WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure to use Virtual Queue

Giss Neric

What do you mean by having a "blank stare" throughout the ride? The practical effects didn't impress you at all or you went in first time already expecting what the ride would be from following the construction of the ride and the land in general so there is no surprise factor. I get that if you're riding a screen based attraction cause you're just staring from one screen to the other but there are more set pieces in ROTR than screens. The blaster shots going through the ceiling, AT-ATs or the canons did nothing for you?

Californian Elitist

What do you mean by having a "blank stare" throughout the ride? The practical effects didn't impress you at all or you went in first time already expecting what the ride would be from following the construction of the ride and the land in general so there is no surprise factor. I get that if you're riding a screen based attraction cause you're just staring from one screen to the other but there are more set pieces in ROTR than screens. The blaster shots going through the ceiling, AT-ATs or the canons did nothing for you?
Assuming you’re referring to me, I meant it exactly as it sounds. I had no expression because I wasn’t impressed.

SuddenStorm

I'll never forget waiting maybe 15 minutes to ride Rise during the unannounced previews in December of '19. Once I got off the ride they were still boarding so I could have gone again... but I just went 'meh' and decided to head back into Disneyland and ride Splash Mountain. It's mildly disheartening to have the only Disneyland E ticket that's opened in my lifetime be that mediocre- especially considering everything it cost the park to get built. And considering it's the same generation of Imagineering that's now changing classic attractions that have far more charm and soul then Galaxy's Edge and Rise of the Resistance.

It'd be marginally improved if it was OT era- Darth Vader would be a far more impressive animatronic then Kylo Ren, and seeing Princess Leia instead of Rey or Admiral Ackbar instead of the random pilot would help quite a bit.

Giss Neric

I'll never forget waiting maybe 15 minutes to ride Rise during the unannounced previews in December of '19. Once I got off the ride they were still boarding so I could have gone again... but I just went 'meh' and decided to head back into Disneyland and ride Splash Mountain. It's mildly disheartening to have the only Disneyland E ticket that's opened in my lifetime be that mediocre- especially considering everything it cost the park to get built. And considering it's the same generation of Imagineering that's now changing classic attractions that have far more charm and soul then Galaxy's Edge and Rise of the Resistance.

It'd be marginally improved if it was OT era- Darth Vader would be a far more impressive animatronic then Kylo Ren, and seeing Princess Leia instead of Rey or Admiral Ackbar instead of the random pilot would help quite a bit.
I'm more confused as to how confident they were to build two of these in both coasts and identical. They could have built one here and one overseas in Paris, since they're building a smaller version of it now. I don't know if the Asian parks are a good demographic for Star Wars. One Old Trilogy and one New Trilogy would work too.

In terms of ROTR, I didn't find it mediocre as I'm easily impressed anyways. Bring me to Six Flags Magic Mountain and I would be contented even though it's just a bunch of rollercoasters.

Sbk1234

I'm a Marvel nerd, not a SW nerd (though I like a portion of SW a lot). So for me personally the choice is Marvel over Star Wars. I also have motion sickness issues, so I will never be able to ride ROTR because of the drop, which is a shame because I think I'd enjoy a lot of the rest of it. But I need the family-friendly/less intense attractions. So there, WEB would also get my vote.

But for anyone other than a diehard Marvel fan or someone with motion sickness who can't go on ROTR, the first choice logically is the E-Ticket ROTR as the bigger experience.
I will say that I get pretty bad motion sickness, and the drop on ROTR wasn't bad for me at all. It is very short. NOTHING compared to Tower of Terror (yes, I know what I called it.) You know your own body and what you can handle. Perhaps have someone who knows your limits ride it first.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I will say that I get pretty bad motion sickness, and the drop on ROTR wasn't bad for me at all. It is very short. NOTHING compared to Tower of Terror (yes, I know what I called it.) You know your own body and what you can handle. Perhaps have someone who knows your limits ride it first.
Thanks, but yeah, it's a no go. :) I cannot do vertical drops. Or even look at them - when the doors to Tower open, I look away. Can't handle anything that spins either. Or look at them.

It means there are attractions I won't ever be able to experience. Frankly, I think I'm probably missing out more by never being able to do FoP at WDW (and I'm not a fan of Avatar - but c'mon flying on a dragon?) or pretty much any attractions at WWoHP (though if I ever go to Uni Orlando, I'm GOING on the Hogwarts Express even if I have to close my eyes or look away from the 'window' the entire time. Because Hogwarts Express.) - than missing out on RotR. Like others though, if RotR was themed to the Original Trilogy, I'd probably have more of a pull to want to see it. As it is, I'm okay without experiencing it. Jedi Training Academy's cancellation was more of a loss to me than not being able to go on RotR. The look on a kid's face (or their parent's) when fighting Darth Vader with a plastic lightsaber is way more magical to me than anything an E-Ticket can offer. :)

MoonRakerSCM

If anything I'd say that the motion of the vehicles throughout the main ride would bother you more than the miniscule drop. The vehicles do have a wavy path to them and do move backwards in ways sometimes that could cause motion sickness.

CM.X777

I also think Disney opening a Star Wars ride in 2019 had to have an experience like this. Perhaps they went with the wrong concept but I don’t think a thrill ride/ coaster would have cut it. Any sort of thrill ride I think would have to be the #2 option in the land. Perhaps they would have been better off with ROTR (or an equivalent), the dog fight coaster and have the Falcon be a walk through or something. Especially since Star Tours already exists. I think they overestimated how revolutionary the Falcon would be and were blinded by the interactive gameplay component. I think ROTR is executed pretty well for the concept they chose as opposed to Smugglers Run that’s a better, more simple concept but not executed well... at least for 4 of the 6 riders. With that said, I think the tech (without spending an astronomical amount of money) that could make ROTR a mind blowing experience is probably 10-20 years away especially since they are going for the hyper real sort of immersiveness. This thing isn’t being graded like Mr. Toad.

The issue I perceive with Falcon is, while the ride system is impressive the game level just sucks.

The level has minimal replay value with the only variation whether you get the second container or not. Not to mention the bulk of the mission is basically going down a series of tubes.

It was meant to launch with multiple missions, and the Play App would detect what mission you had done before so you would get a different mission your next ride. You can see some use of this tech in that there are 3 different greeting from Hondo (all new, some new, and all returning) in the hallway before you enter the cockpit.

Not to mention they had to dumb down the controls, and centralize the POV since testing showed people didn't understand that cockpit is offset to the right of the ship.

George Lucas on a Bench

It just wasn't a good idea for a ride. They already have a versatile dependable SW simulator ride in DL. The MF should have been an Instagram Photo Op and just leave it at that. The whole experience is so bizarre because we had no idea what was going on in the abandoned waiting line that has absolutely nothing in it except junk and some lights, and then some alien appears who apparently now owns the MF (Where's Han?) and lends it to us to press buttons and connect the coaxial after CMs hand us cards.

852.gif

George Lucas on a Bench

I first saw this tech in Disaster where Christopher Walken was meant to appear on stage in the room. The worst use I have seen is the Gringo ride where the characters look like projections of little dolls.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom