Web Cams?!?!

ddrongowski

Original Poster
I just did an online survey that popped up when I went to www.disneyworld.com. It asked all kinds of neat questions, but the one I liked the most was about live web cams in the parks, and would I use them if they where available. Of course I said that they would be the biggest waste of time NOT! Does this mean that web cams could be comming back? I sure hope so.:drevil:

pepsistar

:goodnevil :hammer: :lookaroun I, and several others , have been trying to find information on WHAT happened to the Web Cams!!! for a long time. They have been gone for almost 2 yeras now. The only answer we have been getting is they are updateing them?? For "2" years????

It was "my" way of visiting when I got homesick for Disney. They were really great!! All of the parks--- You could check out main street at MK and see all the people-- sometimes one of the parades if you checked at the right time. Look at spaceship earth, maybe see the fireworks--- and etc.

BRING BACK OUR WEB CAMS!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :lookaroun

If the survey has anything to do with it I am off to vote!

VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!!!!!! maybe if we all do?????? Please help return our link to "HOME!!!!"---:wave: :lookaroun

Katherine

Somebody brought this up in another post. I'm would be soo excited if disney brings back the webcams that way we can all monitor our favorite place on earth!

Sorcerer1

The citywalk cams at Universal have also been turned off for a while now. The only cams operating right now on Disney property are the Epcot cam (located on the Swan roof), and the Shades of Green construction cam. I have both of them posted on my website. I'll link them below.

Epcot Cam
and
Shades of Green Cam

Sorcerer1

Hey ddrongowski. I just did the DisneyWorld.com survey, and put some major emphasis on the Web Cam issue. I hope this is a new sign of web cam developments. On the survey, i noticed that it said "Live video of Disney World attractions." I hope this is true. If you have not voiced your opinion, head over to disneyworld.com and take the survey!

no2apprentice

Not trying to sound like a naysayer, but I'd be surprised if they brought them back online anytime soon. They just laid off 100 jobs from Craft and Maintenance, and they're thinking of spending money on web-cams that bring in no revenue?

It's going to be interesting to see what they do with this info from the survey.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by s25843
Well, See the Cameras are Still there. I think the biggest problem they have is server costs. It gets expensive hosting 7 images (1 each in EP, MK, MGM, 4 in AK) 7 images with a 60 second update running for 14 hours a day.

Hopefully they will bring em back!

This should bring back some memories (Wait for it to load)

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=2898&papass=&sort=4&thecat=500

This is just a guess here... but I dont think bandwith and the cost of it would be that big of deal with disney.... especially now since they are partnered with MSN...

I would love to see a truelook camera www.truelook.com type setup at the parks... where you can pan and tilt & zoom in real time :)

alrcam

I really hope they bring them back as I used them to maintain the Disney FIX between visits.
If they were to use cameras like the ones that used to be at Universal where you could control them from you PC that would be superb.

s25843

Originally posted by alrcam
I really hope they bring them back as I used them to maintain the Disney FIX between visits.
If they were to use cameras like the ones that used to be at Universal where you could control them from you PC that would be superb.

LOL If they Did, that would be great, but the que to use the damn things would be 2 hours long. Ah we even get the magical wait expirence! How Realistic

Kellylynn322

Originally posted by s25843
LOL If they Did, that would be great, but the que to use the damn things would be 2 hours long. Ah we even get the magical wait expirence! How Realistic

Can I get a fastpass? Only so many hours of web surfing at work allowed. :lol:

Mikejakester

i think the line would be longer than 2 hours if we ever have to make a line.

If they ever do that I don't think it would work like that anyway

WHat they do is that they take panoramic pic ever so many minutes, and you can move around the pic or zoom in.

I haven't seen live feed of web cams of that sort of thing yet. Just instant pics.

alrcam

The old cameras they had at Universal definitely moved real time, not live action but still images.
They had about 4 from memory.
Can anyone else remember them
You could zoom in on a paricular area and watch the progress of people or events.
The technology is there but it may prove too costly!!!!!
I hope not because you can check on a number of different things like crowds and the weather.

Just returned from trip no 5
Planning trip no 6 for next year

VacationMan

You know, Universal IOA use to have 2 remote cameras with controls... one In the citywalk area over looking the "split open" area between the two parks, and one in the Marvel land, pointed over the pond. They were "true look" with 10X zoom, and pan controls for the user... to tell you how big of geek I am, I'd call ... or have family call when visiting THAT park and zoom in on them, save the .jpg and print it for them. It was all in real-time, and was extremely clear!... Very fun to use, and little was know about it.

Disneys are "fixed", offered POOR resoulition, were never cleaned (as they were always fogged), and added very little to their site.

Personally I think they were all removed due to security and "privacy" concerns for the parks. The IOA camera was especially good at real time control, so that you could actually follow people around the park....

Just my food for thought... It is a VERY fun product, but most likely would be used for "bad purposes".

DMC-12

Originally posted by VacationMan
You know, Universal IOA use to have 2 remote cameras with controls... one In the citywalk area over looking the "split open" area between the two parks, and one in the Marvel land, pointed over the pond. They were "true look" with 10X zoom, and pan controls for the user... to tell you how big of geek I am, I'd call ... or have family call when visiting THAT park and zoom in on them, save the .jpg and print it for them. It was all in real-time, and was extremely clear!... Very fun to use, and little was know about it.

Disneys are "fixed", offered POOR resoulition, were never cleaned (as they were always fogged), and added very little to their site.

Personally I think they were all removed due to security and "privacy" concerns for the parks. The IOA camera was especially good at real time control, so that you could actually follow people around the park....

Just my food for thought... It is a VERY fun product, but most likely would be used for "bad purposes".

Wow!.... Thanks for the info! Ok Now I remember..... IOA did have the true look system.... I remember Zooming in on the hulk coaster and checking out all the lands a few years ago or more when I was bored at work!

THAT is the type of setup WDW needs.... that would rock! :sohappy: :sohappy:

Sorcerer1

The Truelook cams are awesome, but i think i would rather see live streaming cams, so we could see and hear what was going on in the parks, LIVE. Also, they could use my idea, and pop a streaming web cam on the front of one of the monorail trains. How cool would that be!?! :cool:

DMC-12

Originally posted by Sorcerer1
The Truelook cams are awesome, but i think i would rather see live streaming cams, so we could see and hear what was going on in the parks, LIVE. Also, they could use my idea, and pop a streaming web cam on the front of one of the monorail trains. How cool would that be!?! :cool:

Streaming would be great as well! Wire it with a mic to get the ambient noise in the park to... *drool* ..... That would be great! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom