Does anyone know about that? Thanks
That can be done but based on my limited experience with it it would be quite expensive. Almost definitely more than $1200. A dessert buffet for Illuminations might be feasible for under $1200.

natolij02

What about Wolf Gang Puck in dtd....then you can go and enjoy the night life for a bit afterwards.

Another option could be coral reef in Epcot....beautiful setting with the fish and then off to see illuminations after to end the night:)

yankspy

It may be hard to stay well south of $1200. Even Ohana comes out to $850 assuming 25 adults who have one drink a piece. That is without tax and tip. I am assuming that the rehearsal is at the pavillion. If so, Narcoossees might be a good idea. It is a short walk from the pavillion. Logistically, traveling with 25 people can be difficult at times and so being able to go somewhere close might be a plus. It may be a bit more expensive but you get a nice view of the water and you get a nice view of wishes if you time it right. However, it is hard to say without knowing your party. Narcoossee's is a more quiet type of place. If your group is looking to have more fun then I would go with Ohana's.:wave:

alilance

My vote is for O'hana's! How fun! You can have everyone come dresses island inspired, flowers in the lady's ears, cool tropical drinks, etc. Definitely!!!! Good luck and have fun!:wave:

STGRhost

We did our rehearsal dinner at California Grill (it was great - you should have a good time for your reception), and then our ceremony was at the Boardwalk, so we chose Yachtsman's Steakhouse for our reception. Neither of us had ever been there, so we had no real expectation (other than hubby liking the idea of steaks for his wedding dinner :)). It was EXCELLENT. They went out of their way for us,the food was wonderful...I just cannot say enough good things about them!
It may have helped that I dug up the email for the manager there, and actually emailed him back and forth a few times, so I knew we were on the same page. He helped me put together a menu, which was more limited than the usual one (so we could have some control over the budget), but still offered choices for everyone (vegetarians at a steakhouse?!). They printed the special menus out just for our tables, with our names and the date at the top. And they served our wedding cake(which we had had boxed after the ceremony) instead of their desert. It was just an awesome night. Oh, but they don't have a private room, really. And it might be more formal than you're looking for.
We also did a dessert party at Epcot during Illuminations, which was fantastic as well. I can try to find the prices and stuff for either of these things if you're interested...
Good luck! :wave:

simmonstlee

Disney Wedding

My fiance and I got engaged at Disneyland in July. And we are getting married at Disney World May 1st! Our reception is in the Napa Room at California Grill! Only our immediate family will be attending--24. We are not having a rehersal dinner mainly b/c our wedding party is so small...just best man and matron of honor. We are going to Spirit of Aloha the next night with our family. Everyone is very excited about all of the events. We are also staying at the Poly. We are going down April 24th and staying thru May 11th! Good luck with all the planning! Michelle is our wedding coordinator and she has been awesome.

darrin933

Original Poster
My fiance and I got engaged at Disneyland in July. And we are getting married at Disney World May 1st! Our reception is in the Napa Room at California Grill! Only our immediate family will be attending--24. We are not having a rehersal dinner mainly b/c our wedding party is so small...just best man and matron of honor. We are going to Spirit of Aloha the next night with our family. Everyone is very excited about all of the events. We are also staying at the Poly. We are going down April 24th and staying thru May 11th! Good luck with all the planning! Michelle is our wedding coordinator and she has been awesome.
We are just going to miss you, we are going to be at the poly from april 17-21 to meet with our wedding planner. We are also using the napa room also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom