Weather in June

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Hot, steamy with a little bit of thunder and sideways rain. Cause when it storms, it storms!

Florida rain is the best....!:D

Three years in a row, we have been caught in a HUGE thunder storm at Epcot and we happened to be at the Japanese Pavillion....boy did I spend the money that day....we were stuck there for 2 hours. Everything was flooded all three times....it was like the humidity gets sooo intense that the sky just opens up the flood gates.:drevil:

Upvote 0

MicBat

VERY hot!! But disney does their part to keep guests cool during the summer (through fans, misters, etc). The first time I went to AK (hottest park in WDW) was in June and they were giving away free bottles of water! :eek: :cool:

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Talked to a friend in Windermere, FL recently and she told me it's been unseasonably hot this May and that she can't imagine how much worse it will be in June. Last June, we visited just about the same days you will be there this year. It was hot, hot, hot. And when it wasn't hot, it was raining. We had rain ponchos and had to buy new ones because the oriiginals had been taken on and off so much they ripped. The important thing is to keep yourself hydrated. Besides, you're on vacation in Florida in the summer, it's supposed to be hot.

Upvote 0

Maerj

My other trips to WDW have always been in April or May and that weather was fine for me, but my next trip starts June 12. These posts aren't really making me feel good about going at this time...

:(

Upvote 0

Maerj

So, I've heard, I guess it could be worse then, huh? :veryconfu

Every trip there so far for me has been between 90 and 95 degrees, and thats fine. I actually don't mind that, so if it around that temperature I will be okay. My fiance on the other hand is a completely different story.

Upvote 0

Maerj

Yeah but the thing here is is that I am taking my fiance there for the first time. Ever since she has known me, I have been "oh WDW this" and "oh WDW that" and if she has anything less than a perfect time I'm gonna end up looking like I was lying or exaggerating or something. So, I guess that is why I am really... uh, nervous I guess you could say. I may be worrying over nothing but you know that if someone is like really into something like we are into WDW and our prospective mates aren't, well that can be a bad thing. I just want her to go there, 'feel the magic' and have the most perfect trip possible.

Upvote 0

leeocean

I'm going to be down there June 14-22 with a good freak of mine. It'll be hot and it may even rain but FL summer rain is the best. It happens for an hour and then it's over with. But I love the hot weather. I don't think that you will be thinking about it too much because you are in and out of Air Conditioning all day.

Upvote 0

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by leeocean
I'm going to be down there June 14-22 with a good freak of mine.

Awww...you're too nice *blushes* (Honestly...who else would I rather go with???)

Like she said...who cares about the rain? the heat? the crowds? It's DISNEY WORLD! (I'm not jumping with giddiness) The rain will come and go, the A/C, the pools, and the waterparks should be enough to cool you down...and crowds? (That's what FastPass is for :) )

Upvote 0

GaryT977

As a Florida native, I've noticed that it's the humidity more than the heat that drives northerners crazy. That's why the rain is so welcome when it comes. If you come to Florida in the summertime (especially a city with no ocean breeze), expect to sweat early, then get some rain in the afternoon to wash off the sweat.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom