wedding ears

Raptorsr

Original Poster
Looking to find out where I can find wedding ears at disney world. Will be getting married there and would like the attention heheheheh and to embarrass my fiancee with wearing the mouse wedding ears around the parks. Thanks ahead.

Figment82

The groom hats and bride ears are plentiful all over property. Usually a large store (Emporium, Mouse Gear, etc) will be your best bet. You can also usually find them at the hotel shops, especially places like Grand Floridian.

Make sure you also pick up Just Married buttons from Guest Relations.

Congrats!!

maryszhi

Oh, that is soooo adorable. The one place I remember seeing them is at down town disney's disney store. Its on a rack with all the other specialty hata(like mickey mouse ears, pirate mickey mouse ears, ext.)
Congrats and have a nice wedding!!!!!
~A dream is what your heart makes~
~When you wish upon a star~

Raptorsr

Original Poster
:wave::wave:Any help please. Looking to get the most out of my trip to disney with the wedding and all. How can I get the most out of it? IE- is there a special area at pop that would be best for the wedding party to stay so I can ask for it at the 5 day mark. Also we should be getting the wedding ears but is there pins we can get, where can they be obtained also. I want to make this as special for my Danielle and having everyone congratulate her and maybe just maybe have the cast members do some special stuff for her would be the bomb. Last thing for now, how can a get the room made up for her on the first day. I want to get maybe some flowers and something done to the room. I hope the cast members can do something. If I have to pay no biggy I just want the magic to begin as soon as we get off the plane. PLEASE PLEASE help looking for any suggestions.:sohappy:

Uponastar

:wave::wave:Any help please. Looking to get the most out of my trip to disney with the wedding and all. How can I get the most out of it? IE- is there a special area at pop that would be best for the wedding party to stay so I can ask for it at the 5 day mark. Also we should be getting the wedding ears but is there pins we can get, where can they be obtained also. I want to make this as special for my Danielle and having everyone congratulate her and maybe just maybe have the cast members do some special stuff for her would be the bomb. Last thing for now, how can a get the room made up for her on the first day. I want to get maybe some flowers and something done to the room. I hope the cast members can do something. If I have to pay no biggy I just want the magic to begin as soon as we get off the plane. PLEASE PLEASE help looking for any suggestions.:sohappy:

Our daughter is on her honeymoon in WDW right now! My husband called Disney Florist http://www.disneyflorist.com/
and asked to have the Bridal Mouse Ears delivered to their room on their arrival day. They have some lovely gift baskets available and you can add the ears to any basket.
The only problem is, since you don't get room assignments till you check in the florist can't guarantee that the delivery will be in your room at check-in. The ears we ordered didn't make it to our daughter and son-in-law's room till later in the day of their arrival, but maybe you can work around that.
Hope this helps!

daverube

If you really want the ears, I would suggest buying them at the Emporium on Main St. when you first enter the parks.....as for the button, we got our upon check-in at the WL....

Let me warn you, we wore the buttons to see what would happen....but it wasn't much more than a lot of congrats and a couple of fast passes.....we did get complimentary champagne at Le Cellier....

It seemed to us that the folks who wore the "first timers" buttons got a lot more attention....we're not bitter about it, just passing on what we experienced...

We didn't buy (I think they're $15.00 per) the ears because we think they look terrible....though maybe you'll get some extra goodies by wearing them....

good luck with your wedding and congrats...

dave

Chape19714

Emporium does carry the hats, down toward the Harmony Barbor Shop side of the store.

We do run out of them during busy times, but the Chapoau does carry them as well, just in case.

Since1976

The ears are a great investment for the newly engaged/married. CMs and even guests treat you extra special, and you may even be singled out in audience participation attractions. We got picked for the floor-level seats on MILLIONAIRE, for example, and the cameras focused on us (drawing a loud "Awwwwww" from the audience. I recall a green Toy Story Army man wishing us a loud congratulations as his jeep sped by.

The ears now have a special place for display in our house. Our daughter, who was born a year after our Disney honeymoon, loves asking us about the story of the bride and groom mouse ears.

aj_steig

Hello!

We just got back from our honeymoon last week at Disney World!

On our first day there, we bought the wedding ears from the World of Disney at Downtown Disney. Everyday there after, we had people coming up and asking us where we got the Mickey Mouse top hat. After a couple days, we found out that the World of Disney was sold out of the top hats (the brides ears could be found at a few places, but the top hat was pretty difficult to find) My husband actually had a woman come up and offer him cash on the spot for his ears (not kidding!!) My advice would be if you are planning on wearing the ears, get them as soon as you can because they go fast!! Also be sure to get the "Just Married" Button from City Hall when you get there. They're so cute!!

We had ALOT of people offer us congratulations everywhere we went! We received a couple of fast passes as we walked into the stand by line, we were upgraded to a room with a King bed at Pop Century for no charge, etc. On our last night there, we had dinner at California Grill and received free dessert and a photograph.

Another really neat thing that happened was when we booked our Seas Aqua Tour at EPCOT. Turns out that the day we signed up, we were the only ones who booked that day, so it was like our own private tour!! On top of being one of the greatest experiences ever, they gave us an additional photograph at no charge to take home to family and friends.

All in all, you will have a blast and hopefully a lot of fun little surprises!! Have fun!!

KingStefan

...so I can ask for it at the 5 day mark...
Do NOT wait until the 5-day mark. Proceedures have changed in the fairly recent past. Call the reservation center and specify your preferences. The hotels will no longer accept phone calls or faxes making special requests, but there is a place on the reservation for the CM at the reservation center to enter that informaiton. This is the ONLY way to specify preferences. If you booked through a travel agent, the agent will have to call for you. JPVonDrake was of great help on my last trip:
Let me be of some help...

We have been instructed at the Reservation Center that ALL of the Disney Resort Hotels will no longer accept or consider any room request faxed or mailed to them. If you try to call the resort directly before you check-in, the switchboard is instructed to redirect your call to the reservation center, not the front desk.

The best time to make requests for specific rooms, buildings, bedding, ground-floor, connecting rooms, etc. is when you first book the reservation or as early as possible after your reservation is made. Please note, we at the reservation center have a VERY limited space to enter in room request, so please limit your requests.

When you call to make any modifications, please have the reservation agent verify any requests you have previously made are still there. Due to system challenges, the accommodations comment box on a reservation may clear when a modification is confirmed, erasing any requests that were noted. To ensure they are correctly re-entered, please ask us to read back to you what is there.

The resort room coordinators will do their best to honor as many request as possible, but will factor in the number of request made. For example if you have 10 different request and another guest made 1 or 2 requests, you may get some of the 10 honored, and the other guest may get all of their request honored. Although the Resort may start pre-assigning rooms up to 2-3 days prior to your arrival, your room assignment is never finalized or guaranteed until you have arrived and are checked-in to your resort. No one at DRC or the Resort itself will be able to disclosed what (if any) pre-assignments have been made, so please don't ask.

Please try to be general in your request avoiding requests for specific room numbers. If you simply request room 1004 (because you know it is the closest to the bus stop) and it is not available, the resort does not know how to honor it. If you simply request a room close to transportation, and room 1004 is not available, the resort may assign you room 1003 or 1005, honoring the general request you made. Also, bedding options are continuously being reviewed so the number and location of select bedding (i.e. king beds) may change at any time. Just because room 1234 had a king bed last year does not mean it still has a king bed this year.

Be sure to ask your reservation agent to verify if your request is even possible. For example, if you are booked in 2 standard (parking) view rooms at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, and you want connecting rooms, it cannot be honored, as there are no connecting standard view rooms at the Lodge. Many rooms now also have limited bedding configurations. Request for king beds, or bunk beds may not be possible because there are none in the room category you are booked in.

Also please keep in mind, rooms such as the Preferred Rooms at the Value Resorts are charged a preferred priced because they are the closest to the main building with the Food Court, Bus Stop, Front Desk, etc. Please do not request to be near these locations if you are booked in a standard room. These type of request can not be honored or even considered as it is essentially asking for a free upgrade.

Finally, remember nothing will guarantee you get your requests; that really will always depend on what rooms are scheduled to be vacant on the date you check-in. Often there are only a few rooms in your room category for the room coordinators or front desk Cast to choose from.

I hope this helps!

...is there pins we can get, where can they be obtained also. I want to make this as special for my Danielle and having everyone congratulate her and maybe just maybe have the cast members do some special stuff for her would be the bomb...
Every park has "Just Married" buttons (along with birthday and anniversary, etc. buttons) at guest services. At MK they are located in town hall, just on the left side after you pass through the train station arches as you enter the park. Don't worry - they'll get you LOTS of attention. We were just there in August, and we got a birthday button for DW, and she was wished Happy Birthday by nearly every CM we saw. We got several free desserts. The Barbershop Quartet on Main Street brought her up with them and fussed over her and sang to her. It was great. So I highly recommend you get buttons no matter which park you go to first - they're available at ALL the parks.
...Last thing for now, how can a get the room made up for her on the first day. I want to get maybe some flowers and something done to the room. I hope the cast members can do something. If I have to pay no biggy I just want the magic to begin as soon as we get off the plane. PLEASE PLEASE help looking for any suggestions...
There are services that will do stuff like this. I don't think that the CMs will be able to do it for you. I have never used these services, but I have heard about them on these boards. Perhaps another forum member will be able to help locate one for you. Otherwise, try to call some florists that are in the area local to WDW and ask. At a minimum they will be able to deliver flowers and/or balloons, etc., perhaps they will also put up streamers or somthing. Doesn't hurt to ask!

DisneyPirate85

CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU:sohappy:, We Honeymooned there in July 07 wore the buttons but not the ears, we received lots of stuff including congrats from CM's as well as Champaine chocolate Strawberries flowers etc etc...:wave:

honeymooner05

We ordered our bride and groom ears prior to the wedding from the merchandise mail order system (see below). We wore the hats at the rehearsal dinner.

On another note - Daverube - I've never heard of "first timer" pins. where can you get those?

Mail Order - 407-363-6200, email @ wdw.mail.order@disneyworld.com

Congrats!

daverube

We ordered our bride and groom ears prior to the wedding from the merchandise mail order system (see below). We wore the hats at the rehearsal dinner.

On another note - Daverube - I've never heard of "first timer" pins. where can you get those?

Mail Order - 407-363-6200, email @ wdw.mail.order@disneyworld.com

Congrats!

I'm unsure where to get them....maybe at your resort or at the customer relations booth in any of the parks.....the pins were round and the same size as the "just married" pins...the only difference is they said something list "1st Time at WDW" or something like that....it wasn't our first time, so we didn't try to "cheat" the magic...

As an aside, did you have trouble travelling with your hats??? I would think that they would get smushed...

dave

honeymooner05

Thanks for the info on the pins. I'd like to try to find one for my son. His first trip is in 5 days and I'd love to put it in the scrapbook too.

We actually didn't travel with them. I did get the headband wedding ears when we were there but I got so annoyed with it that I only wore it for half a day. We wore the pins everywhere and received lots on congrats and special gifts. Plus, it was easier to get my new hubby to wear the pins then even try to convince him to wear the hat everyday.

J_Krafty24

You can get the groom hats at the hat shop on main street that is on the right hand side as you are entering just past the building that Tony's is in. This is one of the few places we saw them at during our visit and they had a ton of them (the bride ears on the other hand were all over the place). We only wore our hats on our first day in the parks because it was so hot down there and they would have been miserable for more than that.

We looked all over for the groom hat last week and Ended up getting them at AK. Everywhere else was sold out and backordered until the end of this month.

Raptorsr

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for their input. It's really getting me excited now that we are getting closer and closer. ONLY 300 more days and counting. If anyone has anything else to add or questions please comment some more.
The stories I'm reading from all of you is giving me happy shivers and just making me more and more excited. So thanks and continue away.

H20Babie

This was a while back, but we got our wedding ears right at the gift shop in our resort (POR, was Dixie Landings). We ordered them the night we got checked in and picked them up the next morning. They even asked what colours we wanted for the script (we chose our wedding colours). Still have mine!

aj_steig

I'm unsure where to get them....maybe at your resort or at the customer relations booth in any of the parks.....the pins were round and the same size as the "just married" pins...the only difference is they said something list "1st Time at WDW" or something like that....it wasn't our first time, so we didn't try to "cheat" the magic...

As an aside, did you have trouble travelling with your hats??? I would think that they would get smushed...

dave

I saw quite a few people wearing those buttons when were there last week. The button was red and said " Ist visit or 1st time" to WDW. They were really cute! That would make a really great souvenir. We got our "Just Married" buttons from the World of Disney, so I am assuming they would have the first timer buttons there too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom