Weather May /early June

disney lover2

Original Poster
Hi Just to mention someone i know has just returned from orlando on Saturday (27/5) and has said that there has not been alot of rain in the last month so they are in desperately need of some ...... just my luck that when we arrive on the 7th June that it decides to rain lots... i know that June is one of the wettest time sbut please lets hope it is good weather.
Has anyone else just arrived back and heard the same rumour... or can confirm the weather..

Rabflmom

Hi Just to mention someone i know has just returned from orlando on Saturday (27/5) and has said that there has not been alot of rain in the last month so they are in desperately need of some ...... just my luck that when we arrive on the 7th June that it decides to rain lots... i know that June is one of the wettest time sbut please lets hope it is good weather.
Has anyone else just arrived back and heard the same rumour... or can confirm the weather..

Temps have actually been pretty cool in May. Staying around 85.

We are in the middle of a drought. We are way below average on rain amounts. The state has banned all fires except in grills that have lids. A good share of the fires we have been having( sometimes 200+ burning a day) are near roads or campgrounds so be careful if you smoke or are camping.

So far fireworks have not been banned in the parks. If June doesn't start bringing in some rain, it may be the next thing the state bans before the 4th of July. We sort of need a "little tropical storm" to get some rain here that amounts to enough to help the situation. But none of us really want to go through any more of those either:-( ,especially if the "little tropical storm" becomes one of the 5-7 major hurricanes they are predicting.

So pray it rains at night-every night for weeks . <G> We have had some really beautiful weather in May. Sunday was really nice in the parks because of the wonderful breeze.

The Mom

Premium Member
Looks as if we're getting that little tropical storm everyone was praying for. :lol: It's been raining steadily all night....not a flooding downpour yet (but heavier rain is expected) but a steady soaking.

It is covering the area of all the forest fires as well as most of the state, so it truly is a blessing for those who are NOT starting their vacation today. (such as yours truly;a week at the beach)

disney lover2

Original Poster
Thanks for your comments and information on the weather... we leave for florida tomorrow and do hope that the weather is now alot better... hope you got the rai you wanted and now the sun is shining.

Rabflmom

Thanks for your comments and information on the weather... we leave for florida tomorrow and do hope that the weather is now alot better... hope you got the rai you wanted and now the sun is shining.

Looks like maybe the regular afternoon showers are starting to develop. In the last few days we got just over 5 inches of rain but we still have a ways to go before it ends the drought. Usually plenty of sun during the day before and after the showers. If it is lightning like the storm this week, just plan something indoors during the worst of it and as soon as the lightning part is gone continue on. Have fun

BTW look to the EAST tonight about 7:30------shuttle is being launched from Pad 39A. Hopefully it won't be scrubbed because of weather. Plan to be on the beach after work to watch her fly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom