Weather

L_Cadman

We normally visit WDW in September but due to my little girl starting school next September we are coming in June. Please could anyone tell me about the weather eg rainfall and temp and also attendances. We are coming from England so we are used to the rain!!!!!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Zoinks!! I don't mean to frighten you off, but I went in June one year and swore I would never go back during that month. Large tour groups swarming all over and torrential downpours half the time. In fact, I remember rain more than I remember heat.

But that was at the end of the month--maybe it's different in the beginning of June. I was there a couple of times towards the end of May, and it was not rainy, but very hot, and while there were lots of people there, it was not "shoulder-to-shoulder".

Upvote 0

dreamer

In June you'll pray for rain to get relief from the sweltering heat and humidity. And you'll probably get it in huge 1-2 hour downpours in the afternoon. After the rain the heat returns and the humidity doubles. Plan on wearing as little clothing as possible. If there's a depression around it may stay gray all day like England but that's rare.

Upvote 0

dreamer

In case it matters, the place will be swarming with homosexuals the first two weeks of June. If you have to go then, check the gay day website where they post what day they'll be where so you can avoid the crowds and spectacle.

Upvote 0

WDWCook

In the summer it tends to rain for about 2 hrs a day. But its a nice strong quick thunderstorm ususaly around 3-5pm perfect for dinner time or a quick nap at the hotels.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by dreamer
In case it matters, the place will be swarming with homosexuals the first two weeks of June. If you have to go then, check the gay day website where they post what day they'll be where so you can avoid the crowds and spectacle.

Unless, of course, you think you might enjoy the crowds and spectacle. ;)

Upvote 0

Michael72688

Originally posted by Tiggerish
Zoinks!! I don't mean to frighten you off, but I went in June one year and swore I would never go back during that month. Large tour groups swarming all over and torrential downpours half the time. In fact, I remember rain more than I remember heat.

But that was at the end of the month--maybe it's different in the beginning of June. I was there a couple of times towards the end of May, and it was not rainy, but very hot, and while there were lots of people there, it was not "shoulder-to-shoulder".

When did you come? cause it doesnt rain that much then

Upvote 0

DisneyBound

I went in June but it was 15 years ago. I remember it being very hot and a good little storm out of nowhere every afternoon. It was very busy, lots of standing in line.

Upvote 0

bearboysnc

Originally posted by dreamer

No, thats incorrect, we only take over the parks the first weekend in June. Not two weeks. And ACTUALLY we only take over one park each day.

AK thurday - minimal gay attendance
MGM friday - minimal gay attendance
MK saturday - HUGE gay attendance
EC sunday - small gay attandence

BTW - if you aren't gay... don't wear red this weekend. (all the queers will be wearing red)

AND, Contrary to whats been posted before WDW does not replace your shirt if you accidently wear the wrong color.

Upvote 0

Juggler

The last time we visited in June it was above 100 deg every day and for the two weeks I was in Florida we didn't have a single drop of rain! It didn't bother me, but the wife found it hard going. We had to drink LOTS!

The first day of our vacation was Gay day, luckily someone warned me of this and we went to Universal instead. It was actually on the news that night and in all my vacations to Florida I have never seen crowds like it in MK.

But I would not let Gay day or the weather (Sun or Rain) put me off going in June. Even the experts don't do all that well at predicting the weather :lol: and Gay day is just one day, go to another park that day! It's the Crowds and the length of time you have to queue compared with September, which is when we go..... we are actually going this Friday! (Glad to see this Sept 11th has been less eventful this year! :sohappy: )

But if June is the only time you can go..... Then I'd go! Any opportunity to go is good no matter what time of the year!

Upvote 0

DisneyBound

Im finding this conversation quite amuzing really. What is meant by gay spectacle?? I must live a sheltered life :D What makes gay groups any different than another large group?

Upvote 0

bearboysnc

Originally posted by DisneyBound
Im finding this conversation quite amuzing really. What is meant by gay spectacle?? I must live a sheltered life :D What makes gay groups any different than another large group?

To a closed minded minority, our mere existence is a spectacle.

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
BACK TO THE MAIN SUBJECT..........

Yes, June is very hot and for the past 5 years, it routinely rained some afternoons for about an hour or so. No big deal. BUT, this past june (2002) the bottom dropped out for the entire week we were there. It rained several hours a day starting anywhere from 10 am to 3 pm. And it usually rained hard.

Just a sidenote, if you pack panchos before going, buy NON-yellow ones. When it rains at WDW, everything becomes a sea of yellow.

Upvote 0

Michael72688

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
BACK TO THE MAIN SUBJECT..........

Yes, June is very hot and for the past 5 years, it routinely rained some afternoons for about an hour or so. No big deal. BUT, this past june (2002) the bottom dropped out for the entire week we were there. It rained several hours a day starting anywhere from 10 am to 3 pm. And it usually rained hard.

Just a sidenote, if you pack panchos before going, buy NON-yellow ones. When it rains at WDW, everything becomes a sea of yellow.

I know exactly what you are talking about, that was the beginning of our summer break, it rained like that for about the first 3 or 4 weeks of June, it wasnt cool at all, anyways it is not normally like that!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom