WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure to use Virtual Queue

MarvelCharacterNerd

Got lucky with the morning queue yesterday and wound up with a morning boarding pass, so I got to ride it again and enjoyed it even more than last time - which is saying a lot considering at the cast preview (my previous ride), it was just my cast friend and I in our own row. But my friend beat me with their score which irritated me lol (around 180,000 to my 160,000).

Yesterday, thanks to the soon-to-lift capacity limits, as a party of one - for probably the only time ever - I got my own row all to myself! And I did nearly twice as well lol at 310,000. (Nowhere near the daily records which like last time were 800,000-ish and may or may not have involved the powering up devices - I did mine the old-fashioned way, with just the regular webs. lol)

Really looking forward to continuing to work on my score and notice more details each time and discover new ways to use the webs. This attraction is just plain fun! :)

el_super

But my friend beat me with their score which irritated me lol (around 180,000 to my 160,000).

Wow... Is the upper limit for a single person really around 800,000? I scored around 160,000 and I was definitely the lowest performer in my group. But I didnt have anyone around me break 300,000.

waltography

Got lucky with the morning queue yesterday and wound up with a morning boarding pass, so I got to ride it again and enjoyed it even more than last time - which is saying a lot considering at the cast preview (my previous ride), it was just my cast friend and I in our own row. But my friend beat me with their score which irritated me lol (around 180,000 to my 160,000).

Yesterday, thanks to the soon-to-lift capacity limits, as a party of one - for probably the only time ever - I got my own row all to myself! And I did nearly twice as well lol at 310,000. (Nowhere near the daily records which like last time were 800,000-ish and may or may not have involved the powering up devices - I did mine the old-fashioned way, with just the regular webs. lol)

Really looking forward to continuing to work on my score and notice more details each time and discover new ways to use the webs. This attraction is just plain fun! :)
Is that 800,000 solo cap true? I just checked how I scored with my sibling and we got a car total of 543,000 (my 275,000 vs. their 220,000, not including the four level bonuses). Granted I rode on the second day of public operation, but I didn't see any car scores greater than 1,000,000 when I went and only one team in the top ten had any power bands at all.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Wow... Is the upper limit for a single person really around 800,000? I scored around 160,000 and I was definitely the lowest performer in my group. But I didnt have anyone around me break 300,000.
During cast preview I want to say I saw a high score of 1,000,000 or so, but definitely the rest of the leader boards was in the 800,000's.

This weekend (morning boarding) all high scores were in the 800,000's. But again, I'd guess at least some of those were enhanced by the power band things.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Is that 800,000 solo cap true? I just checked how I scored with my sibling and we got a car total of 543,000 (my 275,000 vs. their 220,000, not including the four level bonuses). Granted I rode on the second day of public operation, but I didn't see any car scores greater than 1,000,000 when I went and only one team in the top ten had any power bands at all.
I've no idea what the cap was. I think I saw a high score of a million in midday day on preview day. But the rest of the high scores I saw as noted above were in the 800,000's.

Does it say when they are enhanced scores? I didn't notice that, just the numbers and that I was far below them. lol

waltography

I've no idea what the cap was. I think I saw a high score of a million in midday day on preview day. But the rest of the high scores I saw as noted above were in the 800,000's.

Does it say when they are enhanced scores? I didn't notice that, just the numbers and that I was far below them. lol
Ah, okay! We're seeing the same thing then - what you're seeing are whole row scores, not individual ones. Took a screenshot from a YouTube ride-through:

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 7.33.41 PM.png

You can see the last column says Web Tech; when riders have a power band equipped and use it, an icon shows up in that column. 4 max riders = 8 max power bands. So far, I haven't seen very many high scorers with Web Tech on; when I went, only one team in the top 10 for the month had any Web Tech at all.

Last edited:

MarvelCharacterNerd

Ah, okay! We're seeing the same thing then - what you're seeing are whole row scores, not individual ones. Took a screenshot from a YouTube ride-through:

View attachment 564089

You can see the last column says Web Tech; when riders have a power band equipped and use it, an icon shows up in that column. 4 max riders = 8 max power bands. So far, I haven't seen very many high scorers with Web Tech on; when I went, only one team of 10 in the top 10 for the month had any Web Tech at all.
Ah, cool, I'll look for that next time I exit! The previous two times I just kind of glanced up not wanting to block the people exiting behind me so I missed the details beyond the numbers!

Still proud that I wound up with over 300,000 this weekend being my own row of one person! :D

mickEblu

After that 3rd screen my arms are shot. I still think this is a big reason why I enjoy TSMM more, dim screens and all. More natural movement to play and the tactile component of actually pulling on something. For me the webs on Spidey just feel like they re flying out of nowhere.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
After that 3rd screen my arms are shot. I still think this is a big reason why I enjoy TSMM more, dim screens and all. More natural movement to play and the tactile component of actually pulling on something. For me the webs on Spidey just feel like they re flying out of nowhere.
That's because they are - if they had designed it where the webs launched from the vehicle, the web animation could be programmed to originate from that fixed location. With the virtual webs launching from guests hands the system doesn't render the origin location. Webs kinda just fade into existence in hopes guests don't notice. The whole notion that we are physically triggering webs is kind of lost. It was a dumb concept from inception.

mickEblu

That's because they are - if they had designed it where the webs launched from the vehicle, the web animation could be programmed to originate from that fixed location. With the virtual webs launching from guests hands the system doesn't render the origin location. Webs kinda just fade into existence in hopes guests don't notice.

Yeah it’s not very effective for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom